“Great location and value”
Review of Marina Village Inn

Marina Village Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
“Great location and value”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I've stayed at the Marina Village Inn several times over the last few years when I go to the bay area. They are located in a quiet bay-side location between two yacht clubs and facing Oakland. The rooms are very nice and most have a view of the Bay.

I've had to change my reservation slightly several times and the staff has always been very helpful with my requests.

You can quickly get to Oakland by car or to San Francisco by ferry.

For the price you can't beat it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ehrlichdieb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I stayed here twice. The first stay was just OK. The second was much worse. I was given a room with no heat except a small space heater that was ineffective, and it was a chilly night. At best this place is a bare bones choice, small room, skimpy much used bedding, etc. With no heat in the room to speak of (even the heat lamp in the bathroom was out) I would rate it unacceptable. I was offered (a) an extra blanket, and (b) that I could cancel my reservation and go elsewhere. I didn't have the means (transportation) to do the latter. Apparently there were numerous rooms where the built-in heating unit was out of commission, so it wasn't just a matter luck of getting the one room in that conditon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank hmmullett

Travellers are raving about these Alameda hotels

canada
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This Inn could have so much potential being on the water at a marina. While it was nice being on the ocean the rooms were big but not all that clean. This is the only place I have ever stayed where they have given dirty/frayed towels to their guests. Basic up keep wasnt looked after from lights/phones not working to doors being covered in sticky mess.
I would not recommend unless you are looking for your average hostel type stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank damix55
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Shower and towels not clean. Breakfeast was pathetic. Room was 'cleaned' but towels not replaced.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank coldaussie
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Telephoned this motel's advertised number for three days prior to my anticipated visit. Went they NEVER once answered the telephone, I left a number on their answering machine each time, inviting them to return my call.

My telephone number is either answered by me, or a recording machine. In three days I did not receive ONE return telephone call. Also, I have a local number, so they didn't even have to worry about toll fees.

The nearby Yacht Club says they are still in business. Couldn't prove it by their "SERVICE." i THOUGH THEY MIGHT BE IN BANKRUPTCY. If not, I expect they soon will be.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank earla
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I was hesitant booking the hotel, and it turned out to be a wonderful surprise. Only a few minutes drive from Oakland, the hotel was a little old, but the room was nicely rennovated. The harbor view of the yachts was beautiful. I could still hear some of the noise coming across the harbor on the Oakland side, but the room itself was relaxing and quiet. The continental breakfast was plenty, the bathroom clean with fluffy towels and good toiletry. It was definitely a good place to stay while we visited relatives in Oakland.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This hotel is adorable. We booked it on bookings.com a few days ago for $50 a night thinking it would just be ok and that we would get a room looking out at a brick wall. Little did we know that we would get a PERFECT parking spot and its free! The staff was delightful. We didnt get there till 11:30 at night and they were awesome about everything. Our room is so cute with a king bed and a lookout of the bay. It is gorgeous! Its clean and tidy. Its just perfect. We love it and will be coming back again. Also they have WIFI. So nice!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Rodeway Inn Oakland/Alameda
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda
Coral Reef Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda

Been to Marina Village Inn? Share your experiences!