“More than Hainan chicken rice”
Review of Savoy

Savoy
Ranked #100 of 223 Restaurants in Alhambra
Cuisines: Chinese, Pizza, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“More than Hainan chicken rice”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Even though I live in the area, it is my first visit to Savoy. The line seems very long every time I pass by, but this time we arrived around 1p and the wait was only 10 min. We decided against ordering their famous hainan chicken rice and went with their smoked duck pasta and their seafood pizza. Their pasta was extra saucy, but came with fresh bread for you scoop up the sauce. The pasta sauce was a red cream squce that tasted like marinara sauce with a tad bit of ginger. The pizza was worth the 20 min wait. The crust was fresh made and the pizza sauce was the same pasta sauce as the pasta. There was plenty of seafood on the pizza. Wait staff were great and prices are reasonable.

Visited December 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
“Very taste Hai Nan Ji Fan”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very authentic Hai Nan Ji Fan (Chicken with rice). The rice was very tasty. Chicken was good but my mom said it would be better if they used fresh chicken. Price was very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

When it comes to decide which restaurant have the best Hainam Chicken, Savoy is definetly has a right to claim one :)
Their Hainam Chicken was cooked to perfection. The only closest contender is Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Singapore, but since I live here I vote for savoy.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Perhaps I just wasn't that hungry”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was in town for 3 days and all my local friends raved about this place so I had to give it a try. It was 93 degrees that day and we were sitting outside, so maybe that was why I found nothing too special about the famous Hainanese chicken (we got the dark meat). Or maybe my expectation was too high because everybody kept telling me how awesome the food was. We only have Nyonya and some small ones in NYC so I perhaps I just got used to non-authentic Malaysian food. But I looked around and everyone else seemed to really enjoy the food and they do have a large selection for a small place like that. It looks very clean and the service was great. I would still give it a try next time I'm in town to see if I feel differently.

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Excellent malaysian food.”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Everything is good here but if it's your first time, I would highly recommend the hainan chicken and the curries.

Visited February 2013

Been to Savoy? Share your experiences!