“Good Convention Hotel”

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #33 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is located in close proximity to Disneyland and has a great conference center inside the hotel. The highlight for me was that the catering provided for the conference was not the typical "meat smothered in sauce", but was pretty healthy "California cuisine", including lots of salads and fish. This is a welcome change as this is my 6th conference this year. What a differentiator!

Rooms are nice good solid Marriott rooms, Beds are comfortable and the amenities are all nice.

Hotel seems to be a great choice for conferences, or if you are looking to use your Marriott points to visit Disney, this would make a good location to base yourself.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our menu for your conference. We love to provide healthy eating options for our guests. Thank you for staying with us and for telling us about your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Was there earlier this month for a work meeting. I arrived from the east coast cranky and tired. When I checked in, my company had neglected to use my Marriott Gold Rewards info so I was stuck with two beds for just me. I get my keys and get to my room and the key does not work. I am so aggravated that I snapped at the security guy that came to help. I was promptly put into my place when he showed me that I was trying to get into the wrong room!! I was so embarrassed, but he was so nice to me. I apologized profusely and told him I was just having one of those days. I left the room to go get dinner and when I returned, the staff had left me a bottle of wine and a snack tray with a sweet note, saying that the one good thing about having one of the days is that they all have to end. I was floored. The service continued to be that amazing the entire time. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and welcoming.
I stay at a lot of Marriotts for work, and this one was definitely one of the best. Location is great, close to everything. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I was in 1302, which faced the parking lot. I was at the end, which i always pick so that it is qui...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I loved reading about your experience. Travel can definitely make us weary and cranky but I'm delighted that we were able to give you a happy ending to your day. I hope you'll come back and stay with us again. Thank you for everything.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

A note of thanks to Marriott. Stayed here for a conference and what a great place to stay! This hotel is immaculately kept up and the front desk/concierge, technical support staff, and restaurant wait staff were fantastic. Kudos are MUCH DESERVED to the housekeeping staff. The room itself was wonderful. It was SO WELL CLEANED and had a VERY COMFORTABLE BED. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

THANK YOU! I'm so glad you had such an outstanding stay. I'll be sure to let the housekeeping staff know how you feel. Thanks again and I hope you'll be back.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

the room was way to small for the people we had ad the sofa bed was so hard and uncomfortable the person sleeping there woke up with a stiff neck and it made his vacation terrible because he hurt so bad.

2  Thank mhfritze
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Excellent chain next door to Orange County Convention center. The staff - without exception - is well trained and treats you like a person that matters. The hotel is older but in good shape. All you could ask for in a convention location. The people do make the difference.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors close to the pool are nice but can be noisy at night.
1  Thank SFfromNF

Wow, thanks for the great comments about the staff, it's definitely something we pride ourselves on. I hope you'll come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The room size was barely enough for three. It is about the only downside. Everything else were as expected at a Marriott.

The ART bus stop to Disney is just outside the hotel. The bus arrives there every 20 minutes(top of the hour, at 20 past and 40 past).

The hotel set up Wii game console with few controllers for the kids during the weekend (Columbus Day). The kids were occupied and parents just sit and relax next to them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CommentsMatter

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us for your Disney vacation. I wish you had found our room size good for your needs, but glad that you were still satisfied. I hope the kids had fun playing with the Wii.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The EN event I was attending was held at the Marriott and I have to say...wow. Great rooms, very friendly staff and room to move around. I didn't stay in the hotel, but I'm sure glad that I got to see what the main floor was like. Thanks Marriott for having us meet there :) See you again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank YOU for the wonderful comments, I'm so glad that you loved the conference rooms. Next time I hope you can stay with us.