“Delicious!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Imperial Hotel & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rocklin, California
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

LOVED the breakfast of Ham Strada, fruit cup and blueberry muffin. Great coffee too! Dinner the night before was a couple of 'starters'. The butternut squash soup was delicious, but sort of on the verge of being lukewarm. That was the only thing we had any complaint with. The bread basket they brought out had a lovely wheat bread. The brie with garlic butter hit the spot. Double Chocolate cake with homemade vanilla ice cream was not too sweet, but very satisfying and enjoyed with an orange muscat.

Visited April 2014

San Francisco
“Service, Food, Ambiance...Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were staying at the Imperial Hotel and decided to make dinner easy and just eat in the hotel's dining room. We stopped by the bar on our way to the restaurant where we met Peter, the manager of the hotel, the bartender, waiter, bus boy...he had so many jobs that if he retired unemployment in this county would drop 5% due to all the job openings. He mixed a great cocktail for my wife and poured me a wonderful glass of wine. "You can taste anything before to buy." A great step to guarantee a satisfied diner.
Despite the limited number of diners that evening, the menu offered many choices plus the evening specials. My wife had the pork tenderloin and I had the rack of lamb. The portions were substantial and included potatoes and vegetable. Both meals were cooked perfectly, a tasty way to end the day. We were so full we had to pass on dessert, still the chef sent us each a piece of chocolate mint. A nice surprise! We could not have asked for a better end to our day.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Murphys, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Eat here on a Saturday afternoon, only one other couple in the place. Service very slow, ordered a couple glasses of wine and the waitress spilled some of my husbands, she said no problem because she had over poured them anyway, I wonder what you get if they do not do this. Had a panini it had about 3 pieces of steak? meat on it. Mostly a thick bread. Husband had the hamburger nothing special, both meals has sweet potato fries, I am sure they counted them out nine fries to each plate really? we asked if the was the normal serving and the gal said yes. I say weak. Waitress never checked for more water we had to find her and ask also to pay the bill. We will not return to eat here, seems like it could be good, if things were changed right now a D grade.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 70Lin
San Jose, California
“A Charming Dinig Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ate here three consecutive nights in October. We had our dog with us so we ate on the patio. They were kind enough to give us the same table each night. I had the lamb special the first night and it was delicious. The service was excellent. The wine was not overpriced. I don't remember what I had the second night,but it was very good. The thrid night my wife and I each had a salad and we shared two appetizers for our main course, The next time we are in the area, we will stay at the hotel as the have one suite for dogs.

• Visited October 2013
Olathe, Kansas
“Nice dinner spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

It is a bit out of the way (and very dark streets with a lot of construction when we visited), but a nice regional option for dinner. Service was good and the variety of entrees ordered prepared well. I found the pork and mustard sauce very flavorful. Portions looked to be on the small side, but turned out to be just right. Very good apple pie for dessert. Small crowd for a Friday night...hope it has local support to keep the place going. Did dinner only--did not stay at the hotel.