“Brief but pleasant stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Brief but pleasant stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I got to this hotel later than I expected and had to leave early in the morning, so I did not really test drive it much.

The front desk was very pleasant as was the staff working it. Checkin was no issue, but took a little longer that normal as there was only one person works and he was manning the phones also.

The room was pleasant and much larger than normal, which was nice. The bathroom did not have individual shampoo and conditioner bottles, but instead had dispensers on the wall. This is part of the hotels eco-drive and I can see how it saves the environment on waste, but I can also see how it saves the hotel a bunch of money.

I ate at the restaurant and redeemed a certificate for a glass of wine that was given to me on checkin for being a HH member. The food was excellent, but again, the place was understaffed, so the poor girl behind the bar was being run ragged and the service was slow.

I would love to stay here again when I had more time to explore. The pool looked nice but I did not see the fitness room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear NOMOLOS., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Boynton Beach, FL, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel was going through a carpeting renovation at the time we were booked and we had the inconvenience of not being able to use our room for 5-6 hours on our first day at the hotel. Why we were not checked into a room that had already had its carpeting done was never made clear to us.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Leonard T., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am deeply sorry for the problems that you experienced, your comments will be discussed and reviewed with my Management Team. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel as part of a group and out the hotels that we stayed at, this one was by far my favorite. We were greeted by the Sandy and each of us presented a gift bag with delectable dark chocolate and wine stoppers. In addition we had a wine reception followed by a four course meal. My friend that joined me said it was the best date ever! Every room has a name and if you are lucky you can get a room pond side that has a balcony and the water fowl will greet you. I wish I was able to stay longer so I could utilize the balcony, the spa and have another delicious meal! Breakfast was also good. Did I mention that the stand-out was the service. Thank you Marina and Angelica for being so friendly and attentive and thank you Doubletree for taking the business out of a trip!

Room Tip: Pond side!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nicole R ., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Napa, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Double Tree is located approximately 8 miles from the town of Napa. It has a nice pond with a couple of swans. The rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was very good with excellent service. The price of the room was a good value compare to the hotels in Napa.

1 Thank Debbie B
Dear Debbie B., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Orange, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a very warm welcome at this hotel. The lobby has a calm feeling with buddha heads and you can see right away they're Gold leed certified and very proud of it!

Then you go through this cute pond with swans in it to get to your room. Each room had a nature related name, we learned it had to do with feng shui.

Rooms are very spacious and clean. They can use a bit of refreshing and they are working on replacing the carpets which is great.

We were a group of 15 and had a welcome reception and four course dinner at their restaurant which was totally delicious!!!

I heard there aren't many restaurants within walking distance but there's a casino right next door.

I'd totally stay again next time I'm in the area and check out their spa!!!!

Green Features: love it! makes me feel bette about staying there. loved how great the bath products smell too
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Silvi 811, Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Alameda, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The good. Staff was excellent, very attentive and accommodating. The location was great. Right on the highway but the lagoon and garden setting took away any traffic noise. Room was clean and mostly functioned well. The not so good. They were replacing carpet in multiple rooms. The workers did their best to avoid major disruption. Most disruption was minimal however, the only 30 minutes they hammered in the room next door were the 30 minutes my wife needed to sleep to help her migraine. While they didn't know of her pain, we would have liked advance notice of the work. We visited the hotel before our stay to check for any potential issues we might face. If we had known about the carpet change we likely would have stayed elsewhere because our own needs. To his credit the manager was understanding and tried to make it right. All in all a 8.5 out of 10.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear David l., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I chose to stay at the Doubletree in Napa Valley because it was close to a meeting I had in Davis. I was very impressed with the layout and comfort of the hotel. The grounds of the hotel are incredibly beautiful and well thought out.

I didn't like that the check in area was not connected to the rest of the hotel but that is just my personal preference.

I was so impressed with the hotel and my stay that I actually booked a room again at this location for a few nights later as I made my way back towards San Francisco to fly home.

If I were to travel to the Napa area, this would certainly be my hotel of choice again.

Green Features: Their environmentally practices are top notch. They make it known that it is very important to them and a high priority. If you are concerned about environmentally friendly hotels, I think you would be pleased with their offering.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hogsraz., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!
Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines
Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Region: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon