“Wonderful staff!!”

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #33 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at the Marriott for a couple of nights. My partner was there on business and I was planning to see Los Angeles as I had never visited California before. I had booked a full day bus trip before leaving the UK. Unfortunately, the bus failed to pick me up and I was left extremely disappointed and upset to miss my only opportunity to see the city.

The Marriott concierges were just fabulous and organised an alternative day for me - they arranged transport to and from Hollywood and a tour of Beverley Hills. I cannot thank them enough. Most hotels would have done nothing as the tour had not been organised by them but the Marriott staff went completely out of their way to sort things out for me.

Thank you Marriott - you were amazing and I had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen B
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

We're so happy that we could swoop in and save the day! Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you enjoyed your tour of Los Angeles, and we hope to see you again on your next business trip to Anaheim!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had a great stay at the Marriott Anaheim. All the staff were very attentive. My husband had communicated with Anne prior to our arrival to set up a couple of surprises for us on Mother's day. I guess there was a slight mix up with our reservation and the memo wasn't made when we arrived however the staff corrected this immediately - thank you for the fast and efficient service.
We were in a concierge suite in a connecting room to our friends that we travelled with (again thank you Marriott for making this happen!). The concierge is worth the money - they have a lounge that serves breakfast in the morning and a business centre. The food was very good and changed daily for variety. They also have snacks and desert in the evenings. There is wifi in the lobby so I just used the internet there rather than buying it in our room.
This hotel is located within a short walk to Disney or you can take the shuttle that stops right in front of the lobby. We really enjoyed our stay and are thankful for all the special touches! We previously stayed here in 2007 and had a great experience and it was even better this time. It not about the little mistakes but about how they get handled and this staff could not have done any better. Great job! I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to a convention or Disney.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for the great recommendation and review! We're so happy that we could make your Mother's Day vacation special despite the hiccups, and we're glad that our staff could immediately solve the problems. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

we checked in late at night around 12pm.check in staff was preoccupied talking and did not seem to be in the mood to check us in. (She made some mistakes which was corrected by staff at check out.) Room was big with two twin beds, balcony was big too with a view of the residential side.Bathroom was very tiny, for the size of he room.The room was clean except for hairs in the bathroom which I went around and cleaned.Lobby area very nice and has acess to free wireless internet in the main areas. In room you will need to purchase wireless for $12.95 per day .A strange stapler was found in the sheets which poked and scrached me.We complained to the manager and they apologised and offered us free movies and snacks as complimentary.this was very nice .We got ART bus to Disney land for hairs$5oer person per day, was good value snd we also went to Orange outlet on bus 16 on same ticket, overall good stay.Maybe some reception staff should be retrained on their customer service skills.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with Disneyland view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Priya L
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Anaheim Marriott and for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your comments have been shared with the management team and corrective action will be taken.

A stapler? That is strange! We're glad that we could set that straight for you!

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again! Let us know next time you're coming in.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here because it was pretty close to disneyland and we got a good rate! The hotel was really clean and the staff was so nice! Only thing is, and I already expect this from Marriott, is that the parking is overpriced ($24/day). I wish there was a refrigerator in the hotel but besides that it was a great stay! Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review and recommendation! We're bummed that you didn't ask about a refrigerator while you were staying with us because all our rooms have refrigerators behind one of the floor cabinets. Nevertheless, we're delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us, and we hope to see you again on your next Disneyland vacation!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our company had it's convention in the close by Anaheim Convention Center last week. I wound up staying at the Marriott for 4 days.

Perfect hotel for anyone attending an event as the convention center is a 2 minute walk from the property. Very comfortable beds and amenities. Nice lobby and lounge with large screen TV's. This hotel doubles as not only a convention hotel, but since it is less than a mile from disneyland, there are many families that stay there as well. Quite a contrast between the business traveler and the kids walking around with their Mickey ears. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked the Concierge for a good Mexican restaurant and he pointed me to a hole in the wall joint about 1 mile from the hotel. It was great! I was very thankful for this.

Although I didn't rent a car, I know parking is $26 a night, which for someone just coming to visit is a steep price to pay. Our company announced our event will again be in Anaheim next year, and I won't hesitate to book a reservation here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

We're glad that you had a great stay with us, and we're happy that we could help you eat like a local! Thank you for the wonderful review, and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you're rating this hotel on locationa and staff it gets very high marks but room was basic.

Lobby: B. Clean, and compact. Not small and by European standards very spacious and well appointed. By American standards average.

Hosptiality: A. Great staff at this hotel. Checked my bag at the bell desk before checking in (had to run to the convention center for business), when I returned the bell men grabbed my bad AND checked me in. Very friendly service. When I checked out same kind of service at the main desk - everyone ready to help with directions. Most of all was the friendly attitude. Was it the proximity to Disneyland? Speaking of which...

Location: A. Walking distance to Disneyland, multiple restaurants, and adjacent to the Convention Center. Can't really do much better in Anaheim for these venues.

Gym: A. Very well equipped with approximately 10 treadmills, elipticals, smith machine, free weights (dumbbells) and assorted other equipment. Towels available along with fruit and water. Adequate space for stretching and floor work. All the equipment was in good working order and clean.

Room: C. The room was a bit of a disappointment but nothint traumatic. Just a standard bed, flatscreen and desk. Ample room at the desk and in room (pay-for) wireless. Bathroom needed a make over. No in room wet bar or drinks. Coffee maker provided - didn't use it so can't comment there. Basic room.

Dining: B+. Ate at the Cafe del Sol. Again, great staff, very friendly and helpful. Food service was quick and very tasty. The decor was a bit diner-like so that was a little odd. The environment didn't match the quality of the food...but well, I was there to eat so B+. And just a shout out to the hostess- again, really friendly. Nice work!

Overall, a good experience and I'd probably stay here again. I don't spend much time in the room so the downsides there weren't enough to create a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank borad
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for the wonderfully-thorough review! We love to hear feedback on every aspect of your stay, and we're glad that you had a very positive experience with us overall. We hope your business travels will bring you back to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

To me, one of the most important intangibles is service. From when I first walked in until I left, I received nothing but top notch hospitality and service.
I was given a room near the concierge lounge. You can't understate how nice it is (especially when traveling with family) to be near the lounge for a quick snack, beverage, and breakfast, of course. A huge win for our stay.
The room is on the small side, but the balcony is a nice touch. In room fridge is also of high value when traveling with family.
Location is very convenient to Disneyland and the convention center.
Only minor issues were 1) the pool gets crowded, and in general folks not taking care of their kids at the pool (NOT the hotel's fault) 2) had an issue with a meal, but it was immediately and respectfully handled. A sincere apology goes a long way with me.
I would stay at this hotel again for business or pleasure. Loved the location and the service.

Room Tip: Near the lounge and a high floor gives you a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Customer service has always been a priority for us, and we're delighted that we could meet your highest expectations! Thank you for the wonderful review. If we helped make your family vacation to Disneyland relaxing and convenient, then we couldn't be happier. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Anaheim!