“Good food and service with reasonable prices”

Charlie's Trio Cafe
Ranked #11 of 227 Restaurants in Alhambra
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: First St.
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Good food and service with reasonable prices”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I absolutely love the heirloom tomato salad. I come here with coworkers for lunch, and everyone is always happy with their food no matter what they order. Service is also pretty good here. Prices are reasonable. I recommend this cafe for lunch.

• Visited December 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Always enjoyable”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Our family loves to visit this branch. Home style cooking, great value. Delicious pesto dip for the bread. My favorite dish is linguini with clams (red sauce); good size clams and not the tiny ones that other restaurants serve. Attentive waitresses and host.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles
“Inconsistent Food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

So... I came here again last night. Brought my other set of relatives here because I had such a great experience just a week ago. However, it was shockingly disappointing. It was as if I walked into a whole new other restaurant!

We made reservations for 7:30pm. We were quickly seated to a table since the place was only 1/3 full. The service was definitely slow. I do not like asking for the same things over and over (refill on bread basket, needing more water, etc).

Our waiter was friendly and cracked jokes. But it only translate well with people who are fluent in English (which the people I was with was not and his jokes became very confusing).

The food itself was rather bland. The presentation of it was just whatever. (On my first visit, the food that was brought out were garnished beautifully.) I got the clam and linguine with red sauce. It was nothing special. Tasted and looked like something from the Spaghetti Factory.

I don't think I would recommend this place due to the lack of consistency in food and service. Made a bad impression on me and my out of town guests :(

Visited September 2013
So Calif
“One of our go to places in Alhambra”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

You can always get a good meal here for a reasonable price. What we like best is the broasted chicken and the shrimp scampi. The other pasta dishes, especially the chicken diablo, never fails. The prices here are low compared to the quality of the dishes. The house wines are very average. They serve bread with a herb infused olive oil that's very tasty. You can add a salad to your entree for $2. although they forgot to bring the salad on my last visit. The restaurant can get fairly busy on weekends as well as the parking in the area but I feel it's worth the trouble.

• Visited June 2013
“I will not be back!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I webt for lunch with some co workers. Portions are very little. I ordered fried calamari appetizer and they served me a few rings of it at a expency price.

I am not sure if I will be back.
MD

• Visited July 2012

Been to Charlie's Trio Cafe? Share your experiences!