Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Orem, Utah
“Not Bad”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here for the first time and it's not bad. My room was good sized and everything was in good working order. The lady that checked me in & out was very friendly and knew her job. But I think the house keepers need to spend more time on clean-up as when I moved the coffee pot there were food crumbs under it and also under the desk, along with hairs around the bathroom sink. It is very remote and you won't find any food unless you travel a couple of miles. Otherwise it was OK but a bit on the spendy side when you consider there's no maid service.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hall. It was OK but it took a long while to get hot water to the sink...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dale - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. As this hotel manager, please accept my apology for the level of cleanliness in your room. I will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this is remedied and our cleaning procedures are improved moving forward. Still, I am glad that you had a quick, easy check-in and that you enjoyed your room overall.

The staff and I would like to thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Albany, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was a clean, comfortable hotel. We were happy to have a large room with a well-appointed kitchenette and not have to pay for frills that we didn't need (swimming pool, restaurant, etc.). The setting was in an area that could be described as business park-- very green and open. It's a great place to stay if traveling with a pet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HOUSTON
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Pros-Hotel was new, clean and great location relative to Oakland airport.

Cons-Very spartan, like a upgraded Motel 6. NO Shuttle to airport. You'll have to book a cab for $15, plus tip. NO Office staff before 7 AM, so no wake up call service.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It's our pleasure to hear that we provided you with clean and comfortable room during your stay. We noted your concerns about no airport shuttle service being provided by the hotel and we have shared this with our corporate office for further review and possible consideration.

Travellers are raving about these Alameda hotels

Alameda, California, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My boyfriend and I moved out to Alameda for a new job opportunity and we staying at this hotel. When we checked into this hotel everyone was very nice and very friendly. So far we've been here for a couple of months, and the people have been like friends to us. Its going to be sad when we have to leave, but if we ever come back this is the place were going to stay at.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are nice. The rooms one the ends are pretty quiet. On one side of the hall there...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Yvette - Thank you for your great review of our property and our staff members. It's great to hear that our staff members were great and created a comfortable environment for you during your stay to make it feel like home away from home. I have shared this review with all my staff members to let them know that we accomplished one of our goals.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My room was very nice but what spoiled it was the tics in my bed and a fuzzy tv,tv was easy to deal with but when I was told there were no other rooms available had to inspect my room myself and try getting confy in the recliner as a customer i should not have went through that in that manner,i took plenty pics and waiting to hear from a manager.HUH

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and I would like to let you know that we take seriously all our guest responses for coaching and improvement purposes.

The housekeeping issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room that offers a home away from home feeling. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. To prevent this from happening again, I have shared this review with my entire team and I will conduct several coaching sessions to make sure our rooms are clean, fresh and comfortable for our guests' stay.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly at oal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have never had a problem with ESA and this stay was no different! If you get a chance stay with ESA you will not be disappointed. Clean rooms, all have kitchens which is a money saver, friendly staff, very accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Jake - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know about recent stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that our staff provided you with a comfortable stay and a clean room.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Special recognition for Sandra Fox, Koi and Aaron. Could not have been more helpful. Everyone tries to provide anything they can to make your stay more comfortable. Rooms are very clean. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2013
Vicci - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It's great to hear that our staff was helpful and made your stay so comfortable. I have shared a copy of this review with everyone at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#13 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda Airport? Share your experiences!