“Great for a conference!”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #33 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 July 2008

First of all, if you're attending a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center, you can't beat this location. It's right next door, taking only a couple of minutes walk.

The service as soon as you pull in is great. The bell staff are waiting to take your luggage. They issue a ticket and meet you up in your room within about 5-10 minutes of checking in.

Although there was a large conference taking place, the hotel checked us in early which was much appreciated. The room was clean. There's nothing special about the room itself. It's not that big and the bathroom could stand a remodel, but the beds are heavenly. I just bought a brand new matress at home a few months ago and now that I'm back, I'm missing the Marriott's bed. The pillows are wonderful and the blankets are great.

I only have one complaint about our stay at this hotel. The guest staying in the room next to us was smoking and we could smell it through the adjoining door. We complained almost daily about this, but nothing was ever done. Upon check-out, we complained again and the staff member transferred the call to a Manager where we sat on hold so long that we gave up and just checked out.

The Concierge desk was friendly and helpful. Their computers to print out boarding passes were down and the concierge was more than willing to help with this.

I wish they offered free wi-fi at this hotel, but if you need it you can pay $12.95 per day.

Room service was great. Very fast and the staff were more than willing to set the table up so guests can eat in bed.

I would not hesitate to stay her again if I were attending a conference at the Convention Center.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed 1 July 2008

I booked this hotel through its website and paid $129 per night for a weekend business trip. Asked for a high floor facing north and was given a room on the 16th floor where I could see most of the Disneyland fireworks from the balcony. There are two towers in this hotel but only one has balconies.

Room was clean, spacious and comfortable with a desk but no table and chairs. There was an easy chair and ottoman, TV with poor selection of channels and inconsistent sound levels among the channels (very annoying). The bed was very comfortable with no dirty bedspread just a light duvet and sheets, lots of pillows. Sliding door and closet door tracks both appeared bent and then repaired. They did not slide easily. Would have been nice to have the slider lock open just a few inches for ventilation and not have to run the AC at night.

Easy to get extra towels but despite leaving notes could not get housekeeping to allow my towels to air dry and not replace them all daily. Hair dryer, ironing board and iron, tea and cofee making and a refrigerator in the room--too bad there wasn't a microwave.

The Marriott has a steakhouse, a bar, a cafe and a large Starbucks which had a nice selection of sandwiches, salads and snacks. I was here for a convention and to escape at lunch got a made to order sandwich at Starbucks and enjoyed the peace and quiet of my room.

Staff were generally helpful and pleasant, can't fault their service. Planned to use the pool in the evenings after conference meetings but it is surrounded by the bar and restaurant so I wasn't going to don a swimsuit (!) and swim laps in front of colleagues. The pool deck is very small but part is shaded and it would have been very nice located in a more private area.

The Cafe del Sol offers a reasonably priced breakfast buffet. There are shuttles to Disneyland, an easy walk to the convention center. With the Hilton across the street and Sheraton on the corner there are other dining options in easy walking distance.

Not worth more than $150 per night but not a bad stay for less than that to attend a convention.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2008

We just returned from a four night stay at the Anaheim Marriott. We used the Citypass from Costco which included a 3 day disney park hopper. I read many reviews about this hotel and now that I have stayed, I can say that, " it is what you make out of it". We flew in to SNA and took a cab for $40.00 including tip. The cab happened to be a van and it took about 15 minutes to reach the hotel. We booked our hotel through the Marriott website which included the Kids Eat Free deal. The Cafe Del Sol and Degrees work together in serving good meals all throughout the day and night. It is not necessary to walk through the bar to get to the pool. A little perservance will take you to the side door. The pool and jacuzzi were great. We stayed on the 14th floor (upon requesting a high floor) of the main tower and could see most of the fireworks from Disneyland on the nights we came back early. We were able to easily walk the distance between the hotel, past the Convention Center via well light walkways to the south entrance of DL on Katella Ave. We caught the Lion King Tram and made it in to Disneyland in about 10 to 15 minutes after leaving our hotel. You can rent a car from Hertz at the Marriott but I saved some money and rented from Enterprise car rental across the street in the Hilton. We payed nothing for parking as I picked up our rental on our way to San Diego. Overall, this hotel was convienent and the entire staff was outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2008

My boyfriend and I chose to stay at the Marriott Anaheim for our annual trip to Disneyland because we'd stayed the year before and had wonderful service. Also, the shuttle to Disneyland is cheap and very convenient, making the choice a better deal than staying at the park's over priced hotels. And coffee addicts like me love that there is a Starbucks in the lobby.

BUT this time, our stay wasn't so great. Our room was old, and had a strong musty mildew smell, as if no one had stayed in it in a while and it hadn't been cleaned. There were dusty cobwebs on the curtains and in the corners, which confirmed that for me. We called the front desk, and they moved us to another room in the other tower (the better tower with the nicer rooms that is closer to the management desk ,FYI), which was lovely, smelled wonderful and clean, and had an overall newer, more comfortable feeling. This was what we expected originally. And what we paid for.

We appreciate the move, but wish we didn't have to go through the trouble at all. And it would have been nice if they'd offered us something-- a free drink, parking, shuttle passes, something for our trouble. But hey, I guess you can't have it all.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 10 June 2008

My family and I stayed here in June of 2007. It was my four year old sons first trip to Disneyland. On the third evening I decided to check on my Suburban which was valet parket out in the back parking lot. As I approached my vehicle, i could see sunlight shining through my where my headrests should of been. As I got closer, thats when I noticed that not only were my headrest montiors torn out of the headrests and the headrests distroyed, my dash had been ripped apart, my in dash DVD player and amplifiers that were mounted under the second row bench seat were missing. Also my drivers side door latch and lock cylinder were damaged, but not enough to gain entry.

It was obvious to me and the investigating officer that my vehiche had been left unlocked. After talking to other people, it is my belief that my vehicle was left unlocked for someone to come back later to steal my property. It would of taken quite a while to remove all that equipment, so the thieves had been give quite a bit of "alone" time to work on my vehicle. Also, anyone parking cars next to my vehicle would of seen the damage inside and out. Only valet parked cars were parked in that area.

So please, stay away from this hotel. I wouldn't want this to happen to someone else. Fortunatley my insurance covered the $5000 in physcial damage and property loss, but nothing can change the fact that my sons first Disneyland experience was ruined.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank MikeS1971
Reviewed 8 June 2008

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times before as it is close to Disney and was affordable. Each time the hotel was great. For some reason this time expectations fell a bit short. In the past they had plenty of free on site parking that was located right on the hotel property. This time I was surprised to see that the free parking lot was reserved for Valet only. To valet park it is 27 bucks. So I checked in and inquired about parking, since the last time was there in 2005 they built a huge parking garage behind the hotel and they now charge $20 a day to park. That kinda irked me as in the past and for years you can park for free and now it is $20 a day. And to boot the parking garage is very far away from the front of the hotel and quite dangerous too if you walk outside around the property. They really don't have a walkway so you are walking in the street and a car could easily hit you. I thought it was way too dangerous and far too expensive. That is the real major complaint other than that it was an ok experience. I did reserve a king bed but got 2 doubles and asked why this happened and was told that upon my late check in all the rooms were reserved. They now charge for high speed online in the room. I know it is free in the lobby but I don't want to sit in the lobby and watch a baseball game for 3 hours on my lap top. And the final catch about the parking is that the charge does not get added to your Marriott rewards points. From what I hear there is a Courtyard by Marriott close by I might stay there from now on.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2008

I stayed at this hotel with my sister and her son. I picked this hotel, as the one we really wanted was not available. I always stay at Marriott, Hiltons and Westins, as I like first class service and rooms. When we arrived, the front desk staff was really good and gave us free parking for the duration. The hotel offers free WII Fi at the pool and lobby, which made it really handy. The restaurant food was good, but the servers, were really slow. Also, we were on a plan where the kids eat free. Had to mention it all the time and the first time, had to fight for it. Didn't really make much of a savings, considering the adult meals were a little pricey.
My only major complaint was the rooms.These rooms were very old looking and the bathrooms were extremely small. I asked for a larger room, as there was three of us and we felt cramped. They gave us a handicap room, which was much more comfortable, but I don't know how anyone in a wheelchair would get through the bathroom door!!. It couldn't have been more the 36inches wide and they only had a bar in the tub. No lowered counters either.So someone in a wheelchair would have get out of their chair in the hall and drag themselves to the toilet and tub.
We stayed in a Fairmont hotel the night before our flight to LA and it was gorgeous. Was the first time my nephew has stayed in a hotel and he even commented on the room at the Marriott.
They are planning on renovating the rooms this year, but just know that the rooms are not done, just the common areas.
Travel Agent from Vancouver BC