“Surprising Breakfast Find”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Disneyland
Description: Begin your day of magic with a relaxing breakfast of steak and eggs, eggs benedict, huevos rancheros or one of the healthful menu choices. Kids can dig into Mickey-shaped pancakes or a just-right sized serving of scrambled eggs.At dinner, start your meal with the famous Seven Onion Soup or one of the fresh salad selections. Tender cuts of certified Angus beef seasoned with the restaurant's signature rub are definitely the focus of the menu, but you can also order one of the fresh seafood choices or delectable lamb, pork or chicken. Guests 21 and older can select a bottle of wine from the extensive wine list or have our sommeliers expertly pair wines with their meal. Don't forget to complete your meal with one of our signature desserts. Prix-fixe and children's menus are available. The private Oak Room may be reserved for parties of up to 24 Guests.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Being a regular at Downtown Disney I was surprised this breakfast gem location had escaped our attention. The prices are comparable to other locations in the Downtown Disney area and the food quality was much better. Open from 7:00 am to 11:00 am for breakfast then the restaurant is closed until dinner. The omelet was delicious and the breakfast potatoes were seasoned and cooked to perfection. The coffee seemed like a stronger blend than what they serve at dinner. Although I did not try it, the breakfast burrito looked incredible and I think that will be my choice during my next visit.

1  Thank Robert B

Reviewed 17 May 2014

It is located in the Disneyland Hotel. Good service and food. Not exactly top steakhouse quality but darn close.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a lovely Mothers Day Breakfast here and had a wonderful time. The decor was neat....all huge pictures of movie stars from the 40's and 50's. The Eggs Benedict were excellent and the service was top notch... I would love to have dinner here some day.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

After we checked into the Disneyland Hotel, we made the rounds to familiarize ourselves with the property. Came upon Steakhouse 55, and noticed that there was a breakfast menu on display. Saw "Eggs Benedict" on it, and decided to come the next morning for breakfast.

On Friday (5/2) we first had to get around the mass of people waiting to get into Goofy's Kitchen. It was just the two of us, and when we were shown to our table in the corner (#224) at Steakhouse 55, we were pleasantly surprised that such a quiet and elegant hide away existed on the Hotel grounds. We had our "Eggs Benedict" ($14.00), and they were delicious. The muffin was extraordinarily good and so fresh. Their coffee was hot and fresh and the best quality. We had a leisurely and most lovely meal. The staff, from the hostess to the servers was genuinely caring. Since, we like late breakfasts (when possible), we were there around 10 am, and since the restaurant was near to empty as we were leaving, we went around the room, and looked at all the vintage photos of the old movie stars and celebrities. One of the waitresses noticed our interest, and came over with a guide of the photos and the identification of the people portrayed. That was so nice.

If that had been our only experience with this restaurant, they would have gotten a "five" eyes closed. However, we did come back Sunday morning, again around 10 am, and this time with one of our daughters and her fiancé. The hostess (5/4) did not greet us, but was busily occupied with some trivial little thing, that could wait until later. We stood around the hostess table, and I cleared my throat a few times, but, although she was aware that we were there, she totally ignored us. Since the fiancé had a plane to catch, I finally said "Excuse me!!!" I asked for a corner table (our favorite) and she said it was taken. (You cannot see the dining area from the hostess station.) When we were there on Friday, I noticed quite a few corner tables, and did not understand if ALL the corner tables were taken or what. Anyway, another person led us into the dining room, and was ready to seat us at the very first table in the entrance. (Where every person going into and out of the restaurant would pass us.) I looked around, and there were plenty of corner tables available, including our favorite #224. I told her that we would like to sit there. She did not seem happy, but led us over to that table. I asked her how come we were told that the corner table was taken, when there were at least 4 available, and she replied that they thought that I wanted a different corner table. HELP !!!! This became almost a ridiculous situation, and we could not understand this exchange when two days prior we had the best table and the best service. On Sunday, the table service was also not really attentive, although the food and coffee were excellent again.

Our Friday breakfast was the best, and our Sunday breakfast was very disappointing.

5  Thank NYU62
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A little hidden gem of a secret is that while Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel resort area is well known for their dinners, they also are open for breakfast Monday-Thursday mornings from 7am-11am.
In elegant surroundings which are a throwback to early days in Hollywood, you can dine in a rich, luxurious setting set in earth tones and white, crisp linen. There are photos on the wall of famous Hollywood couples.
The breakfasts are top notch and...VERY affordable! Some of the selections include steak and eggs, Bananas Foster French Toast, a combanation platter of french toast and eggs. All selections are served with either/and breakfast potatoes, ham, sausage, bacon and toast. The steak and egg selection included a cluster of grapes and toast. The cost? $17.00. The servings are large!
My next Disneyland trip will include breakfast at Steakhouse 55 !!

1  Thank LindaSeattle