Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara
Aloft.com
US$392
US$274
Hotels.com
Courtyard San Jose North/Silicon Valley(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$267
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$260
Hyatt.com
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$185
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$148
Hilton.com
US$166
US$121
QualityInn
US$195
Country Inn
All reviewsinternet speedlevi stadiumnecessary utensilswhole weekvery nice place to stayhome away from homestar hotelstayed here for nightsperfect locationstovewalmarttoasterreceptionistgyan
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We have been staying here at the extended stay for over a month now and I can't say enough good things about it. The staff is very friendly, hospitable and accommodating. The rooms are very clean and well kept. There is a good size kitchen with a stove, refrigerator and microwave in each room with pots, pans and utensils so that you do not have to go out and eat every night. It is very close to the 101, making it easy to get around the silicon valley area. There is a Target and several restaurants less than 2 miles away as well as a grocery store. You can also walk down the street to the guadalupe river trail where you can hike and bike the 6 mile trail that is fairly new and very well kept. All in all I recommend staying at this hotel if you are ever in the Alviso/San Jose area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

I would like to take a moment and thank you so much for your wonderful review of Extended Stay America San Jose Santa Clara. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to utilize our fully equipped kitchen and area amenities during your stay. We are very centrally located to many attractions, restaurants and shopping and very soon we will also be able to offer walking distance to the brand new 49ers stadium which is just right up the road from us! I am also so glad to hear that all our staff was accommodating and helpful during your stay, we are very particular is making sure we offer above and beyond service coupled with exceptional value stay after stay. I’m so glad that your stay was wonderful and I do hope that you will stay with us again should you be visiting our area in the future. With Hospitality The Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Santa Clara.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed at the Gold Street Extended Stay for five days. When we first checked into the room, we noticed a strange artificial smell, very strong. Like a fragrance that a taxi driver would hang in their car. We went to the front desk to complain, and they explained that it was something the cleaning staff sprayed in the room and it would go away. That was wrong. I was able to pinpoint the source of the horrible smell- a fragrance sheet of some sort stuck in the air conditioner filter. I'm not talking a fabric softener sheet - I'm talking an industrial strength gel of some sort stuck on a large piece of cardboard wedged in the air conditioner! I removed it and threw it away, but even then it was impossible to use the air conditioner without the whole room absolutely stinking, and the nights were too warm to sleep comfortably without it. The hotel is obsessed with this fragrance. I noticed half a sheet of this fragrance stuff stuck inside the Halloween pumpkin in the front lobby! If you dislike the smell of artificial fragrance, avoid at all costs. The staff was very nice, and the room was decently clean. But the smell...was horrible.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank eringatang
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you for your review of our Extended Stay America located in Santa Clara, California. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one based on your comments about the scent in the guest rooms. We do strive daily to provide clean, comfortable, fresh accommodations for our guests enjoyment, I do realize that some fragrances can seem over-powering to certain guests and we make every effort to minimize the scent exposure so that we can maintain a great smell yet keep this from being to over-powering and ruining the experience. I again, and so sorry that the fragrance smell was a bit to much. We will definitely look at alternative ways to keep this from happening again in the future and we thank you for letting us know it was to strong. I was happy to hear the staff was friendly and accommodating to your needs during your stay. I hope that you will give us another chance to win your loyalty should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any other of our over 600 plus locations nationwide. Again, my sincerest apologies for the scent issue during your stay. With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America Santa Clara California.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Paid about $80 a night to stay for a full week. Place is decent. Suite had 2 each of plates, forks, spoons, bowls. Really crappy spatula, dont expect to do much cooking even though it has a "kitchen", light frying, boiling a can of soup etc.

This hotel was right near a loud road and a train line, but it didn't disturb my sleep so maybe the train doesn't come at night? It never woke me up so I never noticed.

Taxi ride was about $33 from San Jose Airport.
20 Minutes walk to Santa Clara Convention Center.
1 Hour walk to nearest grocery store (if you intend to buy groceries), rent a car/cab is my advice.
Closest restaurants are Barwachi, Joes Chinese food and Taco Bell about 15 Minutes walk away.
(http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bawarchi-santa-clara )

Comes with free (but slow) wifi at 80KBytes per second. You can pay for faster.

Free "Breakfast" is single wrapped muffins, granola bars, coffee/tea and instant oatmeal packets.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike G
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Mike,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay at Extended Stay America Santa Clara. It is our goal to provide clean, quiet, comfortable accommodations at a great value coupled with outstanding service. I am glad that you found us to be a value for your stay; however I am sorry that you had some internet struggles as well as some challenges with our location. We know that the city is growing quite fast and that with the addition of the new Forty Niners stadium just across the highway that food and grocery places will be soon to follow as the area is expanding quickly. We know that this will allow guests to have a few more comforts close by while still enjoying our quiet location. We are also always expanding and upgrading our internet so that guests have the world at their finger tips as we have become accustomed. Thank you again for your nice survey and we hope that you will visit us again if you are in our area. With Hospitality The Management at Extended Stay America Santa Clara.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights in Sep 2012 with my family when we were in Sanjose area recently. The staff are simply great, especially Shelly. She is an amazing individual who made us feel at home everytime we walked into the lobby. I travel 15-20 days a month and from my experience would rate this hotel as one of the best value hotels

The hotel is a basic hotel but is a great value for money. it is located close to I-237 which is fantastic. The Great Mall is not far and there are several nice restaurants within a 10 mile radius. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Thanks_Quality
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

I would like to take a moment and thank you so much for your recent review of our Extended Stay America located on Gold Street in Santa Clara, CA. It is with many thanks that I write this response to you. My staff takes great pride as you said in taking care of each guest in a personable way. You are very corrrect in that Shelly is an excellent part of our staff and I will be passing your comments on to her. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would be pleased to have you return to our property or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. Please fell free to contact me or any of our staff for help in any bookings you may need. We are here for you!
Thank you again, Brandy Sickles Area Operations Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2012

This place is wonderful. I always feel home away from home. They are very friendly, helpful, and the room are very clean. Everybody is wonderful they treat you like member of the family, I call it my second home. I highly recommend it for anybody who wants value and quality.

Room Tip: There is no pool or restaurant
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

I want to personally thank you for your great review of Extended Stay America San Jose - Santa Clara. When I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We strive each day to make a home away from home experience for each and every one of our guests. Im so glad to hear that my staff was helpful and friendly, that what were all about!

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Dont hesitate to call the hotel directly and we would be more than happy to help you for any of our over 680+ locations nationwide. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.