Stayed here for 5 night over Spring Break. Great hotel. We stayed in a larger size King room (1501) with a roll out they brought up for us. The bathroom was decent size, not sure about the complaints regarding the bathroom being small. Maybe in another wing of the hotel?
Parking/the downside of staying here:
My only real beef is the parking. It is steep at $24 a day for SELF PARK. We were probably the farthest room away from the self park garage. Found out the last day the charge for self park was only $4 less per day than valet ($28). Should have used valet. It was a long walk to the parking garage from our room. Had to allow an extra 10-15 minutes of travel time when we used the car, by the time we waited for elevators and walked to the other end of the property to car.
If we stay here in the future, I would book a room close to the pool in the garden area (although some people complain about the noise) The pool was good size, with a nice hot tub. Great area for families or travelers without kids. The usual Marriott pool side food service available. A good bit of shade and sun in the pool area. Nice resort feel at the pool.
We ate at the restaurant (breakfast and lunch)the bill averaged about $25 per person per meal (without alcoholic beverages) . Everything we tried was good, but not anything to get excited about. Used the Concierge Lounge on the 18th floor of our tower. Ate breakfast here most days. Fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, pancakes, bread, bagels, the usual. Starbucks coffee if you are a coffee drinker. They have appetizers fruit and cheese in the early evening, and dessert at night. Soda and other drinks available all day. It was average for a Concierge breakfast. The ladies in the CL are a bit uptight about clearing out the food RIGHT when the meal is suppose to end. Watched one lady with her little kids come in at 8:55 one morning, and as she was getting her kids situated at a table, the attendants whisked away the food, she tried to get in line and make up some plates and they kept putting things away. One of them finally felt badly, and made her a plate in the kitchen and brought it out. I watched them do this every morning, put away items as people were serving themselves food. I get it that they can't leave food out all morning, but I think it is not great for customer relations to be so rigid when it comes to clearing the buffet. Don't be late if you want to eat here.
There was a Pizza Hut in the lobby, but it was only opened on the weekend. You can order Pizza Hut from the room service menu if you like. We ordered room service once, it was standard Marriott service. Nice if you are tired after a day in the parks.
Macaroons dipped in chocolate at the front desk every afternoon. Perfect grown up treat after a day at the park.
Great Starbucks in the lobby. Served hot items as well as sandwiches, treats. The best Starbucks I've seen in a Marriott. Used the business center/Fed Ex after hours to print out a document. Excellent workout facility. Used the guest laundry, very convenient. If you want to be close to the laundry, book a room on the 2nd floor, it is at the very end of the hallway.
Overall an excellent property. Especially if you are looking for an upscale hotel near Disney. This hotel, the Sheraton, and Hilton are all within a few steps of each other. Probably the closest full service hotels that aren't on the park complex (Disney hotels). If you are going for a convention, this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim Marriott combines highly-appointed accommodations and superior service to rank among the best hotels in Anaheim. An ideal choice for a family trip, discover dream vacations made easy from one of the top hotels near Downtown Disney. Anaheim guest rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and upscale amenities. Unique among Anaheim hotels, experience nFuse, a stylish bar and restaurant offering fresh California cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, and an impressive wine list. For a quick lunch or snack, visit our on-site Marketplace or Starbucks. After a day of sightseeing or meetings, enjoy a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, soak up the sun at our resort-style pool, enjoy a snack on our dining deck or cozy up by the fire pit. Plan seamless business trips to our hotel near the Anaheim Convention Center. With over 100,000 square feet of event space, our hotel in Anaheim is perfect for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy an unforgettable Southern California stay at Anaheim Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anaheim Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Marriott California