We were relieved to get to the hotel after travelling for nearly 24 hours. The check-in was quick and efficient. We were giving two keys to our room #1747 situated on the 17th floor.
We were rather pleased with the room, which by our european standards was very spacious. We had a big bed which was very comfortable. Decent sized bathroom with a tub + shower head. We appreciated the beautifully scented bathroom amenities.
A few things did bother us, such as the expensive wifi. It was $12.50 a day if I remember correctly. Perhaps are we too accustomed to hotels with free wifi.
The walls in our room were thin. It didn't interfere with our first night's sleep because we were exhausted and slept through the noise. But on the second night, we found it hard to fall asleep.The hotel was filled with sororities/fraternities who seemed to enjoy being loud and obnoxious. Not really the hotel's fault though.
I should mention that the room was a little dated. But the room was neat and clean, and we were only there in the evenings!
The hotel is VERY big, as it serves as a convention center. It has a heated pool and a jacuzzi. It has many shops, restaurants and cafés. It has water fountains where you can have a drink or fill up your bottles for the day. We had breakfast at the Café del sol. The waiting service was friendly and discreet. The food was nice, well presented and reasonably priced.
The major bonus was definitely the price. We wanted a nice hotel that was within walking distance of the Disney Parks. But without the expensive price tag of a Disney hotel. The two nights cost a little under €145 (breakfast not included),which is an absolute bargain.
For the short time that we were at the hotel, we mostly enjoyed it. Its a 20 mins walk to the Disney Park, which is very convenient. The hotel does offer free shuttle rides to and from the parks, but as expected the queues are long.
We stayed 2 nights on 27th and 28th december 2012
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim Marriott combines highly-appointed accommodations and superior service to rank among the best hotels in Anaheim. An ideal choice for a family trip, discover dream vacations made easy from one of the top hotels near Downtown Disney. Anaheim guest rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and upscale amenities. Unique among Anaheim hotels, experience nFuse, a stylish bar and restaurant offering fresh California cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, and an impressive wine list. For a quick lunch or snack, visit our on-site Marketplace or Starbucks. After a day of sightseeing or meetings, enjoy a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, soak up the sun at our resort-style pool, enjoy a snack on our dining deck or cozy up by the fire pit. Plan seamless business trips to our hotel near the Anaheim Convention Center. With over 100,000 square feet of event space, our hotel in Anaheim is perfect for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy an unforgettable Southern California stay at Anaheim Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anaheim Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Marriott California