“Disneyland Trip”

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Ranked #29 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Friendly staff. Hotel staff were able to arrange tour bus for us for visiting different places. Its a walking distance from Disneyland and we can see fire works from our room. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your positive feedback on our friendly hotel staff, the location, and the comfortable bed. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Amongst the row of budget minded family hotels, this one is one of the better ones, and still ideally situated across the street from the main entrance. There are more high end hotels but they are further away and require taking a shuttle bus.
We stayed here 2 years ago and came back for more. We were able to check in early in the morning due to low season and leave our luggage behind, and go enjoy he rest of the day.
I was most impressed by the helpful service I got when I accidentally left my camera in the hotel and was touring all around the west coast and Hawaii during the month of December. The staff were able to help me and FedEx the parcel to the Waikiki hotel where I ended up before returning to Australia.
My friends were able to use the hotel car park for the day at no extra expense and save on parking in Disneyland itself. Great for the end of the day when the children were tired and had to be carried around.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PhoebeNJ
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Fairfield Inn! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive feedback and that you continue to come back. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked this hotel based on its reviews. The major plus about this hotel is the location. It was easy walking distance to Disneyland. There are a BUNCH of hotels around though. I feel like it was a little pricy for the room, but I'm guessing I'm paying mostly for location. The room was ok. Nothing special. Typical hotel room. I didn't upgrade, so our room was on the first floor, with only a few Disney themed pictures. The restaurant in front of the hotel was decent enough for breakfast each morning. If you're looking for something a little cheaper and quicker, there is a McDonalds right next door. There are also a few cheap restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to eat in the parks. Overall we slept well, however I was SHOCKED how loud the fireworks coming from Disney were. I'm sure if we had a room on a higher floor, they would have been fun to watch, but lying in bed hearing them, felt like bombs were going off outside. My husband said it was probably because of the sounds bouncing off the hotel and surrounding buildings, but it was so much louder than I ever expected. If you have young kids who go to bed early, I would find another hotel farther away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ashlee7878
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Fairfield Inn! We appreciate all of your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as it is extremely helpful for us to make the guest experience the best it can possibly be. We are happy to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of our close proximity to Disneyland and the convenient dining options nearby. We're sorry you didn't get the chance to enjoy the park fireworks from our hotel but we hope to welcome you again in the future to give you another opportunity!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We recently had an excellent stay at at the Fairfield Inn Disneyland Resort for 5 nights. Our original reservation was for 4 nights however, we decided to arrive a day early and booked an extra night. When I called the manager, he was able to assist me in making our reservations back to back so we didn’t have to move rooms. We arrived about dinner time and were greeted by a friendly front desk staff who recommended restaurants near by.

There were 4 adults and one child in our room. We had two queen beds and a twin pull out in our Disney themed (Princess) room. Everyone had plenty of space and we all enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, very comfortable and had a view of the Disneyland parks. It took about 7-10 minutes to walk to the front gates of disneyland.

There is a McDonalds next door for a quick breakfast before the park if you don’t mind fast-food or a Millie's in the same parking lot as the Hotel, I personally did not eat there however, my In-Laws said the food was good. There is a small pizza restaurant the Pizza Press between the park and the hotel that serves one size pizza that was the BEST pizza I have had since leaving Europe. I will stay here again and I have recommend the Fairfield Inn Disneyland Resort to friends, coworkers and family.

Room Tip: Loved the Disney themed Room
3  Thank WDW2011
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a magical stay! Thank you for your positive comments on our friendly and helpful staff. We are proud to hear that they were so accommodating. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location and facilities. We appreciate your recommendation and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The rooms are average in size and definitely basic 3 star. It serves it purpose for somewhere to sleep and be close to Disneyland. It is reasonably clean and comfortable and since you are out all day and most of the night when you are in Anaheim it is suitable if you don't want to spend too much on accommodation. I don't like the outdoor corridors to the rooms though especially when it is cold.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KazNsw
Elaine A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Fairfield Inn! Thank you for your positive comments on the location and the clean facilities. We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. All we needed from it was to be located in a walking distance from Disneyland so we can enjoy the fireworks late at night and not have to drive home for another hour or so. The hotel offered very decent room - clean and neat. The corridors, though, - like in an old-time hotels/motels - are on the outside of the building, so you get some noise from the street right through the window. We noticed that a lot of neighboring hotels have the same structure, very few had hallway inside. We didn't check the pool, it looked nice.

There's a Pizza Hut Express on the third floor which I do not recommend going to. I got breakfast there which was very-very fast-food style - I saw how they make a breakfast burrito - take a tortilla out of the fridge, lay down 2 breakfast patties (warmed up), a pre-made egg "patty", squeeze in 2 hash browns and wrap it up. Hash browns had an over-used oil and "fish-y" aftertaste.

Everything else is quite nice. There's a gift-shop downstairs that offers quite a variety of goods, including hard liquor.

3  Thank Spechtus
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Fairfield Inn! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as it allows us to continue to improve the guest experience. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Spent 3 nights on a Disneyland trip this week at this hotel, chosen primarily because it is close to Disneyland's entrance. The room was nice, with comfortable bedding; nothing lacking, and the front desk staff were lovely. There is a McDonald's next door, and a Millie's restaurant on the street front. We weren't too impressed with the food at Millie's, and the prices were 80% or more of Disney prices...so you might as well eat in the park. We've stayed in four of the close-to-the-entrance hotels over the years, and the Fairfield is the nicest. It was also pleasantly quiet.

My only concern with the hotel was our departure. When we checked out in the morning, we asked the bellman about arranging a cab to John Wayne airport for the afternoon. He said he would do so, made a call, and then advised us that our cab would be there at 2:15. At 2:15, our car (not a cab) arrived, and when we got in and saw that there was no meter, I immediately asked whether it was a flat fare, and if so, how much. The driver said, $105, and I said, "Whoops, no, we just wanted a cab." He then laughed and said no, the fare was only $45, the $105 was just a joke. I'm not sure it was a joke at all. I don't know whether other travelers have fallen prey to this, or whether the bellman gets a cut, but it left me with a sour taste at the end of what was otherwise a nice trip.

6  Thank BobbieBoulder
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your positive comments on your room and our staff. In regards to the transportation, please contact us with more details so we may reach out to the car company to make them aware. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.