“Steaks”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 896 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Anaheim Resort
Cross street: Between Katella & Orangewood
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Overpriced for what it was. Not my favorite anymore! Does not hold a candle to Cut! Look for coupons...

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I decided to go to Ruth's Chris 'cause we got a gift card for her birthday. I made the reservations on line and typed in "Wedding Anniversary" in the special notes box. We arrived early to sit in the bar and have a drink. A friend told us it was very nice. We arrived at the hostess desk and told them who we were and the hostess wished us a "Happy Anniversary". They actually read what I wrote on the reservation.....how great was that! We walked into the bar and sat down for a drink. It had a very nice wine by the glass list and creative special cocktails. The bartenders were pretty nice but not very talkative. We did try an appetizer....the spicy lobster. Good appetizer, nice spice and heat but hard to taste the lobster. We went into the dining room and got a nice quiet table in the back corner. When the hostess showed us to our table she wished us a Happy Anniversary and put some heart shapes confetti on the table. Nice touch. We each ordered a glass of wine and tried to decide on our entrees. My wife ordered the stuffed chicken breast and I ordered the lamb chops (medium rare).We chose the Potatos au Gratin and the Fresh Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce. The waiter was very nice but the food came out, it was brought out by someone other than the waiter. I understand that the waiter is busy, but I think he should be around, if not delivering the food himself. But that's not a big deal. The food arrived at our table nice and hot and each of us got what we ordered. The plates were very hot and we were warned. I get the fact that they want their food to be hot when it gets to the table, but it can go too far. The lamb chops and the chicken each came on a very small oval plate, so small that both of us had to be careful when we cut our food because a piece may fly off the little plate. This plate was no larger that the dish the sides came on. Also, if you're going to serve your food on such a hot plate you need to assume it is going to cook the food a little by the time it reaches the table. The lamb chops may have been medium rare when they left the kitchen, but they ended up medium to medium well by the time I got to eat them. Disappointing. My wifes chicken was very good though. The spices on the outside and the cheese on the inside was very tasty and very well balanced. The potatoes were nice and cheesy, the asparagus was nothing special and the Hollandaise was a little bland. Again, after dinner, the restaurant wished us a Happy Anniversary by bringing us three little deserts on a plate that had the words "Happy Anniversary" writen in chocolate. Nice touch. When the bill came I was glad I had a $75 gift card but we still had to spend another $120, not including the bar tab for the night. I feel it is way over priced for what you get. I have been to numerous steak houses that were far superior to this one. The best being "The Ranch Restaurant and Saloon" in Anaheim. I can drop $200 there and feel as though I was treated like a king from the service to the food. This was our first time to Ruth's Chris and I would not have gone in the first place without a gift certificate. In my opinion, with all the great steak houses around California, why go to a chain that charges a lot but lacks on the quality? We would have a hard time going back again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This steak house was tested ater a travelnof about 20 hours...but the steak (porterhouse for two) was really good, presented in the correct way on an extreamely hot plate.
Mashed potatoes was not at the the same level, beer (local brewed) was fine.
General opinion: good but not cheap

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a group meeting sponsored by National Geographic. There approximately 30 guests and the servers were professional and efficient. The food was delicous!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went to Ruth's Chris Steak House because we heard it was fantastic, a must-go to for a decent steak! And that was absolutely true, I had the 16oz ribeye, I can't remember what my wife had but she loved it! The only problem was the service.

We walked in without a reservation, they said it wasn't a problem and so they took our name and asked us to wait 5 minutes at the bar. We waited 15 minutes before we were seated at a booth that we saw had nobody in from the minute we walked in. Then we had several different waiters all asking the same different questions at different times, not knowing which one was meant to serve us.

They probably meant it as good service, but we felt pestered and we couldn't just sit and eat our food and enjoy each other's company because there was always a waiter asking "how is your experience so far?".

But the steak - wow! Amazing!