“My go to place for takeout food!”
Review of House of Curries

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
House of Curries
Ranked #36 of 92 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Ambience is not fancy at all, just a few tables with a diner feel.. I rarely eat the restaurant. Since i live nearby i prefer to order to go and enjoy it at home. Good portions, fairly inexpensive compared to most Indian restaurants. Flavors of the tikka massala are mild and creamy which is just what i want. Several vegetarian options are quite good to. Easy, no brainer place for me on a regular basis.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I have lived in the East Bay for 15 years. I have eaten here more times than any other restaurant. If I had to guess, I'd say I've been here 40 times over the years. The food is that good!

I'm vegetarian but my husband isn't. Our favorite are: palak paneer, dal, chicken tikka masala, raita and the chai. Don't let the slightly run down exterior and interior fool you - the food is excellent. We like to sit outside year round as there are heaters. And, inside can be a little noisy and/or crowded.

If you want to order for take out, they pack everything well so it is still hot when you get it home.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

This is the dinner spot that everyone in my family can agree on. Dishes range from mild to spicy, all with delicious hearty flavor. You won't regret the basic naan and chicken tikka masala, plus there's hot milky tea for free while you wait for your takeout to be prepared. Prices are mid-range, about $8-9 for an item.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here and loved it. Excellent vegetarian options like masalas, curried cauliflower, naans, samosas, biryanis but the eggplant dish was so good I bought 1 for each of us to take home.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

As an Indian restaurant this place is just okay. As a take-out option we love having it on Solano. Personally, I think the chicken and lamb wraps are the best thing going here aside from the delicious, rich chai. Chai is free when you eat in and a bargain, $1.50 to take out. The various dishes served on rice are fine for take-out though nothing special. Just a nice option in the 'hood.