“My personal fav”

Ranked #30 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Elk Grove, California
“My personal fav”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here with my wife and two young boys about 10 times the last 10 years or so. We live in NorCal and have season passes so we go to Disney about 4 times a year. We stay at other places but this is our fav for money value and cleanliness. Now don't get me wrong. There are a few gripes I have. But all in all I love this place. The main reason? It is VERY clean. And I am a weirdo about this when staying at hotels. I am hard to please with this issue and have always been happy with Fairfield. The rooms I have stayed in are very clean. The sheets and bedding feel clean. The maids do a amazing job. I feel clean and comfy here. I cannot stand going back to a hotel to rest and feeling like I am not in a clean environment. I don't know what rooms some of the reviews had because all I have stayed in were updated and clean and modern looking. Maybe some are more used to five star hotels and are worse hotel snobs then me. Is this place the Gran CA? No. But it also isn't $500 a night. If you want clean and comfy beds? Close to the park? Decent value? Here you go.

Now for the things I wish they would fix. I have been staying at this place long enough to remember not paying for parking. And when they started charging they used to waive it the first two years for me. Now the parking is insane. Crazy and that's the only time I feel ripped off here. I payed $1200 to stay here for 5 days? And no parking? Really? I know it's been the trend for all the close hotels doing this now. But it's kind of sick. And I agree with others the day of checkout you should be able to park for the day. Using this parking lot for other parking other then hotel is lame and hurts paying guest. Like I said....... I just spent $1200 bucks. Throw me a bone. For most of us that's a lot of money. It's the only thing that keeps me from giving it the final star.

But all in all I love this hotel. And have always recommended them to others for years. In fact we will be there July 13-19. And I cannot wait! When our boys who are now 9 and 11 were little tiny 2-4 year olds we were staying here. And we have great memories here. May sound funny because it's a hotel but it has a special place in our heart.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dominic R
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for joining us at the Fairfield Inn! We appreciate your loyalty and we are thrilled to know that you have continued to enjoy your stays with us. We thank you for your honest feedback and will use your comments to continue to improve the guest experience. Thank you for your positive comments on everything from the clean hotel to the value. We look forward to passing along your kind comments about our staff as we take great pride in our guest services. We hope to continue to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For the price and the Marriott brand, I expected much more. The rooms looked very old, outdated, and like a Motel 6. The bed was ok, no complaints. The pillows were very small...perhaps all sized for kids. The rate was pricey. I previously stayed at Best Western Park Place Plus and that room actually looked much nicer (though I didn't like the mattresses, blankets, pillows there).

Too pricey, but you are quite close to Disneyland and although the beds aren't impressive, they're good enough that you won't have any complaints. I didn't feel it was a good value but it's close to the main gate. Parking is a nightmare trying to find an open spot...and they charge $11/day for parking on top of the already overpriced rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CAPMCrunch
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your stay. We will use your comments to improve the guest experience moving forward. We hope you will join us again in the future so we may be able to offer an improved experience.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not a typical Marriot hotel. Exit from room goes outside just like a motel. Location is good, 5-min walk to Disneyland's entrance. Very few parking spot. So you have no choice but to avail there valet parking, still the same price as self-parking though. No good food within the hotel. There's a pizza hut corner on the 3rd floor, good spot to get your morning coffee to start your day. Came to the hotel around 8am, hoping to check in early, front desk told me there's no available room yet but they will just text us if our room will be available. So we spent our entire day in Disneyland Park waiting for their text, but there's none until 3:30PM saying our hotel room is already available. I am not sure if they did it on purpose. Got a room facing the freeway which is very loud. Hotel room is average, clean, comfortable bed and pillows, it's a plus to have a sofa that can be made to a single bed. I think room is dated. Fridge is a plus but is very small that can only fit few water bottle and/or can of soda. Bathroom size is ok, no sink inside the bathroom. Sink and mirror is just outside bathroom's door, feels like your staying in Quality inn. Swimming pool is small, good thing we went there early in the morning that there are only few people in the swimming pool area. Hot tub is a decent size, can only fit 4-5 people.

We did checked in at 4Pm, there's only 2 people in the desk, at that time one is assisting an irate guest and the other one is just listening to them, so i had to speak loudly so that i can grab her attention. Valet personnel are courteous though. Will try to stay in other hotels nearby but will keep this hotel as an option.

Room Tip: book way early so you can secure good location of room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share a review! We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as your comments allow us to maintain and improve the guest experience. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location, the pool, and our valet staff. We hope you will consider joining us again in the future, so we may have the opportunity to offer an experience that exceeds your expectations.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Location is good, close to the main entrance to both parks, but other hotels also line up that street, and some are even closer. Rooms were basic, and feel more like motel rooms. Front desk employees were impersonal, slightly arrogant. Parking is for a fee which I could understand but what is totally unjustifiable is the fact that upon check-out, they expect you to remove your car off the premise or pay another full day's parking fee even if you were only needing it for merely an hour. Given this is Disney, it's obvious that most guests would like to remain at the park for the remainder of the day and expect to pay nothing additional given their patronage but to charge a full days fee is ludicrous. Staff's explanation that parking is run by a separate entity isn't a good excuse, because if so, they should have charged half a day to be fair to their guests instead of banking on a guest's dilemma! Would I stay there again, no because I don't believe I received commensurate value for what I paid.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Louay
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn for your recent visit! We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative as we are always looking to improve the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Received different room then what had been booked over the phone. Front desk staff was not very helpful, was told sorry we have no other rooms to move you to unless you would be willing to pay another 30 dollars a night. Rooms were very old and outdated, very small. Pool area is small and hot tub can maybe fit 5 people in it. Good location, but not so good staff and rooms. Not worth the money, would stay somewhere else for the money. Also, you will be lucky to get a parking space - not enough parking for all guests, and they also sell some of their parking to non-guests - bad choice!

1 Thank Paul662014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your honest feedback, as it helps us to be able to maintain and improve the guest experience. We are sorry to hear about the mix- up with your room assignment and other obstacles you encountered during your stay. We sincerely hope you will return to our hotel in the future, so we may offer you an experience that exceeds your expectations.
Revelstoke
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is the place I will stay in Anaheim from now on, clean comfortable rooms, exceptional staff, and a great location. a short walk from the main gate to the Disney Parks, close to McDonalds for that 1st good coffee of the day. Walking distance from many area restaurants, and convenience stores.as we always book with WestJet vacations this Hotel or the Best Westerns are the only obvious choices. Kudos to all of the friendly staff for the above and beyond in cleaning our room, and the smile and hello, on your leaving in the morning, and your return in the evening. See you again in the Fall as we visit California twice a year.

Room Tip: Front side rooms facing Harbour Blvd are the obvious choices. Ground floor might be best for people...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mark R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience and will be returning in the future. We are pleased to know you found our rooms to be comfortable and our location to be convenient to the park and restaurants. We are especially thrilled to hear your positive comments on our staff, as we strive for excellent customer service. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We used 35000 Marriott points to book this average hotel which are a lot of points for an upgraded motel! The "hotel" is across the street from Disneyland and is a 1 ½ block short walk to the main gate. So you will get to your room easily.

ROOM and facility-The room was clean, comfortable and convenient but would not rate as a "resort" hotel. Don't expect a "resort" style pool. We were unaware that a mini-fridge was included in the room, which would have been helpful to know, given that I need to refrigerate my meds and brought an ice chest. We were on the 3rd floor facing west which means 1.) you can't see any fireworks from the exterior walkway in front of your room 2.) great view of the parking lot. (Picture a multistory motel and that's what it basically is.)

RESTAURANT: On-site there is no restaurant-remember that this is not a resort-type hotel, but they do have a Pizza Hut walk-up on the 3rd floor. So, you go to the Pizza Hut to order pizza and breakfast sandwiches and sit on bench seating. {There used to be a "Millie's Cafe" in front of the hotel near the street, but it is boarded up.} If you keep walking north (half block) there is a good restaurant: "Mimi's Cafe". If you walk about 1 ½ blocks south, you will see lots of cheapie eateries and an IHOP (international house of pancakes).

PARKING FEES are added to your bill ($15?? per day) and are the same whether you self-park or valet. One valet attendant asked if we were using the service. I said that we would self-park and he asked if we needed a luggage cart. I said "yes" and never saw him again. I stopped in the entrance and got my own luggage cart. Parking is RIDICULOUS! Don't expect to find any.
So, location it is. Expect to pay for it either in dollars or Marriott points.

Room Tip: If you want to see the fireworks, request a room facing north.
Green Features: They need blue recycle bins in the rooms. Their trash cans are intentionally about 9 inches high to limit your trash in the rooms, but the recycling bins should be in the rooms or accessible in the outdoor hallways near their $3 soda machines.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of the Fairfield Inn. We're glad that you enjoyed our close proximity to Disneyland and clean and comfortable rooms. We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience with us. We appreciate your review and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to exceed your expectations!