“Good nights rest”

Alpine Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Good nights rest”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

They had very friendly staff, clean rooms comfortable beds excellent location at a great price. It was just a short walk from Disneyland. I definitly enjoyed my stay. I give the Alpine Inn two thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lyssesj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We came to alpine inn to stay two nights. Staff we friendly, rooms were clean and location was perfect! Disneyland is an easy walking distance and there is plenty of food and restaurants close by despite what other reviews say!When we had to change our plans and book another night the staff were super helpful and it was no dramas at all!
Thanks for the great stay!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lauramt18
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The room was clean,staff was excellent and I would stay at this hotel again. Great place to stay. This hotel is close to Disneyland as well as the Convention Center(within walking distance)and there are restaurants at all price ranges available. There is also a refrigerator and microwave available in the rooms which can help to keep your costs in line.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bambi L
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booking the reservation and changing the reservation online, no problem. However, I did put a note in both times to be contacted about our late check in and to confirm they would hold the room. No response either time. We had MASSIVE flight delays and cancellations (7 delays, 2 cancellations). I called the first day when I knew we weren't going to make it and the gentleman on the phone was very pleasant (Do not know his name, but has an Italian look to him? Slicked back hair anyway). I knew I was going to get charged for the room per their policy, but he was nice about it. When I called on the 2nd day, not knowing when we were going to make it, but knowing it would be after check in because of the delays, the man I got was INCREDIBLY RUDE!(Indian man) I let him know we were delayed again and that our connection in Chicago was very close. If there was another delay, we would not make it on that flight. He asked if we were going to be there at all and I told him we are trying, but I can't say for sure when because it is out of my hands. He informed me very firmly/ rudely that they lose money every night I do not show up and they would not hold the room for me if I wasn't going to be there. Now, as all you travelers know, the last thing you want when visiting a busy tourist area is to show up and not have a hotel room. I informed him (very strongly myself) that they are not losing any money because I already saw the pending charge on my credit card for the night prior. He still insisted that they were losing money, not grasping that it was not going to happen again, possibly. Trying to double book the room to make more money, most likely. He would have had no other reason to be so un-Godly rude to me otherwise. He was demanding to know whether I was going to show or not. After pointing out that the only way he could possibly be losing money was by double booking, he lowered his voice and told me they would hold the room. I take that as a sign that I was right.

The only reason that I gave the hotel a 2 is because 2 of the 3 gentlemen I encountered were very pleasant and the room was clean. However, no chance in hell I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsN1704
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently stayed at the alpine inn for a trip to disneyland. I picked the motel based on the reviews, and they lived up to what other's have said. The staff is very courteous and professional, they truly care about their client's needs. I think they may have been the owners, but I received the best customer service I've ever experienced at a hotel/motel.

The rooms were adequately clean, and the linens and bathroom were cleaned thoroughly. Not totally spotless, but the key areas were very clean (clean linens and bathroom) and the rest was clean for the most part. The building is old, but the rooms have been updated with nice furniture and updated beds and fresh linens. I really liked their premium cable on the HDTV, and I was able to watch all my favorite channels, and they even have some premium movie channels. Very nice bonus! The A/C unit in the room worked quite well too, and I was able to get the room nice and cool in the hot southern cali heat.

The room has a mini fridge and a microwave, so you could potentially save some money by avoiding eating out every meal. Although, our mini fridge was so cold that it just froze everything in it, so it pretty much became worthless. I couldn't find a switch to turn down the temperature but I didn't look too hard.

The cleaning staff cleaned the room during all but one of the days during our 4-night stay, and they were very careful and courteous about moving personal items to clean around them.

I picked this hotel/inn based on their proximity to disneyland, and their competitive rates and the cleanliness and value factor. They are literally on the same block as disneyland, just on the other side of the wall. I also saw that they were a block from a convention center, talk about an ideal location! Since they offer free parking for guests (as every hotel/motel should), we were able to walk to the park and save some money on parking. Also, this motel sells disneyland tickets at their front desk, including the citypass, which I bought with no markup and we were able to avoid the ticket lines and walk right up to the entrance.

My only real complaint I have (besides the mini-fridge issue mentioned above) include the quality of the shampoo / conditioner / soap, they were very low quality and left my hair and skin very dry.

Overall we enjoyed our visit and this motel/inn provides a good value for the price. I would recommend this motel / inn, and would stay here again if we ever make another trip to disneyland.

6 Thank Scott H
Sheerness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Myself and my two teenage daughters spent 3 nights here as a base for visiting the Disneyland parks. Both parks are only a 10 minute walk away with numerous places to eat on route. Don't worry if you don't fancy the limited breakfast there is a great smoothie bar around the corner with excellent smoothies, croissants and bagels.
WiFi reliable and fast, room very clean, roomy and comfortable. This was the cheapest but by far the best value accommodation during our 2 week trip around Southern California.
Don't waste your money on the bigger hotel chains in the area, the Alpine Inn has everything you need for a family trip.

4 Thank SheppeyTraveller
Red Deer, Alberta
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for a week during our recent trip to Disneyland. We've stayed at quite a few other hotels in the area on previous trips, and loved our time at the Alpine Inn. First experience walking into our room we discovered it smelled great & was super clean. The rooms weren't huge, but for our family of 4, it was fine. We didn't spend a lot of time there anyways. We loved that it had a fridge. Because we had a car, we drove to the grocery store & picked up items for snacking & beverages. We were able to supplement the breakfast provided by the motel. We enjoyed the pool everyday. When it got too hot and busy at the park, we came back & cooled off. The kids loved that! The walk wasn't too bad, we were glad to not have to pay for parking. The cleaning ladies were amazing! Super hard working, we appreciated the great job they did. And the front desk staff was super helpful. One night, the city had a water main break in the street in front of the hotel. We were all without water. It wasn't the hotel's fault, but even so, the fellow at the front, was on the phone non-stop until the city came & hooked up the hotel to the fire hydrant out front so we could have water. We enjoyed our stay & can't wait to come back again!

3 Thank arms_n_all