We had a little 1-night staycation here to decompress before getting back to the grind. The service and staff were great and the property has much to offer. Its got a newer more modern feel to it.
Our room overlooked the pool area and didn't feel cramped at all. There was even a chaise lounge chair next to the window. There was also a desk area, keurig coffee maker, flat screen tv, closet, safe and bathrobes. The bathroom was really nice with a glass door and rain shower. There were actually decent working blow dryers too. There were Aveda products in there as well. As far as our king size bed goes, I'm not sure if its a chain wide Marriott thing or not but the bed was on the firmer side, which for some might be fine but for me was a little difficult to get completely comfortable in. I would still stay here again anytime.
The sports club can easily be compared to an Equinox, Sports Club LA, or 24hr Fitness Ultra Sport-type gym.
There is a great outdoor lounge area with couches fire pits. We sat out here to eat dinner and ordered a bunch of stuff off the share plates menu so we could try a little bit of everything. The food was fantastic! Everything we ate was great! They also offered a healthy choice menu and a great micro brew selection. There is a bar inside and deli. The morning breakfast buffet offered everything from eggs, bacon and waffles to omelettes and hot & cold cereal and fruit. We would definitely come to this property just to eat and hang out.
The hotel sits right off the 73 TOLL road which made it very quick and easy for me to get back to work in Newport the next morning but if you're not one with a toll road transponder, be prepared to pay the tolls in cash. There was self parking ($10) as well as valet parking but it didn't look like anyone was really monitoring the self parking in the structure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transform your upcoming vacation or business trip into an inspiring journey when you stay at the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel. Our resort-style hotel offers spacious guest rooms featuring contemporary furnishings, plush bedding, modern technologies and complimentary Wi-Fi. Let the stress melt away at R Spa, our full-service day spa, or enjoy a rewarding workout session with available personal training and nutrition counseling at ClubSport, our state-of-the-art fitness center. Our Renaissance is home to Citrus Fresh Grill, offering flavorful New American dishes including a menu of healthy options under 485 calories. With 5,500 square feet of event space, our Aliso Viejo hotel is ideal for memorable weddings and corporate meetings. Guests at our hotel will enjoy easy access to Disneyland(R), Laguna Beach and a wide variety of upscale shopping and dining. Enjoy unexpected luxury and thoughtful amenities at every turn when you stay at the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Clubsport Aliso Viejo Hotel Aliso Viejo
- Renaissance Aliso Viejo
- Aliso Viejo Renaissance
- Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel California