“Easy place to start your wine vacation”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for three days for a wine soaked weekend. The hotel is situated at the mouth of Napa Valley and is a great starting place for exploring Napa and Sonoma. As always, their beds are top notch. I could have slept for hours!!! The warm cookies are a welcome treat upon arrival. They really should think about providing them every morning...Kidding. This is a great choice and I would repeat again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Erik B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return soon. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Overall accomadations and customer service was really appreciated. I did not sleep well due to the pillows collapsing whereby not giving adequate head and neck support during sleep. Placed 3 pillow under head but this did not help. Need medium soft or optional pillows to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor® review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. I do hope you will return soon and give us another opportunity to make everything right. If I can provide you with any additional information, please contact me directly: (707) 674-2100. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

after a full day of sightseeing and wine tasting we got back to our room and it was not cleaned or clean towel in the room until 5:00 pm, this is not acceptable even with calls to the desk around 3:30 nothing done until 5 pm

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very comfortable beds, quiet, convenient to wine country. Large rooms. Downside: you can barely fit in the bathroom.
Swimming pool is also small. Overall, great value near wine country for money conscious traveller.

Room Tip: Facing the inside lagoon and pool is nice. There are a few geese swimming in a lagoon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my first time here, and I stayed one night on business. I selected this hotel because of location and rate. The hotel is "green". In the lobby there are gauges showing electricity use, carbon footprint, etc. Problem is, there is nothing to compare to, so you have no idea if the numbers on the guages are good or bad as compared to similar buildings. They do not use the small shampoos and lotions, but instead have dispensers. This makes good econmic sense for the hotel and it does reduce waste. The interior setting is nice and soothing with a water feature. The pool is very small. The exercise room has three pieces of equipment, one of the smallest exercise rooms I have seen in a while. The morning I used the treadmill there were no towels in the room. That was annoying. The hotel rooms are fine, but the bathrooms are very small.
I ordered room service for dinner. There was a decent menu and prices were fair. The exception was the charge for a house brand glass of wine. The brand was cheap but the price per glass was $11!!! Really outrageous given the brand of wine. There is a Safeway just down the block. You can buy a nice bottle of wine for the price of a glass of cheap wine at the hotel.
I placed my room tray outside my door arpund 7PM. The tray was there the next morning.
Breakfast was fine. Good selection and you could order omlettes. Service was good.
This is an okay hotel, nothing special. Prices are the lowest around. Internet worked good. I will stay here again if I am in the area.
The rooms overlooking the water feature - pond are a better view than those overlooking the parking lot. Also, my room was across from the ice machine and I never heard it. Good noise control.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I'm sorry, we just weren't enthused by the visit as others seemed to have been.

First the positives: The mini pool was OK and the pond was interesting. The employees were courteous and friendly.

The negatives: The room was average or below with dated furniture and dated colors. Only one waste can, in the bathroom. The bathroom was horrible. It was 6X6 and the door blocked the toilet. The toilet didn't flush easily. We found that puzzling as the entry way was 7' wide (far oversize) and there was plenty of room in the main room itself. Two feet of space out of the entry and two feet out of the bedroom would have given the bathroom enough space to literally turn around in. A very poor design. And, we were on the Hhonors floor! The bed was average and the pillows were average; neither comfortable nor useful. We read on their site it was 9 miles from Napa. Well, that's technically true as the lower limits of Napa come down to the bridge on Highway 12, but, it's still several more miles to Napa proper. Between 3:00pm and 6:00pm, the traffic from Napa Valley to American Canyon is a nightmare; 45 minutes to go 15 miles. We were told it was the labor from the wineries going home so the Sonoma Highway 12 feed and the Napa feed creates a monumental traffic backup flowing southbound. Avoid at all costs to sanity or stay somewhere other than American Canyon. The hotel is difficult to reach as you have to U-turn if coming from Napa. The area where the hotel is located is not good; it simply looks unsafe.

Basically, this was a waste of money and we will stay elsewhere when we return.

Do note the management simply writes the same response over and over to comments on TripAdvisor. To me, that simply says a lack of concern for the individual traveler. It's nothing more than a canned response advertising "changes" coming later in the year.

We just weren't impressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MAC3844

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a great hotel to stay for a getaway weekend! The staffs are very nice and helpful. My daughter left her security blankets in the hotel and they helped to keep them. After I called them, they helped to ship back to us right away. Wonderful job!! Thank you for all the help!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near American Canyon
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa
Napa Winery Inn
Napa Winery Inn
#15 of 30 in Napa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Address: 3600 Broadway St, American Canyon, CA 94503-1259 (Formerly Gaia Napa Valley Hotel)
Region: United States > California > Napa Valley > American Canyon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in American Canyon
Price Range: £76 - £154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon 3.5*
The DoubleTree Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon hotel in northern California is the World's First LEED-Certified Hotel, located near hundreds of wineries in the Sonoma Valley - on Highway 29 at the gateway to Napa Valley (9 minutes from Napa). Relax at our on-site spa - Spa Gaia - or enjoy organic, locally-gathered meals at the Table 29 Bistro & Bar (also on-site). Our eco-friendly hotel includes a sparkling lagoon (suites with water views available), fitness room, outdoor pool, lounge/bar area, room service, multi-lingual staff and free parking (evening security provided). Host your wedding on our outdoor event deck with views of our sparkling Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon