“Good short stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, WA
“Good short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed at this property for 2 nights in May while traveling to a family event. We wanted a location between San Francisco and East Bay Area and this fit the bill. The property is new and the rooms are clean and spacious. The view of the bay over the marshland was very scenic. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard Hampton fare and appreciated since there were not many other food options close by. The property is located right next to the Oakland International Airport and we were concerned about jet noise. It was barely noticeable when the TV was on, but during the night, you did feel/hear the slight rumble of the jets taking off/landing. It didn't seem to bother our daughter, but my husband and I did end up getting ear plugs for the second night and slept much better. The beds are VERY comfortable. I would recommend this hotel, but if you are a light sleeper be sure to bring ear plugs.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

We were flying out of OAK at 6:00 am so we wanted to stay somewhere close by that was safe, quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced. Hampton fit the bill almost perfectly.
We never heard a plane taking off or landing. Unbelievable considering that at many hotels you can hear traffic noise from a nearby highway! The bed was comfortable & had plenty of pillows. The room and bathroom had plenty of space.
When I checked in I was told I could drop off my rental car that night and Hampton would send a shuttle over to bring me back to the hotel. Then they would also take me to the airport in the morning. That way I didn't have to go over the rental drop off area extra early and wait for a shuttle from the airport in the morning. Wonderful!
The only thing I hope Hampton will change is their policy for breakfast. Right now it is available from 6:00 - 9:00 am. If they would put out some basic items (bagels, pieces of fruit, doughnuts, etc.) for those who are flying out really early it would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise I encourage anyone to stay here!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Paradise, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

We have stayed here several times, always nice and clean, spacious rooms.. Friendly staff, convenient to Oakland Airport & Coliseum. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the city, quiet, safe and near the water. One of my favorite Hampton Inns.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Kodiak Island, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

This hotel is located in the new business park next to the Oakland Airport. Since it is literally next to the airport, there is absolutely no traffic getting to the airport and the shuttle ride was less than five minutes.
I am a Hilton Honors member and I stay almost exclusively at Hilton Brand Hotels. I favor Embassy Suites and Hampton Inns for their excellent rooms, very nice all-inclusive breakfast and manager's happy hour.
This hotel is very clean, very quiet and easily accessible. It's a bit tough to find because it's tucked back in a business park and the new roads aren't necessarily in all vehicle GPS systems. If you're not taking a shuttle, make sure you get directions before arriving in the area.
I highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay before or after a flight.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

This was my first time staying at this hotel. My husband's parents have stayed here a few times and have always said what a nice hotel it is. We decided to book rooms here for my daughter's sweet 16 party. We had 4 rooms total including a set of connecting rooms. The staff was very helpful with helping me with my reservation. Epecially because I wanted/needed to have the connecting rooms plus the room next to it and across. The girls were really impressed with the hotel. I felt that the rooms and hotel in general was so clean and comfortable. I liked my bed and my pillows were just right. It was just a great experience overall. I would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank CyKeWh
Arcadia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

Just finished my second stays with the Hampton Inn Alameda near the OAK airport. Even it is only rated 2-star (sometimes 2.5), it is better than many 3 or 4-star hotels I have stayed in. The room and the bathroom are both very clean. There is no bathtub but shower, but it is good enough for me. There is no restaurant but they offer free continental breakfast (which is actually pretty nice). The staff were also very helpful in recommending restaurants around the area. The business center has two computers. There is a small outdoor pool. They offer free shuttle service to nearby area. Generally I was impressed by this hotel and will recommend it to business travelers with a budget limit.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sander9t
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

My parents, my husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights this November. I was hesitant about booking it because of it's proximity to the airport but my worries were needless as this hotel is first rate. It was just a 10 minute drive to Alameda. Compared to hotel prices and parking fees across the Bay in San Fran. this was a real bargain. The planes were an occasional soft rumble in the background and fun to watch. We had a view of the Bay as well as downtown San Fran. from our 2nd floor window. There is a walking path along the water just a few steps from the hotel that skirts an very nice upscale neighborhood. While the hotel does have a free shuttle you will want a car if you are going to stay here for any length of time. It is located at the edge of a business park and seems to cater to mostly business travelers. This hotel is spotless, the staff is friendly and the breakfasts are hot and filling. There are flat screened TVs in the rooms as well as comfortable beds and an assortment of different pillows. This hotel was consistently first rate throughout our 5 day stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#12 of 49 in Oakland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!