“Big Brand Hotel, Big Brand Let Down”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #33 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It always surprises me, that when you go to a smaller hotel, most things are including in the room rate, like room wifi for example. Here, you are basically paying an in flatted price, for a very basic product, where anything extra you would need to pay a hefty price for.

But that was not my grip with the Hotel, as they setup is well advertised on their web site.
When the manager of the Hotel said they will contact you the next day, you would expect they would contact you. Alas this manager doesn't keep their word.

It all came down to staying guest not being able to buy any drink, after a hotel cut off time. The hotel stopped serving alcohol dead at 12.30am. Most bars stop serving at 2am, but this hotel bar stopped at 12.30am, and it didn't matter that you were a staying guest. This is the first time I had come across this, even with hotels in the same state.

What pushed a few more buttons was that apparent passing of the buck, bar staff saying it’s the manager decision if to serve any more alcohol past 12.30, but then the manager saying she would not over rule her staff. I guess that is called, "lets blame the other person – or I'm not taking responsibility".

The kicker is that we were at a wedding being hosted at the hotel, where the bride and groom was with us, and they wanted to get a drink, and the bride just asked for a soft drink, but that could not be served, because of the 12.30 rule. It's up setting that they paid so much to the hotel to host the wedding there and with all the guest paying to stay, but yet the bride couldn't get a glass of coca cola at 12.45am.

Basically I would recommend staying here, staff were a little "off" checkin in, but the manager wasn't any better, so the staff are being led by a poor example. But it doesn't matter, the hotel has a brand name and is in a good location, so they can afford to upset and be rude to a few people.

Room Tip: Higher up is better
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I am regret to hear about your negative experience at our hotel. I am sending you a private message right now.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Wonderful staff experience and convenient to walk or shuttle to Disneyland

Would stay again if traveling for business at the convention center or with family and going to Disneyland again.

Could see fireworks for Disney facing room balcony.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bryan m
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

I am very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel. Being able to see the fireworks from the comfort of your room must have been a delight. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a great time at the Marriott but this time around the cleanliness of the room left us wanting. Although the room was next to the elevator on a high floor and check-in was practically flawless, the room cleanliness was not up to our expectations. In the photos here from our stay October 11-13th, I wanted to make sure they were posted today.

Before we get to that, the check-in process was amazing. We were checked in swiftly and received our package deal items quickly ($200 gift cards to Disneyland and free shuttle passes). The room was on a high floor near the elevator, which was nice. The room itself was spacious and was a handicap room. I didn't mind having a handheld shower and the space in the room because it was made for wheelchairs.

The downfall came upon inspection. There were hairs on the bed sheet underneath the comforter as well as in-between. The hairs were minimal; about 1 or 2 per layer of blankets. Still, finding any hair makes any guest feel like it's not as clean as it should be. I did use the blacklight and there were no stains on the bed sheets. They were quite wrinkled, though, but it didn't change the comfort of the bed.

The connecting room doors had piles of dust and hair on the hinges. The phone had marks on them, some of the furniture had wear visible on them, and the air vent has spots of mold or just caked on dust.

Overall, the room was nice and the package was nice for our stay, but I wasn't too happy with the way it was cleaned. I would stay again because our initial experience was better. Next time I plan to ask for a different room if these issues are visible again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karidaluv
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I truly regret the condition of your room when you arrived. If this happens next time, please do not hesitate to call the front desk and let them know so that they can remedy the situation. I appreciate you coming back to our hotel and certainly hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Service was outstanding by this Marriott staff from the time I arrived. You can't ask for a better location if you are visiting for the Convention Center and Disneyland is a short hike or ride away. Excellent restaurants within walking distance.

Rooms were small but clean, the staff made up for it by providing the best service. They could never do enough for you. I stayed here five days and this was my second stay at this hotel. My first stay 4 years ago was just as good and I had four other choices for this trip, but chose to come back to this property. It was a great decision!

Room Tip: From the Disneyland side you can see the fireworks and everything going on down on the Convention Ce...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

I am so glad you chose to stay with us again. Our staff is definitely a point of pride at our hotel and I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

the clerk at the check in didn't even welcome us, it was a cold procedure and it was by far the worst experience I ever had. Even some Motels make one more welcome. However it was convention time and maybe the staff was just stressed.

The convention time may also be the reason that the room was so expensive, One can get a 5+ hotel room for the price we paid. Anyway the room itself was clean, but very small. Very small was also the bathroom and had even no fan. We got room 711. Horrible was the constant noise of a running aircraft engine. Below our room was some kind of gigantic A/C power unit. A real good night sleep? No way.

And the door to the balcony could not be locked and due to the design of the balconies we felt not really safe to let our belongings in the hotel room, we put most of our luggage back in the car, at least there was it insured and protected.

Overall, when you can book a room here at a good price it may be okay to stay and you can oversee a lot of things, but when you have to pay the price for a 5+ room you expect something more than just 2 beds and a small bathroom...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Seamrog1337
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

I'm very disappointed to hear this and am sending you a private message now. Thanks you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

A last minute decision my husband & I were able to stay at this beautiful hotel. Friendly & helpful staff. The room looked great & we were able to request tooth brushes & tooth paste since we weren't planning on staying in Anaheim over night. Had room service for breakfast & everything not only looked good but tasted yummy. We will book in advanced for next Blizzcon :)

Stayed: November 2013
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our staff and I'm delighted to hear that your impromptu stay was such a pleasant experience. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Had one night here. The rooms were great and hotel very nice, but the noise from the roof fan for the main cooling system was really loud at night. I did not notice during the day, but it was terrible on the night I was there. Other than this great staff, nice food and good overall. I had a view over the city on the 9th floor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the view of our beautiful city. I do apologize for the noise and hope it wasn't overly disrupting. Thank you for staying with us.