It always surprises me, that when you go to a smaller hotel, most things are including in the room rate, like room wifi for example. Here, you are basically paying an in flatted price, for a very basic product, where anything extra you would need to pay a hefty price for.
But that was not my grip with the Hotel, as they setup is well advertised on their web site.
When the manager of the Hotel said they will contact you the next day, you would expect they would contact you. Alas this manager doesn't keep their word.
It all came down to staying guest not being able to buy any drink, after a hotel cut off time. The hotel stopped serving alcohol dead at 12.30am. Most bars stop serving at 2am, but this hotel bar stopped at 12.30am, and it didn't matter that you were a staying guest. This is the first time I had come across this, even with hotels in the same state.
What pushed a few more buttons was that apparent passing of the buck, bar staff saying it’s the manager decision if to serve any more alcohol past 12.30, but then the manager saying she would not over rule her staff. I guess that is called, "lets blame the other person – or I'm not taking responsibility".
The kicker is that we were at a wedding being hosted at the hotel, where the bride and groom was with us, and they wanted to get a drink, and the bride just asked for a soft drink, but that could not be served, because of the 12.30 rule. It's up setting that they paid so much to the hotel to host the wedding there and with all the guest paying to stay, but yet the bride couldn't get a glass of coca cola at 12.45am.
Basically I would recommend staying here, staff were a little "off" checkin in, but the manager wasn't any better, so the staff are being led by a poor example. But it doesn't matter, the hotel has a brand name and is in a good location, so they can afford to upset and be rude to a few people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim Marriott combines highly-appointed accommodations and superior service to rank among the best hotels in Anaheim. An ideal choice for a family trip, discover dream vacations made easy from one of the top hotels near Downtown Disney. Anaheim guest rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and upscale amenities. Unique among Anaheim hotels, experience nFuse, a stylish bar and restaurant offering fresh California cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, and an impressive wine list. For a quick lunch or snack, visit our on-site Marketplace or Starbucks. After a day of sightseeing or meetings, enjoy a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, soak up the sun at our resort-style pool, enjoy a snack on our dining deck or cozy up by the fire pit. Plan seamless business trips to our hotel near the Anaheim Convention Center. With over 100,000 square feet of event space, our hotel in Anaheim is perfect for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy an unforgettable Southern California stay at Anaheim Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anaheim Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Marriott California