“Location is Awesome!”

Ranked #9 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, California
“Location is Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you're looking for a hotel within walking distance (about 10-15 mins) to the Disneyland Resort, this is a great place to stay. I've stayed here a couple of times, and I would love to stay here again but it's usually not in my budget to do so. (I tend to stay further out from the resort as I get free parking with my annual pass, so I can save a lot more on hotels not within the vicinity.)

However, if the budget allows, this would be the place to go. The walk is not too bad to the resort, and you can stop by the 7-11 on the corner of Harbor and Katella if you need to some drinks/snacks to bring into the park. This 7-11 is convenient to have nearby, in general, since you have a fridge and microwave in the room. So if you don't have car, just walk on over and get what you need to bring back to the hotel.

The rooms are clean, and I really enjoy the queen-size beds. They're pretty comfy after a long day at the parks.

The parking lot seems small; but I've never actually had a car during any of my visits here, as I've always taken a shuttle to this hotel from the airport. (This is for times when I'm strictly just down to visit the Disneyland Resort.)

Service here has never failed me, and the front desk people are pretty conversational. They're not awkward at all, and are willing to help the visitor with anything.

Hopefully another visit is in my future. I would love to come back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and the twice stays with us. We do offer clean and comfortable accommodation with microfrig, free Wi-Fi and parking. We usually offer the best rate in the Disney resort, please do give us a call the next time you visit. Thank you again.

Judy Pao for Alpine Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Baytown, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I originally had a reservation at the Marriott across the street as I was in town for a 3 day conference at the Convention Center. My stay was 5 days and sharing a room with only 1 other person was going to be quite expensive. The "M" was more expensive per night, had to pay $12/day for WiFi and no complimentary breakfast. Quite the opposite at Alpine Inn! We each saved more the $300 by switching hotels and walking a little to the Convention Center. Comp breakfast was typical cold stuff and hot coffee. Hotel staff were all super nice and never hesitant to help with anything! The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because at times the internet connection was slow. Overall I highly recommend it and if ever in the area again, will definitely be staying there!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank txcindy
Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your colleague. The advantage of been a small property, we can provide personal service and affordable price. However, we do not compromise on service and accommodation. On the issue of Wi-Fi, we are upgrading our system and it will be a better and improved when you visit us the next time. Thank you again.

Turlock, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The rooms were comfortable and clean, air conditioner worked great. We walked to Disneyland each day without a problem. We were able to have adjoining rooms which I thought was very nice of the hotel to do that for us.

Dear guest,

I am glad to learn that we are able to accommodate your and your family with adjoining rooms. As part of our service, we pay careful attention when assigning rooms each day. If it is allowed, we will try our best to put families close together. We understand that Disney visit is to make memorable experience for years to come. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

PirateJen123
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is small and nothing fancy, however it backed up to thfacade of Cars Land... that's how close you are to it all!
The rooms are nice, the bathroom is a bit lacking, but for the price (and the fact we didn't spend any time in the room other than sleeping) it was fine.
The walk into downtown Disney is 10 minutes or less.
Next time we come back, we will definitely consider staying again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PirateJen123
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are located within 10-15 minutes walking proximity to Disney parks and right behind California Adventure Park Cars Land. Our guests can truly experience the Disney visit as soon as they pull in our parking. Beside the great location, our service and rate are a big plus as well. Please do come and visit us soon.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Room came complete with refrigerator, microwave, iron/ironing board, comfortable twin beds (with 4 pillows each!), big color TV, clock radio, etc. - everything a traveller needs! Our check-in guy was super helpful (we weren't aware Disneyland offers discounted entry after 4pm!), and the maids were super nice, too. Highly recommend! Mike Ferguson/Hawaii
PS. and free wifi - that actually worked!

1 Thank MFFHawaii
Hello Mike,

A wonderful review from someone who lives in one of the most famous travel destination and understands the meaning of hospitality, we are truly honored. What make a property special are the people behind the scene. I am fortunate to have great front desk staffs, housekeeping ladies and maintenance personnel. Thank you for your review and look forward to serving you again.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a typical run of the mill motel, conveniently located to Disneyland and Disney California, this is a no thrills motel.
The room was pretty plain, the TV was a decent size, and the room was fairly clean. Check in was pretty easy, the man at the front desk was not overly friendly, a little curt.
We stayed for 3 nights, we tried to checkout early due to some other circumstances but you have to have at least a 48 hour notice for cancellation so we just stuck it out as to not lose our money. I can't say that I agree with that policy, seems how emergencies arise and its hard to control, I get 24 hours but 48?
Our other problem was the maid service, they were extremely slow. They did manage to come and take our towels away fairly early but other than that it was after 3:30 that our room was finally cleaned. There is nothing more frustrating than going to dry your hands on a towel that is no longer there, nor are any others.
The "breakfast", I say that term extremely loosely, it consisted of some granola bars and yogurt from what I could see, not that it was a big deterrent, we planned our own breakfasts out but still a little lacking.
The pool was nice but needs to be vacuumed out, it was very dirty at the bottom. Notifying people that the concrete is extremely hot would be beneficial too, we all burned the bottoms of our feet just taking our sandals off at a chair and going to the ladder of the pool.
For what the motel was, I think its a bit overpriced, again its close, about a 10 minute walk, to Disneyland but other than that, there is not much else going for it, I guess if you are using the convention center it is directly across the street.
Again if you are just looking for a, bit overpriced, place to lay your head while you are in and out most of the day, this would be the place to go.
I think the next time we will look for something thats a little more upscale, preferably that provides us a towel all day long.

Dear guest,

I am so sorry that your stay was not up to your expectation. I value the importance of guest feedback and appreciate the comment on the housekeeping service and heated pool. I will take personal attention on both issues and would like to invite you back to the improved service. Please call me personally at (800) 772-4422 and I will assist you on the reservation. Thank you and look forward to your call.

Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

15 minute walk to entrance of Disneyland. Very clean room and helpful front desk person. Had no problems will stay. Would stay there again. Shopping center and restaurants within walking distance. And 7-11 like 3 minute walk.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your short right to the point reviews. I love it. Please do come and visit us again in the near future.