Few quick details about the this hotel to consider before booking for the convenience of the location.....
POSITIVE ASPECTS OF THE HOTEL:
- Extremely polite and friendly staff.
- Across the street from Disney park. Within walking distance but the transit is well worth the cost when the family and little ones are tired from walking all day in the parks.
- Conveniently located across from IHOP and several other restaraunts
- Fireworks (on weekends) can be viewed from hotel rooms facing Disney park. Very nice for little ones.
NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF THE HOTEL:
- Very limited parking: uncovered parking minimal and garage parking little to non. Approximately 15 spaces at most and they are always taken.
- Urine smell in hallways and bedrooms (on more than one level). This is one of the most disappointing parts of the whole entire trip. I switched rooms 3 times and was still not happy but was scheduled to go to the park the next day and unable to get any additional accomodations. I was extremely "bummed" about how the smell brought everything and everyone down.
- Room was outdated, comforters on beds look "blah" and just don't look clean. Did not want to sleep in them (at all).
- Shower has good amount shampoo and several towels (with hair on most) but not enough hand soap (1 teeny-tiny bar soap). Hot in the bathroom when taking a shower because there is no fan but the water is nice and hot.
- A/C is only in kids bedroom and does not extend to adult room as needed. Who wants the kids to be the only ones cool (or sick?). So, as usual the parents have to sacrifice comfort for kids health and comfort (just doesn't make sense)....and don't close the french doors...non of the adults will get air when a/c on.
Utlimately, I would not stay here again. When you leave Disneyland you can't wait to relax at the end of a super long day of walking around.... and staying here is just not relaxing or comfortable. It's convenient, for sure, but this whole street is loaded with hotel options. A vacation is expensive and the memory is what you pay for (for children AND adults alike). Why spend HARD EARNED money on just the park experience and not the "ENTIRE" experience???? No thank you! Again, great staff, not a great hotel. Pretty disappointed and sad that my family's vacation was not as amazing as it could have been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring spacious King Suites and Kids Suites perfect for families. Heated outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, video game room, complimentary newspaper, coin-operated guest laundry facilities and free parking. Across the street from Disneyland Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Inn And Suites Anaheim Hotel
- Portofino Hotel Anaheim
- Portofino Suites
- Portofino Anaheim
- Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel California