“You're staying here to walk to Disney”

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is a good choice if you want walking distance to Disney. 10 minutes or so to the gates. We were travelling with a 6 year old, so it was nice to go back and forth between Disney and hotel for breaks.
This is a hotel/motel. Outdoor corridors to get to rooms, but elevators to the floors are located in the lobby indoors. Rooms were reasonably nice, not showing much sign of wear and tear. Our room was a king with sleeper sofa overlooking the parking lot. Did not request a Disney Themed room. Coffee maker in the room was nice but no free breakfast. There was a pizza hut on the third floor that also had fruit and breakfast sandwiches in the morning. There was also a little arcade on 3 and a gift shop in the lobby.
McDonald’s, Mimi’s and Millie’s restaurants are all right nearby (as well as other places further up Harbor)
I can see how parking can be an issue. We had no problem getting a spot, but on the last day it looked difficult. They required us to move our car by 3pm on check out day, so moved it to one of the Disney lots

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank germ

Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel will accept a reservation for a handicapped accessible room saying they cannot guarantee that room type will be available upon your arrival but when you arrive, you will find out there are 7 accessible rooms and each of them will only fit 2 people. There is a king bed only in these room. No sleeper pull out sofa or anything like it. I went with my daughter and friend and had made my reservation for an accessible room, near the elevator. I got a regular room as far away from the elevator as possible. When I was going to pick up my rental car and called the desk to inquire about the lack of handicapped parking available they kept telling me not to worry. Then they were telling me about handicapped spots available on the far side of the hotel. They could not seem to understand that my rental wheelchair did not disassemble and that I would have to walk to my car and that because I am handicapped I cannot walk that far and that their having only one handicapped spot near the front door was problematic as the only elevators were near the front doors. They could not understand that I would have to walk the entire wing of one side of the hotel to the elevator and then walk and entire wing of the hotel. As my frustration grew, they finally agreed to allow me to park my car in the front circle. They did offer to move me to a handicapped room the 2nd day of our stay with an adjoining room but they called at 7 am to have us pack our room up and store everything with them for the entire day until 4 pm when the new rooms would be available. Again, not understanding that being handicapped and in chronic pain, I needed to be able to lay down and rest throughout the day. And calling at 7 am waking us after a very difficult first day, that was the last thing I needed, Then they called again at 9 am with the same offer. I told them we were not moving until they had a room available. So we lost most of our morning at the hotel instead of in Disney messing around with moving rooms (again with chronic disabling pain - not fun). I have never felt disabled until I stayed here. I was injured over 4 years ago. Literally, this is the first time I felt handicapped. The staff was difficult and surly to boot, The hotel is close to Disney but there are others that are close and just as nice if not much much nicer for less. This is not a Hotel...it is a MOtel. This looks and feels like a converted old Red Roof Inn. There are no amenities. The pool is much much too small for a hotel of this size. We never even went to it because it was so overcrowded all the time. And, most people who were paying $9 a night to park were parking their cars far offsite and being shuttled back to the hotel. They are really not on the up and up. Also, they allow cars to part over the handicapped ramps so you cannot exit the property easily at all either. I doubt they would pass an ADA audit.

2  Thank SMD1964
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This hotel is horrid on noise level. We had to switch rooms due to people screaming in the pool tell well past pool closing time and even after we moved to the opposite side of the hotel, we had to deal with people slamming their doors constantly and kids running up and down hallways the whole trip. Repeatedly called management to deal with noise level and they did nothing. The location is fantastic, directly across from Disneyland and right next to McDonalds.

1  Thank CJSMichigan
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My family and I stayed there for 3 nights, but because of work, I drove down a day later, and was forced to park off-site. I had called the day before and asked how much parking was, told them there would be 2 cars, and then added my son to the reservation since he would be there the day before me with his wife and my granddaughter. When I checked it, it was almost 8pm and i was to meet the family at Disneyland at 8pm. When I asked where to park, I was told that because I was checking in so late, there were no spaces available and that I had to park off-site. The clerk was downright rude about this, so I went to the off-site parking and the entire process took 45 minutes, and because they bring you back to the hotel, and would not take me to Disneyland, I didn't end up going at all and wasted 1 of my 3 days on the ticket I pre-purchased. I was less than happy. The next morning I went to the desk and asked if I could park on-site and they said the policy is 1 car only and that it's posted on the website and that I should have read it. Well...this is NOT what I was told as the reason the night before, and, when I called and asked about 2 cars, one would think they should have told me! Yet again, the employee was very rude and condecending.

When I checked in, I gave them my credit card and asked them to remove the one my son left on file when he checked in, as I was paying for the room. I asked to make sure the final bill would be on my card and they assured me his card was no longer on file. When I checked out, they handed me the bill and they charged my son's card, not mine. I asked them to please credit his card and use mine, so they did (or at least told me they did) but the next day, the charge appeared on my son's card and not mine. I called accounting and got a hold of Patrick and he was amazingly helpful and solved the issue.

The rooms are a good size, the beds are comfortable and there's a choice of pillows, but the air conditioner blows on the bed so that part is very uncomfortable.

I might stay again because of the location, but only if I have one car and I arrive early. I was told that there are 400 rooms and only 200 parking spaces on site so this is a huge drawback.

2  Thank im2tlkativ
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here the end of April and absolutely LOVED the Hotel.We arrived early morning before our 4pm check in time.We were not able to check into our rooms yet,but the Lady at the front desk took our cell phone numbers and said they would call when ready.We were able to check our bags into their holding area and use restrooms to change into our shorts for Cali weather.We decided to walk over to Disneyland for the day,which was a wonderfully close walk!The hotel called us around noon so we went back checked into our rooms and had lunch at Millies!What a wonderful restaurant!HUGE portions and very reasonable price.Definetly recommend the hot fudge sundaes(Big enough for 2 atleast).We didnt use the pool or the cafe in the hotel,But both seemed very nice and were not crowded!Wonderful beds and Maid service!! We will absolutely stay here again and again!The staff was also wonderful arranging transportation for us to the Beach on our last day.

Room Tip: dont pay the extra for a room with firework view!we were able to see them just by walking down to th...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank dasicomom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We recently stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are very clean and updated. The hotel is very close to the park approx 5-10 minute walk. There is a McDonald's on the way to the park so you can stop and have a quick breakfast before going to the park for the day. They have a little cafe on the 3rd floor that serves quick breakfast items ... nothing too fancy but it works. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, affordable hotel for a trip to Disneyland. I will stay here again for our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank martharo
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Disneyland. The hotel is very close to the Disney parks, an easy walk, even home after a long day at the park. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy, despite many children that I am sure were staying at the hotel, we slept without hearing any noise. It is also very close to restaurants should you want to grab a quick bite before heading to the parks and spending double inside. All in all, a great place to stay while visiting Disney!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple