I visited here for 3 nights, check in March 17, check out March 20, 2013. I have stayed here once before and returned because service was excellent and so was the quality of the room. In my opinion, it is worth the small upgrade cost to stay in the Disneyland themed rooms, as the rooms are also on a higher floor. Walking distance to Disneyland is very reasonable (use GOOGLE MAPS to check it out for yourself). The hotel is not much further from the front gate of Disneyland than the Disneyland Hotel itself. Disney's Grand Californian is closer ... but also significantly more expensive.
My one suggestion to the hotel would be that they consider that they are primarily a family hotel. As such, they should consider rooms with bed options other than the traditional One King or Two Queen beds. Think about a family of 3 or 4 coming to Disney. Maybe the parents would like to sleep in a KING bed while the kids also sleep in a KING bed, or one or two TWIN beds? Or maybe a room with a KING and a QUEEN. Yes, you could argue that families could get adjoining rooms (they have them), but this now increases the cost from $180 per night to $360 per night ... getting close to the price of the Grand Californian. The Portofino down the street offers rooms with one king and two bunk beds. However, Portofino's walking distance to the front gate of Disney is quite a bit further than Fairfield's.
I think this would be an excellent addition to this hotel -- any every other hotel I have ever stayed at or plan to stay at in the future!
My observation is that the room I was in could support a 2K or K-Q bed configuration. They might have to take out the small couch, but that is a trade-off I would have gladly made.
Food for thought to the management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort is a family friendly hotel in Anaheim, California located just ½ mile north of the Anaheim Convention Center, and directly across the street from the Maingate Entrance into the Disneyland® Resort! This includes Disneyland® Park, Disney's California Adventure® Park and the Downtown Disney® District. With a variety of things to do, all within walking distance, Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort is the perfect location for your leisure travelers and convention attendees. Our staff looks forward to making your event a memorable one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Hotel Anaheim
- Fairfield Anaheim
- Anaheim Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Anaheim Resort California