“Roys”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Disneyland
Cross street: South Clementine Street
Transit: Harbor Blvd/Katella Ave, Clementine/Katella Ave, “ART” Anaheim Resort Transit (located within Anaheim Gardenwalk), Train Station located at Angels Stadium.
Description: Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine and beverage around the world ever since. Join us tonight in Anaheim, CA to discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Me and my fiancé traveled to toys last September. We got engaged while we was in Anaheim and went to Roy's for dinner. We were treated like royalty and had amazing 7 course dinner cooked by pat. We we told everything about the dish as it was brought to us and every dish we had got better and better. We will never forget that night and that's down to the amazing staff and amazing food. We will be back next October as we are getting married in Vegas but before that we need our hit of roys. Thanks again guys.

Date of visit: November 2015
Write a reviewReviews (556)

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Overall the food was good though there were a few dishes we didn't enjoy as much (a bit over cooked for our preference).

The staff was outstanding though -- their welcoming, friendly vibe definitely made our evening!

They accept reservations.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

On our recent visit from Australia, on a whim we decided to give Roys a try. These guys were really accomodating as we showed up with a party of 6 on a friday night with no booking and they still found a table with minimal fuss. The food was excellent , and while on the high side of price, the quality matched so it was OK. We had our kids with us , and although this was not really suitable, our server( David) made sure the kids were well looked after. portion sizes were good, not too big , but certainly not looking for more either. If you want a nice meal , in a a little more refined setting while in Anaheim, give this place a try for sure.

1  Thank 712rhysk
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Sort of fusion menu which takes some time to digest :-) Food is good with some favourites. Good service but a very big restaurant so not really individual attention. Nice to go with a big group

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Chef Ron Platta completely changed my perception on how service has fallen from the hospitality industry due to technology. Roy's Anaheim defiantly continues tradition with their ALOHA spirit.

I had just dropped my parents off at home after being at the hospital all day. My dad is very ill and had not eaten or had regular food in 10 days but didn't have the energy to sit in a restaurant, so i went out to get them some food to being back.

I was looking for some kind of light protein like a nice piece of fish with maybe steamed rice . I originally walked next door to McCormick and Schmicks and it was aweful. The hostess was at the stand with 2 servers looking at their cellphones. When I explained what i needed she sent me to the bar to order, then when i got to the bar the bartender was rude and unhelpful. It's a fishhouse and he literally told me that they can only grill or broil the fish and it has to have the butter and sauce or it will be dry or brake apart. Well that wasnt going to work as it was to heavy for my dad's dietary restrictions . So between the NOT service and NO options i decided to leave.

As soon as I walked into Roy's next door, i was greeted by a warm welcome and immediate greeting by the hostess. I explained my story and she said she would ask the chef. She came back as i waited in the lobby and told me the chef would be right out. Chef Ron approached me and i explained my dads dietary restrictions and let him know we just got out of the hospital. Chef reviewed all my options and gave his suggestion on what would work. he took the time to ask specific questions and gave me different ideas on how we can prepare the food and let me know what he could do with the ingrediants he had. He then thanked me for thinking of Roy's to get their dinner from and assured me it would be great and not to worry.

Waiting for my togo items, I then sat at the bar and had another warm welcome and great service from the bartender on duty. I feel bad i didn't get his name. I enjoyed the Wagyu sliders and their signature cocktail called 1988.

About 20 minutes later the chef came out and hand delivered what he had made for my parents. He had one box labeled MOM and the other box labeled DAD. I started tearing up because something that simple , made a huge difference in the day i was having. It showed he took the time to care not only about the food he was making but also about me the guest. He said he hoped that my parents enjoyed their meal and that my DAD gets better and that dinner tonight was from Roy's. It made me cry and i asked if i could give him a hug. .

Chef Ron, I can not explain the difference you made that night. They loved the food and i loved knowing that their are still people in the world who understand service . You now have a loyal customer for life and i will be sure to refer all my family and friends.

Thank you for the amazing food and service!!!!

5  Thank TellAllTraveler2016