“Good food and friendly place”
Review of Bear Creek Cafe - CLOSED

Bear Creek Cafe
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Ate breakfast one morning. Service was quick and the food was very good. The pancakes are huge so be sure to order only 1 unless you're starving.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were at the Bear Creek Cafe on Sunday September 2nd. The town was packed with folks on their way home from Burning Man, in fact they had a sign in front of the restaurant saying "burners welcome". We were greeted at the door by the girl we named "Dorothy" because of her head band, braids and blue apron. We took the last available table and were told there would be a 45 minute wait. So we stayed...not too bad we figured. They were out of Pancakes, and homefries so we ordered something else, eggs, bacon, french toast and hashbrowns. I believe all the waitresses were new or so the rumor around the restaurant was as no ones food was coming out and customers began talking amongest themselves. The first order that came out about 20 minutes into our wait, was wrong and was a combination of two different tables...some people got to eat as others sat and waited for the rest of their order. I was told this by the lady at the table next to us. She did say her food was good. A couple came in and was told there would be an hour wait, they left. Some customers started complaining and "Dorothy", bless her heart , was trying to get everything straightened out for them. Anytime Dorothy would go to the window to talk to the cooks they would yell at her, we could all see this from the restaurant, this happened many times while we waited. The cooks who obviously weren't cooking, because you could not even smell food, argued between each other and were terribly rude to their fellow employees. By this time then next couple came in and wanted a table and they were told it would be an hour and a half before they could eat, they also left. After this couple came in we decided to leave, it had been an hour already, there were still 9 tickets in the window and we were the last ones seated. The waitress told us our order was up next but I don't see how since noone else was eating. We paid our $3.00 for our coffee and left. We ended up eating at Subway and their egg and sausage muffin was pretty good.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

it was okay, nothing special, nothing unspecial. Not a place I would say "Family, lets meet at Bear Creek". it was just average in my opinion.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Alturas, CA. is just South of the Oregon State line on Route 395. Just about my favorite town on my favorite road. Around 11AM I discovered the Bear Creek Cafe and stopped for breakfast .
The home fries were scrumptious and not out of any frozed food package. I stopped bythere on the return trip and took these pictures. Great place in Alturas. I would stop there for eats anytime.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Ok, I was just reading the resturant reviews anbd thought I would give an update Re the Bear Creek Cafe, it is closed, it became the Black Bear diner which also closed.... then became the Main Street Diner, which burned down about the begining of Feb, no idea when going ti re-open if ever, too bad it was a decent place good food good value.

1  Thank camperbear