“The Manager is great!”

Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Murrieta, California
“The Manager is great!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I want to write a new review about this hotel, that paints a different picture from the initial experience with the AI. We had a terrible experience to begin with, a mix-up with scheduling when the front desk made the mistake and forgot to reschedule our date of stay. We showed up, at 10:00pm, with sleeping kids, and there was no room for us, and had to search elsewhere. The front desk person was unwilling to work with us. So we left thinking to at the manager would be the same way. We found another room at another hotel, but I had already been charged for this one. I was upset. I wrote a review of the hotel, and then wrote to the manager. I had given up any hope of even hearing from the manager. The very next day, I received a wonderful email from the manager of the Alpine Inn. He refunded my money and graciously apologized for the mix-up. I was absolutely flabbergasted!! He could've totally run with the money, and never considered anything about me and my review....yet he did!! So because of that, I am changing my negative review of the Alpine Inn to a positive one. Customer service is key in my book. I could stay in any type of room in any hotel, if the customer service is great, I am happy, and I will return. There is something about being appreciative for the very people that keep you in business. I run a business of my own, and I have to say that gratitude for my clients is key. That's what keeps them coming back. If. I make a mistake, I am accountable for that mistake, and I make amends. I have to say that the manager of this hotel did just that. I am shockingly impressed at what he did for me, and extremely grateful. Thank you to the Alpine Inn for taking a very frustrating moment and making it better. I will recommend this hotel to everyone who asks. I just wish we could've stayed there.....next time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Hetty22
Dear Heather,

Thank you for this review and apologize for the trouble that you went through. At Alpine Inn, we believe in taking care of our guests, appreciating their patronage and making their trip memorable. We welcome you to come back and visit us again and I will personally take care of you. Thank you.

Judy Pao for Alpine Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed for 6 nights last week. I cant really fault the place, we were only there to sleep. Was very clean. Had all the basics you need. Staff were freindly and helpful. Pool looked clean but we were always back to late to give it a try. 15min walk to disneyland! Was perfect for us, we will be coming back here next time we visit Anaheim :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zoe4637
Dear guest,

It is our goal to have all of our guests to have an fantastic Disney experience and create great memories for years to remember. I am glad to learn that you and your family had enjoyed your trip. We are a no frill hotel but offers clean and comfortable rooms at competitive rate. Please do visit us soon and we look forward to serving you again as our guest.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our family of six stayed there one night before waking up early to go to Disneyland. We were pleased overall. Couple things to note-
1. Parking (free) is only for current guests so we had to move our car when we checked out in the morning.
2. Cribs are $10
3. The continental breakfast (free) technically starts at 7am but they set up early on the morning we were there

• Stayed February 2014
Dear guest,

I am glad to learn that you and your family had a restful night to get ready for the Disney excursion on the next day. We understand that cleanness, comfortable beds and quietness all very important for families on vacation and we have achieve our goal. Thank you for giving us your valuable review and we look forward to your next visit to Disney Resort.

Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were on the ground floor and near the stairs, so there was a bit of noise from above, but for the price, I don't think you can do better. Free breakfast was OK (it was free). Check-in/out was fine. Parking was fine and also free. If you're on a budget and wanna be close to D-Land, stay here. We have stayed at several hotels near the park entrance and this was the best value of them all.

Room Tip: Get Fast Pass for the Cars Ride ASAP when you get to the park.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jefrey_R
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear guest,

I am very pleased to learn that you find our hotel to be clean, comfortable and competitive. With today's economy, we try to keep our rate fair and yet do not compromise on the amenities and services. With free parking, continental breakfast, WiFi and premium cable channels, we are continuing to look for new ways to service our guests better. Thank you and we look forward to serving your again in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Room was nothing special, small but it was clean, had a nice TV. No desk to wok at, but free Internet. The Free breakfast was very basic. I drove a half mile down the street and had breakfast. Walk across the street to convention center and they let me leave my car at their lot after I checked out - it's the little things that make great for great service.

Room Tip: This a motel, park in front of the room. The rooms back-up to a huge Disney fence. No view out rear...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VegasExpo
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you find our location directly across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center convenient. As for the work desk, we do have a desk in each room, a desk lamp and a chair. As our service, we try to accommodate parking after guests' check out if possible. Thank you again for taking the time and we look forward to serving you soon.

Dayton, NV
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Check-in and check-out was without problems. You can also purchase tickets to Disneyland at the front office and avoid the long lines at the park. The property sits on a major street, but the frontage building blocks most of the traffic sounds. And you have to be outside the room to hear the screams coming from the Cars ride at the park.
The pool is advertised as heated, which is why I tried this location. My son said it was Ok, but I noticed he did spend a lot of time in it, and this was February. There was no jacuzzi.
The rooms were clean. The carpet was also clean, which a lot of places in Anaheim and Buena Park don't have. It was nice not to have to wear socks all the time. TV had a decent selection of channels. Room had a working microwave and mini fridge. No bugs detected during my 3-day stay.
The only problems I identified here were the beds which were on the hard side (which isn't so bad if you like a hard bed) and the bath soap was made with sand (think of Lava soap, very grainy).
The location is nice. Right across the street from the convention center and a 15 minute walk to the Disney parks. A 7-11 is 100 yards away and a 24-hr Subway sandwich shop is twice that.
I would recommend this place. It's a good value for the dollar.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
SpeediousMom, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a very detailed review. I am glad to know your son has enjoyed our outdoor heated pool in February; our front desk staffs made the check in, check out and the purchase of Disney tickets easy for you, our room was clean and comfortable after you and your family had a long day at Disneyland, our convenient location made your walk to Disneyland easy. We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed a week following Thanksgiving. Made reservations last minute so had an upstairs. Friendly staff and when we unloaded our car, an employee offered to help us carry our stuff up the stairs. That was much appreciated even though we didn't take them up on their offer. Although the hotel is in the shadow of CA Adventure and a major street, it was rather quiet and felt secluded. Rooms were clean and comfortable and for the price, it is a very good deal. They changed their curtains to window shutters which is nice if you have allergies. We were too tired to go out to eat so thankfully there was a microwave so we could reheat food we had in our ice chest. 7-11 is within walking distance as well as subway and pizza. We have a large van so parking was difficult in their small lot but not impossible. Disneyland is a good 15 minute walk and just a few minutes around the block to park in the Disney garage. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Laneyq34
SpeediousMom, Owner at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. When you are visiting the happiest place on earth, we would like to make your trip comfortable and memorable. The new carpet, window shutter and LCD TV are the latest addition to our rooms. Our staffs from front desk, maintainence to housekeeping are ready to serve the guests at all time. Please visit us again in the near future. Have a great 2014!

Judy Pao