I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a business workshop. It's one of the few times I haven't selected my own hotel when traveling, but it didn't disappoint. It looks fairly new all over (outside, lobby, restaurant, rooms), and the high point was the bed, which was very soft with lots of excellent pillows. I slept great. High marks for cleanliness except for a couple of stray hairs in the bathroom.
Honestly it's a bit strange that the hotel is fitness-themed -- there are even small barbells in the bathroom -- but it wasn't overwhelming. I didn't visit their large fitness center but could see it, as well as two pools and a hot tub, from my window.
My main complaint, and the reason I rated service four stars instead of five, is that I filled out the breakfast pre-order slip and hung it on my doorknob as instructed hours before the deadline the previous night, but no one picked it up, so I was expecting a breakfast that never arrived. They apologized when I asked about it at the front desk and offered to call and make sure it didn't happen the following night.
I was also disappointed that there was no bathtub, and they'd put me in a handicapped-accessible room with a very dark shower and bench I had to squeeze around to wash my hair. For my second night I requested a room with a tub and they switched me, no problem. I'm not sure where the oversized soaking tubs they advertise on their website are, though, because the one in my room was standard. Maybe they're in the suites.
One other small beef is that the bathroom lights turn off automatically after about half an hour, which is fine most of the time but not so great when you're taking a bath and are all of a sudden plunged into darkness.
The free WiFi is convenient, if occasionally slow. All the staff members I encountered were friendly and helpful, sometimes to the point of being perky. The food in the restaurant was very good. They valet park fancy cars right in front of the hotel, probably in an effort to make it seem swank. It kind of works - we admired them. Our group took a 10-minute walk down the street to a shopping area to get dinner our second night there, and the area felt safe and was very clean and well-maintained.
I'm not sure I would have selected this hotel myself, but it was more than satisfactory and I wouldn't mind staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transform your upcoming vacation or business trip into an inspiring journey when you stay at the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel. Our resort-style hotel offers spacious guest rooms featuring contemporary furnishings, plush bedding, modern technologies and complimentary Wi-Fi. Let the stress melt away at R Spa, our full-service day spa, or enjoy a rewarding workout session with available personal training and nutrition counseling at ClubSport, our state-of-the-art fitness center. Our Renaissance is home to Citrus Fresh Grill, offering flavorful New American dishes including a menu of healthy options under 485 calories. With 5,500 square feet of event space, our Aliso Viejo hotel is ideal for memorable weddings and corporate meetings. Guests at our hotel will enjoy easy access to Disneyland(R), Laguna Beach and a wide variety of upscale shopping and dining. Enjoy unexpected luxury and thoughtful amenities at every turn when you stay at the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Clubsport Aliso Viejo Hotel Aliso Viejo
- Renaissance Aliso Viejo
- Aliso Viejo Renaissance
- Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel California