“Fine if you like bland, bland curry.”
Review of House of Curries

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
House of Curries
Ranked #36 of 95 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Recently moved to East Bay from the DC area, and headed to House of Curries for a bite with friends. I hadn't had tikka masala in months and was really looking for it. When it arrived, I hurriedly grabbed some naan, rice, and a piece of smothered chicken and....man. What a let down. Flavorless.

Aside from the naan (which was a bit dry in itself), the food was a major let down and literally flavorless. I eat a lot, so I felt as though I was eating heaps of flavorless food. Good for those who don't like a lot of spice...or flavor (if you as a person exist).

Reviewed 14 July 2015

The food was alright, the seasoning a bit mild for my taste, and their sauces were not as complex as some places I've been, could have used a bit more heat. It was busy when I got my pick-up order, but part of that could be due to convenient location and the prices were a few $ less than similar restaurants. My contact person at the restaurant was very nice. My main complaint, their raita (yogurt sauce) was soupy, I didn't touch it at all. My biggest complement, first time I tried goat, and it was really good, lots of bones, but the meat was quite tender, I would definitely get this dish again.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I rated House of Curries average, but for a fast food place, it really should rate higher. The nan is huge and we appreciate being able to adjust the heat of the curries. The times we've ordered have been at the end of the week when I was too exhausted to cook dinner. House of Curries filled our order quickly and correctly.

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

2 for dinner, Saturday night. Lamb curry fatty and tasted like curry powder. Shrimp dish mediocre, not very tasty. Naan great. Maybe an off night. Hope so.

1  Thank MarkSS1
Reviewed 23 January 2013

A friend and me enjoy this place every Friday night. Tasty food, good portions, nice workers and low pricing. What's not to like?!