“A Charming Dinig Experience”

Imperial Hotel & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dating from 1879, the historic Imperial Hotel in Amador City offers casual elegance in indoor and patio dining to visitors and local residents alike. This family-owned and operated establishment takes pride in featuring organic, locally grown produce, fresh meats and sustainably harvested fish and seafood. The menu varies with the seasons and honors the simple goodness of the ingredients in the tradition of the finest California cuisine. » Sample Dinner Menu Dinner at Imperial Hotel Amador City The Oasis Bar at the Imperial Hotel is an experience in itself with its antique barstools, old gaslights and creaky floorboards. The bar is stocked with a large selection of spirits and California and imported wines and beers. The wine list features a careful selection of award-winning local wines. Happy Hour on Wednesdays from 5 - 6:30 pm, a mix of locals and tourists enjoying hors d'oeuvres and camaraderie ... in the Oasis Bar. Dinner - Tues-Sun, starting at 5 pm Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 9:30 - 2:30
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ate here three consecutive nights in October. We had our dog with us so we ate on the patio. They were kind enough to give us the same table each night. I had the lamb special the first night and it was delicious. The service was excellent. The wine was not overpriced. I don't remember what I had the second night,but it was very good. The thrid night my wife and I each had a salad and we shared two appetizers for our main course, The next time we are in the area, we will stay at the hotel as the have one suite for dogs.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

It is a bit out of the way (and very dark streets with a lot of construction when we visited), but a nice regional option for dinner. Service was good and the variety of entrees ordered prepared well. I found the pork and mustard sauce very flavorful. Portions looked to be on the small side, but turned out to be just right. Very good apple pie for dessert. Small crowd for a Friday night...hope it has local support to keep the place going. Did dinner only--did not stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I would give the ambience and the service five stars but the food deserves only one star. The food presentation was well done but the first bite was a big let down. Flavorless, not complex in any way. We tried the duck, the halibut, the soup, and the crepes. All of these were disappointing. My guess is they need a new chef because the restaurant has real potential.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The dinner my wife and I had was outstanding in every way. The service was excellent. We both had their vichyssoise soup to start with. I had cannelloni, and she had the Mediterranean platter. Dessert was a pound cake with blueberries and raspberries as garnish, topped with whipping cream. Everything we ate was absolutely delicious. All of this while seated near the window overlooking their beautiful small garden. All in all, an unforgettable experience. If you're anywhere nearby, make a point of eating at this restaurant!

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This review is for the food only: My sister and I stayed at this hotel and had a very bad experience with the restaurant. Food very plain, overpriced and the service horrendous. I ordered the chicken, which came out with plain white rice, unseasoned vegetables and a sauce with canned mushrooms. Not sure if the chicken was microwaved or not, but boy was it dry. I had to pay extra for two beet salads, which consisted of soggy lettuce and 3 beets. My sister had salmon with the same rice and unseasoned vegetables. We asked if the Salmon was fresh and the waitress told us it was, however, it was not fresh. We ordered the cheese plate, which was $14 and was all crackers, with 7 thin slices of cheese and a smidgen of brie. The service was horrendous from the waitress. When she served us the entrees, she took the cheese plate and did not even ask us if we were finished. Our meal ended up costing $100 for two. My sister was so upset she later talked to the bartender about how bad the food was. The cook came out and she asked him if the fish was fresh and he had the nerve to state "it was fresh when it came from Alaska, but no it was not fresh". The owner was sitting at the bar the whole time listening to my sister complain about the food and she said nor did nothing, she walked away like she did not wan't to hear it. I am disappointed in the lack of professionalism of this establishment. Also, both my sister and I had stomach aches the entire night from the food. The only redeeming quality of this place is the history of this unique hotel.