“No counter space in the bathroom.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The bathroom did not have a vanity so there was not a place to put the makeup bag and toothbrush. However, the friendly staff made up for that. They were great. Also, the restaurant made us coffee even though they were closed and delivered it to our room. We tipped the waiter generously. The location was great, we attended the Napa Valley Jazz Festival. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Carole B., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am deeply sorry for the counter space issue that you experienced, your comments will be discussed and reviewed with my Management Team. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The DoubleTree hotel is reasonably priced with very well maintained grounds and an excellent restaurant on site. I've stayed at this hotel several times and it is always my preference when in the area. I would highly recommend it for both business and recreational travel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Don F., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Beautiful hotel, nice room, accommodating staff! The only issues I have wit this hotel. In a rush to get to a business meeting I left a pillow I brought from home. I called the hotel to ask them to hold it for me so I would be able to pick it up. I was told "if" it was found that it would be in the lost and found and that I would be called once "found", "if" it was found. Unless the room was left open for anyone to walk in and randomly take a pillow from the bed, a staff member took it home! My bad for leaving it, the hotel's bad for not handling it the right way! Only reason for not giving an "excellent" for service is for the pillow. If they had called about the pillow, I would have rated them differently. Double, triple check for your belongings before you leave or plan on kissing it goodbye! They may have a "lost and found" for items not worth anything. Beware if you have left something of value, or just make sure you don't leave it like did!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Brian S., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am deeply sorry for the problems that you experienced, your comments will be discussed and reviewed with my Management Team. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I got to this hotel later than I expected and had to leave early in the morning, so I did not really test drive it much.

The front desk was very pleasant as was the staff working it. Checkin was no issue, but took a little longer that normal as there was only one person works and he was manning the phones also.

The room was pleasant and much larger than normal, which was nice. The bathroom did not have individual shampoo and conditioner bottles, but instead had dispensers on the wall. This is part of the hotels eco-drive and I can see how it saves the environment on waste, but I can also see how it saves the hotel a bunch of money.

I ate at the restaurant and redeemed a certificate for a glass of wine that was given to me on checkin for being a HH member. The food was excellent, but again, the place was understaffed, so the poor girl behind the bar was being run ragged and the service was slow.

I would love to stay here again when I had more time to explore. The pool looked nice but I did not see the fitness room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear NOMOLOS., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel was going through a carpeting renovation at the time we were booked and we had the inconvenience of not being able to use our room for 5-6 hours on our first day at the hotel. Why we were not checked into a room that had already had its carpeting done was never made clear to us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Leonard T., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am deeply sorry for the problems that you experienced, your comments will be discussed and reviewed with my Management Team. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel as part of a group and out the hotels that we stayed at, this one was by far my favorite. We were greeted by the Sandy and each of us presented a gift bag with delectable dark chocolate and wine stoppers. In addition we had a wine reception followed by a four course meal. My friend that joined me said it was the best date ever! Every room has a name and if you are lucky you can get a room pond side that has a balcony and the water fowl will greet you. I wish I was able to stay longer so I could utilize the balcony, the spa and have another delicious meal! Breakfast was also good. Did I mention that the stand-out was the service. Thank you Marina and Angelica for being so friendly and attentive and thank you Doubletree for taking the business out of a trip!

Room Tip: Pond side!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nicole R ., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Double Tree is located approximately 8 miles from the town of Napa. It has a nice pond with a couple of swans. The rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was very good with excellent service. The price of the room was a good value compare to the hotels in Napa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie B

Dear Debbie B., Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon, so you can experience the amazing enhancements we have planned for SUMMER/FALL 2014; new carpeting in our 132 guest rooms/suites. Upgraded in-room coffee/tea in our lagoon view/patio rooms. An overall new look and experience to our beautiful lagoon area. Upon completion, our lagoon area will have seating for outdoor food and beverage service, fire pits, plush upscale outdoor furniture, and can be transformed into water’s edge setting to accommodate outdoor Wedding Ceremonies. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Napa Winery Inn
Napa Winery Inn
#14 of 30 in Napa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Region: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Price Range: £75 - £153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon