“yum yum yum - great seafood”
Review of Buffet at Viejas

Buffet at Viejas
Ranked #8 of 50 Restaurants in Alpine
Price range: US$28 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Take the “We Love Winners” bus to Viejas Casino with convenient pick-up and drop-off locations throughout San Diego. For the latest schedule, go to Viejas.com or call 619-445-5400.
Description: San Diego's Premier Casino Buffet Imagine a place where the dishes you know and love come together with new and exciting flavors-a place where your only limitation is your imagination. From our carving station with slow-cooked roasts to tacos with all the trimmings, fresh seafood like succulent snow crab and the finest desserts and pastries anywhere! Plus! unlimited beer, wine and champagne on weekdays with a Bloody Mary bar as well on weekends. The Buffet at Viejas offers an amazing variety at a value that can't be beat! And while these images of the NEW Buffet at Viejas may cause extreme hunger, fear not!! With our latest renovation and expansion, we now have one of the biggest casino buffets in San Diego County — so there's a table ready for you anytime!
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This buffet is awesome - the seafood is the best part - it all is very fresh and a great price. Get the players club card for free and you will get 20% off the meal. Also - not sure if this was a fluke - but all the alcohol was free?

Highly recommend this place

3  Thank Bessca

Reviewed 4 September 2013

That is what everyone is after the unending king crab. However, I am a vegetarian and surprisingly, I found plenty to eat as well. There is a surprising area for Greek dishes and Italian. The Greek was wonderful. The Italian not so good. It does have the feel of a cafeteria however, and for the price, you would expect more. So make sure you sign up for the V card to get a 20% discount. Eat at off peak hours and walk right in. A note about the casino. Stay in the area near the buffet for the cleanest air. Don't wonder to the game tables, the air was downright toxic.

7  Thank CalforniaFishingBum
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We went to the buffet and was originally very pleased with the buffet's presentation. After we got our selections and began eating is when the bad part of the buffet was revieled. The food was not very good. The shrimp tasted canned as well as some of the vegetables. The chicken was dry and the potatoes needed seasoning. The wait staff was very attentive.

17  Thank melsdad2002
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was my 2nd time visiting Viejas Indian Casino...I don't even remember where we ate the first visit 3 years ago...but I will remember the Harvest Buffet...it must have been remodeled...it was beautiful...And the food presentation and layout were really well done...all the food items are served in small trays or open platters...the kitchen staff replace and put out any food item that is low ....so much better than giant metal trays filled to the brine with food that you have to shovel around to pick something out...but in the end what is worth the money is the taste...I sample as much as I was able, but I missed some items...had Chinese noodles, Hot and Sour soup, was really good...Italian food section was so nicely laid out...had manicotti and salad, meatballs, pasta, everything was good...the Mexican section was really great, they had chille rellenos , Spanish rice , pork in vere sauce...the American area had prime beef, ribs, wonderful looking cooked vegetables, with dressings on the side, fresh cut turkey, marshmello yams, wonderful stuffing, baked potato with every thing that you could put on it...the dessert section was just too much...had four pastry items that were so tasty, and that was from a choice of 20 or more dessert items...looking forward to coming back...before I forget, the servers are really nice, looking to take care of what ever you want to drink.

7  Thank MarineT
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I think I owe it to Viejas to write another review of the buffet after the scathing one I wrote last time. I figured I'd give it one more go as I was taking my grandson to the outlet center to get him some back to school clothes.
Last time I was there they must have been in the middle of the remodel because it is spectacular now! The food was SO much better, really imaginative salads, good veggies and desserts.
My friend and I were stunned to find out that alcohol is free with the meal!
The only reason they don't get 5 stars in my book is that I couldn't find any decent fish dishes. It will be OK if you are a meat eater, but it was disappointing on that count. I went during the week with my grandson and again on Sunday after a hike up Stonewall. Maybe it was there, but couldn't find anything that was not deep fat fried it either time.. Otherwise people, give it a go, it is great!

1  Thank hikerache

Been to Buffet at Viejas? Share your experiences!