“A Great Hotel and Very Helpful Staff”

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
Ranked #30 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Salem, OR
“A Great Hotel and Very Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family of eight stayed at The Fairfield Inn Anaheim again because we enjoyed it so much on our last trip in 2012. We enjoyed it so much last time we didn’t even consider another hotel for our 2014 trip. I have to say that we probably enjoyed it more this time than last time just because we had more knowledge about the hotel than we did last time and because the staff was fantastic.

With that said my mother and I are disabled and we rented scooters from Apple Scooters. The Fairfield stored them and power charged them for us throughout our stay. This saved me about $375 not renting from Disney, but also allowed my mother and I to use our scooters to get to and from the parks and Downtown Disney. Also we could use the scooters at Downtown Disney, something you can‘t do with Disney‘s scooter or strollers. The Fairfield also loaned us the use of a transfer bath chair which was very nice. The Fairfield Inn Anaheim is very disabled friendly.

As for the staff they were great. The front desk, bell captain, security and housekeeping are all above par.

Try the Pizza Hut on the third floor. I think they are better than the Pizza Huts here at home. Also the game room is quite fun.

The one complaint my family had (mostly my three nephews and niece) was the pool opens at 8am (same time as DCA and Disneyland) and closes at 10pm (same time as DCA). If you stay in the parks until closing (10pm or 12am) you can’t go swimming when you get back to the hotel. It would be nice if the pool was open until 1:30 or 2am.

1 Thank TheTickTockMan
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for joining us at the Fairfield Inn! We appreciate the time you have taken to share a review. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our fantastic staff, the accommodations, and the game room. Thank you for your honest comments on our pool hours. We will make sure to pass this along to the team. We are so thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your overall stay and we hope to welcome you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family and I planned a trip to Disneyland and I found this hotel online. It was the price we wanted to pay, had a themed room and was walking distance from the park. We got to the hotel around 8;30 pm and the valet service was great and they helped us put our luggage onto a cart and took it up to our room. We stayed on the top floor, had a great view of Disneyland and California adventure and our kids loved the Pirates of the Carribean themed room, The room was the cleanest I have ever seen! Usually you would expect to see a stray hair or dirt somewhere, not Here!! We stayed at 4 different hotels during our trip to California from New Mexico and this was by far the best one! I will definitely stay here again. We had NO hidden fees and received the service that were promised. Definitely use valet, costs the same as self parking.

Room Tip: Definitely get a high room with a disney theme, the children will love it!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bumblebbeth
Thank you for taking the time to share a review! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed a wonderful stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments on your themed room, the staff members, and our location. We look forward to passing on your kind words to our team. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and we hope you will join us again in the future.
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2014

For a Marriott Hotel, this one was very disappointing. I've stayed at several and have always been treated with respect and more! We arrived 3 1/2 hours late because of a delayed flight and was told they didn't have a room for us. They put us in a handicap room on the ground floor with no explanation as to why our room was given away. The handicap room was blah and noisy, to say the least. The staff has their cleaning service working in the middle of the night right outside the rooms with lots of banging and yelling. Needless to say, we didn't sleep very well. When asked to change rooms the next day, the staff was accomodating, but still no reason why our room was given away. I pushed the issue and they stated that another family decided to stay one more day, so they gave our room to this family. We did move to a new room the next day, but was unable to get into the room until 4:00. We had to pack up our things and store them for the day. When we came back we had to trudge our luggage to the new room with no offer to deliver our luggage since it was their error. This is not the typical Marriott that I've stayed in in the past. Other Marriotts would have delivered our luggage to the new room while we were out. I did voice my disappointment and still no offer to deliver the luggage. I asked for some type of retribution and the hotel said they couldn't give me a credit because my card was already charged for the room. If you can charge my credit card you can surely place a credit on it! I will be writing the hotel management a letter, but something tells me nothing will happen. I am so disappointed witht his hotel and will never stay her again. There are plenty of hotels close to Disneyland. Don't stay at this one!

7 Thank serendipityetc
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the Fairfield Inn. We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as your comments help us to continue to improve the guest experience. Thank you again for sharing a review and we will be passing your comments on to our team.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Walking distance to Disneyland. Near lots of eateries like McDonald's, IHOP, and Mimi's Cafe. Convenient in-house Pizza Hut - freshly made pizza - worth the wait! Feels like a Disney property; well, at least the kids will buy it with a huge Disney figure in the entrance, Mickey caricature view from the balcony, Disney gift shop, and numerous touches of Disney like photos, theme rooms, and fireworks every night!

Fireworks from Disney viewable nightly. Might startle you at first, but after the first night, you start to expect it. No need for a upper floor. You can walk to the balcony sections where you can see the fireworks and voila! There it is! You are not impinging on other people's hotel room balcony area at all.

Now for the distance. It appears across from Disneyland, but you have to walk some to get to the Disneyland entrance; not directly across each other as there is a median. Hotel entrance also involves a short walk as it is not right off the street curb, more inward. No biggie when going to the Disney park, but with tired kids in tow after a long day at the park, it could feel "so near yet so far."

Pool location is iffy. It is outdoors and out in the open viewable from and near the entrance and parking lot.

Lots of pluses though. Will stay here again, per my picky teen.

Room Tip: Picking an upper level room to see the fireworks is not necessary. You may access these areas witho...
5 Thank Ruth F
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for sharing a review of your experience at the Fairfield Inn! We are so glad to know that you enjoyed our location, the nearby dining options, and the fireworks. We appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to continue to maintain and improve the guest experience. We hope to welcome you again in the future!
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband left it up to me, so I picked this hotel, which seemed perfect for our Disneyland trip. I compared many reviews, prices, and walking distances - this appeared to be the best. And I was right! Clean rooms, facilities, lobby; friendly, helpful, and courteous staff; the room size was good; the elevator always worked; the outdoor hallways were clear; and although construction was occurring next door, we didn't hear the noise. We were even on the "construction side" of the hotel. Turning on the A/C with the fan on "high" helps, I guess, but also, we stayed out of the room during the day when the noise is made. Pizza hut and a little market with healthy foods is on the 3rd level; gift shop with necessities is near the lobby; we used the laundry facilities. Very happy with the whole deal!

Room Tip: Fact of life: Hotels in big cities always charge for parking. If you don't have to bring a car...
Green Features: Hotel encourages reusing towels as an environmentally friendly practice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank betsypider1
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your trip to Disneyland! Thank you for your positive feedback on everything from the clean rooms to the courteous staff. We take great pride in our guest services and it is wonderful to know that you found our team to be friendly and helpful. We hope you will join us again in the future, should your travels bring you back to Anaheim!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I actually rented a room 6/2013 when we went to Disneyland, and when I was booking another trip for this summer, I tried to contact the hotel to express my previous disappointment. I was hoping they would credit me a night or two, instead they suggested another property. I genuinely work for another hotel chain, but had won a raffle at church for a trip which included some hotel vouchers to cover a nights stay and breakfast for two at ANY Marriott property in the world. I chose this property because the website said free overnight parking, the location is great, and they had Disney themed rooms. I am a single mother and normally couldn't afford to take a hotel stay vacation, so this was a real blessing and very exciting. It ended up being horribly disappointing. They didn't honor the free parking I had specifically looked for because it can be vey pricey, they also didn't have a hotel breakfast room or room service where I could use my 2free breakfast vouchers every day, which again I had specifically asked for. When I contacted the hotel, one of the managers added insult to injury and gave me a list of other properties in the area. Rather than correct legitimate mistakes on their part and possibly retain a customer, she chose to write me off. I can only assume that because they have a prime location, they have no care for customer service because they know they can just have another uninformed family check in. I would have stayed at the same property had they made up for the previous over-charges, but I was not important in their eyes.

Room Tip: Don't pay for any upgrades, the view is disappointing and I paid extra for it. I paid extra for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Kelly M
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the Fairfield Inn and thank you for bringing your frustrations to our attention regarding your visit. Unfortunately we do not offer complimentary breakfast and we are sorry to hear that this negatively impacted your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding your trip last June and we will pass your comments on to management so we may continue to improve the guest experience.
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel, and for the Disney experience this hotel works great. I can agree with some of the other reviews that for a Marriott, this particular hotel is a little less than adequate. But once we got past that, we could appreciate the proximity to Disney, which was great, and the rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Disney is right across the street and a very short walk. We didn't want to rely on any bus or shuttle, so this worked great. The rooms open to the outside, which bothered me on the first visit, but it wasn't so bad this time. There have a Pizza Hut restaurant inside the hotel, which was convenient. There biggest issue I had this visit is we paid for a theme room with a Disney resort view. I mistakenly assumed this meant we would be able to see the fireworks from our room....this was not the case. The fireworks can be seen on the other side of the building, the side overlooking the construction. So it's a give and take...if you really want the firework view, you don't need to pay for the Disney view. In fact, the Disney view wasn't any big deal in my opinion. My kids liked the "theme room", but we could have lived without the view. I would definitely stay here again for the convenience!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Jen851
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the Fairfield Inn! We appreciate your honest feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the proximity to Disneyland and your clean and comfortable rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.