Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsoakland airportshuttle servicefree shuttlepark and flybusiness parkrental carcomplimentary breakfast isbay farmwafflessan franciscofitness centerbusiness traveleran early flightfront desk staffwalking paththe hotel is cleanfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've stayed at a number of Hampton Inn locations and have generally been satisfied if not pleased. The Oakland-Alameda Hampton Inn & Suites rates near or at the top of the Hampton Inn properties for me.

I went to school at the University of California in nearby Berkeley a number of years ago, but I never actually made it down to Alameda even though I typically used the Oakland Airport for travel. The area near the airport looks quite nice, with with lanes, not much traffic, and flat sidewalk paths that just begged to be run on.

We had a "suite" - although this is more like a junior suite, not a true suite with a separate bedroom. It was well-sized with a sitting area furnished a sofa, coffee table, and small dining table suitable for three or four. The bathroom was split into two, with a closed bathtub and toilet, and a sink outside. One annoying thing about the bathroom was that the door would not stay open even if you wanted it to.

Now, let's run through the amenities. Breakfast was served from 6-10 am and included hot oatmeal, yogurt cartons, waffles that you prepare from mix in an automatic griddle, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, a meat item (sausages one day, bacon the next), muffins, toast or english muffins, and three kinds of juice from a dispenser.

Tea, coffee, and decaf coffee are offered 24/7.

Wi-fi is free, and there is business center with two computers and a printer, open 24/7.

There are a number of touring bikes that can be borrowed free of charge.

And, most importantly from my standpoint, the gym was open until midnight! (Few things bother me more than hotel gyms that close at 10 pm, unless it's hotel gyms that close at 8 pm.) There were two treadmills, an elliptical, a stationary bike, a weight training machine, and free weights.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tungster
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your thorough, complimentary review of our hotel. You have offered other travelers so many details that will help them get to know our hotel before they arrive. I am glad that you enjoyed the extended hours of our fitness center, the facilities of the business center, the variety of the breakfast items and the features of the guest rooms.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope you can visit us upon your next trip to the Bay Area.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was skeptical of this hotel because when see it on the map, its right next to the departure end (where engines are at full thrust.
I was even more concerned when my room was facing the runway side. But after being in my room for 30 minutes and not hearing anything, I was curious.
Planes were departing on the runway so where's the noise. My room had 5 panes of glass, two separate double pane windows, and a single pane in between.

The hotel seems brand new.
There's a bicycle/walking path right off the property.
You can even gratis borrow one of the hotels bicycles.
Check your GPS, there's a shortcut to the airport.

This is in a modern business park. It's a hike to restaurants, but it feels safer than many other Oakland locations - which tend to feel seedy.

Dear Alex,

Thank you for noticing that our hotel location is very convenient to the airport, yet extremely quiet. We have made every effort to ensure that our guests get a peaceful night’s rest and still get to the ariport quickly. I am so glad that you felt safe at our hotel.

Your business is important to us, our thanks for choosing our hotel for your visit to the Bay Area.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good amenities, clean room , terrific bathroom with lots of storage space. Adequate free breakfast. Very helpful and friendly staff. Liked the free bikes since there is a lot of paths for walking and biking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Abby,

We are very proud of the cleanliness, great service and special amenities we offer. Thank you for commenting on our many benefits and extras. Our free bikes are a wonderful recreational activity that our guests enjoy during their journey. You can see the beaches and the beautiful bay from a vantage point that visitors rarely see.

We appreciate your business. I hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here in May of 2014 for 1 night stay.

Pros:
Quiet
Great furnishings

Cons:
Expensive
Somewhat "off the beaten path".

Check-in was very quick and efficient. The front desk agent was incredibly helpful and recommended some local restaurants.

I was upgraded to a suite that had a large sitting area, desk, and king-size bed with a view of the bay.

I thought the airport noise would be an issue since we were less than 1,000 feet from the end of the runway. Thankfully, I had no issues sleeping and didn't hear a plane after 10:00PM.

We checked-out at 4:00AM and the front desk agent was peppy and cheerful at that crazy hour. We were at the car rental lot within 10 minutes and at our gate at OAK in less than 30 minutes from leaving the hotel. It's location could not be more convenient!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you a quiet night’s sleep and speedy transport to the airport. Our goal is to make our guest’s travels easy and stress free, judging from your experience we are succeeding.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel a good deal for business, and I know that it is easy to be quiet and not cheerful at 4-6am, but that is typically when I check out of the hotel. The staff here was wonderful, and all smiles. They were also very helpful in helping recommend local restaurants according to my tastes.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Nicole,

We believe that a happy staff means happy guests. Your review certainly re-confirms our management philosophy. Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience with other travelers.