“Great stay, awesome staff!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a very warm welcome at this hotel. The lobby has a calm feeling with buddha heads and you can see right away they're Gold leed certified and very proud of it!

Then you go through this cute pond with swans in it to get to your room. Each room had a nature related name, we learned it had to do with feng shui.

Rooms are very spacious and clean. They can use a bit of refreshing and they are working on replacing the carpets which is great.

We were a group of 15 and had a welcome reception and four course dinner at their restaurant which was totally delicious!!!

I heard there aren't many restaurants within walking distance but there's a casino right next door.

I'd totally stay again next time I'm in the area and check out their spa!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Silvi 811, Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The good. Staff was excellent, very attentive and accommodating. The location was great. Right on the highway but the lagoon and garden setting took away any traffic noise. Room was clean and mostly functioned well. The not so good. They were replacing carpet in multiple rooms. The workers did their best to avoid major disruption. Most disruption was minimal however, the only 30 minutes they hammered in the room next door were the 30 minutes my wife needed to sleep to help her migraine. While they didn't know of her pain, we would have liked advance notice of the work. We visited the hotel before our stay to check for any potential issues we might face. If we had known about the carpet change we likely would have stayed elsewhere because our own needs. To his credit the manager was understanding and tried to make it right. All in all a 8.5 out of 10.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear David l., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I chose to stay at the Doubletree in Napa Valley because it was close to a meeting I had in Davis. I was very impressed with the layout and comfort of the hotel. The grounds of the hotel are incredibly beautiful and well thought out.

I didn't like that the check in area was not connected to the rest of the hotel but that is just my personal preference.

I was so impressed with the hotel and my stay that I actually booked a room again at this location for a few nights later as I made my way back towards San Francisco to fly home.

If I were to travel to the Napa area, this would certainly be my hotel of choice again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hogsraz., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the DoubleTree Napa Valley/American Canyon last week and had a wonderful experience! The rooms are a great value for the price, and the entire property feels like you are in a secluded resort. With such a warm (and timely) welcome at check-in to the quick and easy check-out, everything was perfect.

I loved all of the unique touches to the property that you don't always find in other hotels. For example, each room is given a name - the dolphin room, the sunflower room, etc. So adorable! Another thing I should mention is that this property is Green Certified in all ways possible. The rooms even have built in soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the bathroom. I love that!

Since my travel was for business purposes, after a long day of working, it was very nice to start the evening off with a lovely wine reception before heading into the restaurant for an absolutely delicious four course meal. Yes - I indulged in four courses - salad, pasta, salmon and dessert. :) Not only were the portions large and delectable, but the prices were definitely affordable considering the great value you receive.

Every staff member I met was very sincere, helpful and energetic. In fact, when my room key did not work the first time I tried to use it, I had to return to the front desk and the staff member took immediate care of it - all the while with a smile on his face. I never felt bothered or inconvenienced because my key was taken care of so quickly. I would definitely return to this property regardless of traveling for business or pleasure. The customer service was so warm and genuine that you felt like they all cared you were there to stay with them. It's not like you were just another random guest. I knew the hotel staff cared because the General Manager even came around during dinner to ask how our stay (and meal) had been so far.

Bottom line - I highly recommend this property. Can't wait to return myself!

Room Tip: Bottom floors have small patios with foliage around - great for reading and drinking coffee in the m...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kristin W., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree American Canyon as part of a tour group visiting the area on sales calls. After a long day on a motor coach, we arrived to the most pleasant hotel and charming staff. The team displayed a sincere cheerful spirit. My room was spacious, quiet and sparling clean. After a lovely dinner in the hotel restaurant, I enjoyed a very comfortable sleep. In addition, I was impressed that the hotel had achieved a Gold Leaf Certification meaning they are very involved with energy conservation and low impact/footprint to the environment. This hotel, with its relaxing duck pond and cool stylish vibe will get my business again when I visit the Northern California/ Napa area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jennifer R., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Good value ,~$130/night in the Napa area, clean, quiet, comfortable room, good quality Internet connectivity. However, I travel on business a LOT and it makes my life so much simpler to have my folio / receipt e-mailed to me electronically on the day of checkout. I've added that to my travel profile vendor note that gets sent over when the reservation is made and I make it a point when I check-in to specifically request that my stay be marked as ABSOLUTELY REQUIRING that an e-receipt be e-mailed to my corporate e-mail address upon checkout. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Otherwise, my stay would have been truly excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael V
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Michael V., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am deeply sorry for the problem that you experienced, your comments will be discussed and reviewed with my Management Team. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree and the room was pretty large, bathroom very small. The grounds are very pleasant and there is a definite feeling that this is an eco friendly hotel. There are no close restaurants but if you are willing to drive 30 minutes you can find fantastic places. It's Napa after all.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Steven M., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
11 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines
SpringHill Suites Napa Valley

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Region: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Price Range: £68 - £172 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon