Before I realized (fully unpacked the carry-on size bag once I got home) that a favorite shirt from a best friend had been taken, I was going to rate this hotel a “3”. Main reasons: no bathtub (surprising on a number of counts to include it sure helps to soak after a hard workout), consistent problems with amenities/access within the room (the coffee "box" had not been replenished; only one bottle of water was included (two guests), when I did get the coffee, the coffee maker was broken/emitted a white sugary-like substance.) Also, food was hit and miss with a number of items inedible, e.g., never encountered scrambled eggs that were both tasteless and had a strange "starchy" texture. Also, unless you use the one restaurant (cited above via room service), the only other close-by option is the coffee/starbucks (?) within the hotel which provided the most bland and again, inedible, Fruit Fantastic (something like that) smoothie.
So fast forward to home (this was a local trip; drove our own car), and my “modern art” shirt from a best friend is no longer in my suitcase. When I called the hotel, they asked for a description and any other pertinent details. The one item that came to mind was the fact our room was never serviced during our two-night stay. This was despite the fact the maid service was actively in our hallway (we were at the end) servicing all the rooms (both sides of the hallway) before we left the room for approx. 2 hours. My son and I both commented to each other, the servicing seemed to take a long time. They appeared to be working on the 3 closest rooms for approx. 1.5 hours before we left. When we got back to the room (my son was not feeling well), it was not serviced. I went down the hall to someone serving another room and asked was there a reason why our room was skipped. The man appeared to only speak broken English and told me I should contact the front desk. I did not because my son wanted privacy. At approx. 4 PM, maid service tapped on the door and I declined it after asking for the coffee, coffee cups etc. for the next morning.
Bottom-line, I get a call from Management telling me they can track any entries to the room and no one other than occupants (my son and I) entered hence there was no theft, i.e., because my room was not serviced, this could not have occurred/hotel has no fault. I was also assured the maid service detail would never wear the clothes of someone else. That may well be, but someone out there is enjoying a most beautiful shirt. I hope they do as much as I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transform your upcoming vacation or business trip into an inspiring journey when you stay at the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel. Our resort-style hotel offers spacious guest rooms featuring contemporary furnishings, plush bedding, modern technologies and complimentary Wi-Fi. Let the stress melt away at R Spa, our full-service day spa, or enjoy a rewarding workout session with available personal training and nutrition counseling at ClubSport, our state-of-the-art fitness center. Our Renaissance is home to Citrus Fresh Grill, offering flavorful New American dishes including a menu of healthy options under 485 calories. With 5,500 square feet of event space, our Aliso Viejo hotel is ideal for memorable weddings and corporate meetings. Guests at our hotel will enjoy easy access to Disneyland(R), Laguna Beach and a wide variety of upscale shopping and dining. Enjoy unexpected luxury and thoughtful amenities at every turn when you stay at the Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Clubsport Aliso Viejo Hotel Aliso Viejo
- Renaissance Aliso Viejo
- Aliso Viejo Renaissance
- Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel California