“Excellent, quiet, beautiful setting”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed in a cramped, busy area of San Francisco our first night, then began looking for another hotel that evening and stumbled upon this one. It's a little ways from San Fran, but worth the drive. Everything was perfect - roomy, comfortable, quiet, free parking. There was a little noise from the jets flying overhead, but not nearly as much as might be expected, I'd call it muted. We watched white egrets and Canada geese with their chicks out the back window, where a little creek or river ran through and we could see across the bay to San Fancisco. We had a very, very nice stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TiffanyTea

Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed at this property for 2 nights in May while traveling to a family event. We wanted a location between San Francisco and East Bay Area and this fit the bill. The property is new and the rooms are clean and spacious. The view of the bay over the marshland was very scenic. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard Hampton fare and appreciated since there were not many other food options close by. The property is located right next to the Oakland International Airport and we were concerned about jet noise. It was barely noticeable when the TV was on, but during the night, you did feel/hear the slight rumble of the jets taking off/landing. It didn't seem to bother our daughter, but my husband and I did end up getting ear plugs for the second night and slept much better. The beds are VERY comfortable. I would recommend this hotel, but if you are a light sleeper be sure to bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We were flying out of OAK at 6:00 am so we wanted to stay somewhere close by that was safe, quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced. Hampton fit the bill almost perfectly.
We never heard a plane taking off or landing. Unbelievable considering that at many hotels you can hear traffic noise from a nearby highway! The bed was comfortable & had plenty of pillows. The room and bathroom had plenty of space.
When I checked in I was told I could drop off my rental car that night and Hampton would send a shuttle over to bring me back to the hotel. Then they would also take me to the airport in the morning. That way I didn't have to go over the rental drop off area extra early and wait for a shuttle from the airport in the morning. Wonderful!
The only thing I hope Hampton will change is their policy for breakfast. Right now it is available from 6:00 - 9:00 am. If they would put out some basic items (bagels, pieces of fruit, doughnuts, etc.) for those who are flying out really early it would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise I encourage anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We have stayed here several times, always nice and clean, spacious rooms.. Friendly staff, convenient to Oakland Airport & Coliseum. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the city, quiet, safe and near the water. One of my favorite Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This hotel is located in the new business park next to the Oakland Airport. Since it is literally next to the airport, there is absolutely no traffic getting to the airport and the shuttle ride was less than five minutes.
I am a Hilton Honors member and I stay almost exclusively at Hilton Brand Hotels. I favor Embassy Suites and Hampton Inns for their excellent rooms, very nice all-inclusive breakfast and manager's happy hour.
This hotel is very clean, very quiet and easily accessible. It's a bit tough to find because it's tucked back in a business park and the new roads aren't necessarily in all vehicle GPS systems. If you're not taking a shuttle, make sure you get directions before arriving in the area.
I highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay before or after a flight.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2011

This was my first time staying at this hotel. My husband's parents have stayed here a few times and have always said what a nice hotel it is. We decided to book rooms here for my daughter's sweet 16 party. We had 4 rooms total including a set of connecting rooms. The staff was very helpful with helping me with my reservation. Epecially because I wanted/needed to have the connecting rooms plus the room next to it and across. The girls were really impressed with the hotel. I felt that the rooms and hotel in general was so clean and comfortable. I liked my bed and my pillows were just right. It was just a great experience overall. I would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank CyKeWh
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Just finished my second stays with the Hampton Inn Alameda near the OAK airport. Even it is only rated 2-star (sometimes 2.5), it is better than many 3 or 4-star hotels I have stayed in. The room and the bathroom are both very clean. There is no bathtub but shower, but it is good enough for me. There is no restaurant but they offer free continental breakfast (which is actually pretty nice). The staff were also very helpful in recommending restaurants around the area. The business center has two computers. There is a small outdoor pool. They offer free shuttle service to nearby area. Generally I was impressed by this hotel and will recommend it to business travelers with a budget limit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sander9t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
4 mi away
#10 of 49 in Oakland
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!