Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskjamba juicefree breakfastnapa valleynewer propertythe breakfast areahi expresshot itemsclean hotelqueen roommin drivefridge and microwavewine countrycomfortable bedsbooked this hotelnice roomwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here during our visit to Napa Valley. We had a hire car so driving up to Napa and the rest of the valley wasn't an issue but the road up is busy and takes 45 min - 1hr from American Canyon.

The hotel is basic and clean and for the money we paid we couldn't really complain. The downsides of the hotel is that there is no bar or restaurant on site. Breakfast is not bad for free but on the weekend got very busy and no tables were available for us.

Staff do a good job and helped where they could.

If visiting Napa again I would stay further up in Napa or somewhere else in the valley and spend a little extra.

Pool area was fine and there is a very small gym on site. A bar on site would have made a difference. There is however a subway/chicken wing place and a couple of other fast food outlets next door and wal mart is a short walk.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Ben B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I am sorry we were not able to be at par with your expectation.

Janice A

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Without traffic, it's 20-30 minutes from Napa... which completely defeats the purpose of "staying" in Napa, which is to drink and not drive

And on a long weekend, it's 40+ as people are rushing in/out; the traffic lights at the intersections are no help either... I once waited over 5 minutes (or it seems) for the signal.

quality-wise its above your average "off the highway" hotel, they are clean and quality of room is quite good.

breakfast is decent, minimal selection but good quality.

the bed was pretty good too but...

I had one of my worst sleep ever!!! my room was right next to the 2 main elevators, and to make it worst, the bed is right behind the wall of them!!! The high pitch rotor noise when they are in use are quite haunting and still does when I think of it. (I would give it a 1 of 5 if this is not an isolated room incident). I didn't request a room change because it was 2am when my wife got back and she was sounded asleep.

room amenities are inadequate as well, soap bar instead of bath gel (very environmentally unfriendly), no in-room slippers, no bottled water (yes I know tap water is fine, but how about a bottle for the road), no steamer (there's in-room iron, but steamer should be available upon request)

Very slow TV... it takes half a minute to boot up and about 5 seconds to change one channel (which they obviously know as they've provided a channel guide)

windows are relatively small, but I assume this was designed as such to reduce road noise as it is right next to it. And yes, you can still hear it even it is seperated by the parking lot.

pricing was high probably due to the fact its a long weekend... but still... it's too high considering its poor location

Room Tip: make sure your room is not next to an elevator, you might not notice it at first, but as it gets quiet at night it could ruin your sleep. there's no view from any room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear echoi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered, room rates and room accommodations. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in American Canyon offered just what we needed for a weekend wedding trip in Napa, CA. The location was about a 20 minute drive to Yountville, CA and convenient to start any wine tasting adventure with a designated driver. The room was spacious and clean with comfortable queen size beds. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast with just the right basic items to get the day started. Additionally, there is a Starbucks just across the street! Overall, a great value for a little bit of a drive vs. the local hotels at 2X the price. If you want to indulge in wine tasting and have a designated driver, this is a great option at a good value for the area. Cheers!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
jamesrp103, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

priced right and great service, we are glad you stayed, please come see us again.

James

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a group after a recent running race in the Napa Valley. It was adequate and the room was clean and comfortable. There is a little fitness room and a pool and hot tub. The area where it is located is not scenic and there is not much to do in American Canyon. Napa is not that close, especially when you are tired after a long day.

For what you get, it is pretty expensive. If you are looking for a wine country getaway, I would keep looking.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear mer4cal,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

However, I sincerely apologize that you did not find our location to your liking and deeply regret the dissatisfaction this has caused you.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Really liked this hotel -- it was close enough to where my conference was being held -- yet way less in price. The hotel and rooms were very clean, had comfortable beds, and a great staff.
It was also easy to find - almost a straight drive to where I needed to be every day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business