“Don't Pay for the Shuttle to Disneyland walk across the street and take one for free!”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

First- if you are going to Disneyland you do not need to pay to take the shuttle from the hotel. Disneyland has a lot right across the street from the hotel that you can walk to and ride for free. We felt pretty stupid that when talking to someone at the hotel in trying to decide if we were going to drive to Disneyland and park there or take the shuttle that came to the hotel. It was the same price to drive and park or take the shuttle. This was our first trip to Disneyland and we are used to Disney World so we didn't know what to expect. So, we got our car and drove to Disneyland only to find that the parking signs led us pretty much right back to our hotel to park and then take the shuttle over. Why didn't they tell us the parking lot for Disney was right there- pretty much at the hotel. It prevented us from getting to the park when it opened which is a big deal when trying to get a fast pass for Cars. The next day when talking to an employee at the hotel and telling them we wished they had been more clear about the parking he told us you can actually walk to the lot and ride for free. So, take a right out of the hotel and cross the street at the red light and you will walk into the Woody lot and can grab a bus over to Disneyland without paying to park.

I was not in love with the rooms at the hotel. We got one of the bigger rooms. It had the same stuff as a smaller room only it was larger. I was surprised that it didn't even come with a chair in which to sit. It has a desk chair and that was it. The bathroom was small and with the toilet, shower, and sink being in the same room made it difficult for a family of 4 to get ready. The bathroom did have a lot of counter space which was nice.

The lobby was nice and they had a Wii available for kids to play and they had a tv with the Cars movie playing which my boys really liked.

We had great service from Mark and Adrian at the restaurant there at the hotel. When it came to the little things we needed they went above and beyond what they needed to do and it was greatly appreciated- especially with as tired as we were after a long day in the park. The food was very good too. I was also very impressed with the way Adrian handled and very difficult customer. They were both great!

Also, Ryan who checked us in was great. Not only was he great at check in but one night we had been gone all day and again were very tired so we picked up Outback on the way back to our hotel thinking we would eat it at the concierge lounge but it was closed. Since there was no extra seating in our room and we really didn't want to eat on our bed we asked Ryan where would be a good place to eat. He moved some chairs around in the lobby so we could sit a a bigger table and checked to make sure we had silverware and even got us some water to drink. This was greatly appreciated.

At 10:30 I was woken up by a group of kids at the pool. I went down to the front desk and let them know and it was taken care of right away.

Since I wasn't in love with the rooms I would look at other Marriotts in the area and might stay there but if I would look at staying here again.

Btw...the sausage in the concierge lounge is terrible. Stick with the bacon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank MACGermantown
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your tips to other travelers. I'm delighted to hear that the staff went above and beyond, and were able to provide a pleasant experience at our hotel. I hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I attended a business conference at this hotel, and it is well-built for this purpose. It has enough sleeping rooms to accommodate large conferences, as well as services such as copying and shipping right in the hotel. Of course, the cost of these services is rather high, but they have probably found that most are willing to pay for the convenience. My sleeping room was comfortable and clean. I may not pick this hotel for leisure travel because I usually prefer something smaller and more unique, but it seems like a good choice for business conferences and travel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. I certainly hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It always surprises me, that when you go to a smaller hotel, most things are including in the room rate, like room wifi for example. Here, you are basically paying an in flatted price, for a very basic product, where anything extra you would need to pay a hefty price for.

But that was not my grip with the Hotel, as they setup is well advertised on their web site.
When the manager of the Hotel said they will contact you the next day, you would expect they would contact you. Alas this manager doesn't keep their word.

It all came down to staying guest not being able to buy any drink, after a hotel cut off time. The hotel stopped serving alcohol dead at 12.30am. Most bars stop serving at 2am, but this hotel bar stopped at 12.30am, and it didn't matter that you were a staying guest. This is the first time I had come across this, even with hotels in the same state.

What pushed a few more buttons was that apparent passing of the buck, bar staff saying it’s the manager decision if to serve any more alcohol past 12.30, but then the manager saying she would not over rule her staff. I guess that is called, "lets blame the other person – or I'm not taking responsibility".

The kicker is that we were at a wedding being hosted at the hotel, where the bride and groom was with us, and they wanted to get a drink, and the bride just asked for a soft drink, but that could not be served, because of the 12.30 rule. It's up setting that they paid so much to the hotel to host the wedding there and with all the guest paying to stay, but yet the bride couldn't get a glass of coca cola at 12.45am.

Basically I would recommend staying here, staff were a little "off" checkin in, but the manager wasn't any better, so the staff are being led by a poor example. But it doesn't matter, the hotel has a brand name and is in a good location, so they can afford to upset and be rude to a few people.

Room Tip: Higher up is better
Green Features: they have none apart from a option not to have clean towels
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I am regret to hear about your negative experience at our hotel. I am sending you a private message right now.
Burlingame, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Wonderful staff experience and convenient to walk or shuttle to Disneyland

Would stay again if traveling for business at the convention center or with family and going to Disneyland again.

Could see fireworks for Disney facing room balcony.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bryan m
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I am very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel. Being able to see the fireworks from the comfort of your room must have been a delight. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you again.
Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a great time at the Marriott but this time around the cleanliness of the room left us wanting. Although the room was next to the elevator on a high floor and check-in was practically flawless, the room cleanliness was not up to our expectations. In the photos here from our stay October 11-13th, I wanted to make sure they were posted today.

Before we get to that, the check-in process was amazing. We were checked in swiftly and received our package deal items quickly ($200 gift cards to Disneyland and free shuttle passes). The room was on a high floor near the elevator, which was nice. The room itself was spacious and was a handicap room. I didn't mind having a handheld shower and the space in the room because it was made for wheelchairs.

The downfall came upon inspection. There were hairs on the bed sheet underneath the comforter as well as in-between. The hairs were minimal; about 1 or 2 per layer of blankets. Still, finding any hair makes any guest feel like it's not as clean as it should be. I did use the blacklight and there were no stains on the bed sheets. They were quite wrinkled, though, but it didn't change the comfort of the bed.

The connecting room doors had piles of dust and hair on the hinges. The phone had marks on them, some of the furniture had wear visible on them, and the air vent has spots of mold or just caked on dust.

Overall, the room was nice and the package was nice for our stay, but I wasn't too happy with the way it was cleaned. I would stay again because our initial experience was better. Next time I plan to ask for a different room if these issues are visible again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karidaluv
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I truly regret the condition of your room when you arrived. If this happens next time, please do not hesitate to call the front desk and let them know so that they can remedy the situation. I appreciate you coming back to our hotel and certainly hope to see you again.
USA
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Service was outstanding by this Marriott staff from the time I arrived. You can't ask for a better location if you are visiting for the Convention Center and Disneyland is a short hike or ride away. Excellent restaurants within walking distance.

Rooms were small but clean, the staff made up for it by providing the best service. They could never do enough for you. I stayed here five days and this was my second stay at this hotel. My first stay 4 years ago was just as good and I had four other choices for this trip, but chose to come back to this property. It was a great decision!

Room Tip: From the Disneyland side you can see the fireworks and everything going on down on the Convention Ce...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am so glad you chose to stay with us again. Our staff is definitely a point of pride at our hotel and I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 15 November 2013

the clerk at the check in didn't even welcome us, it was a cold procedure and it was by far the worst experience I ever had. Even some Motels make one more welcome. However it was convention time and maybe the staff was just stressed.

The convention time may also be the reason that the room was so expensive, One can get a 5+ hotel room for the price we paid. Anyway the room itself was clean, but very small. Very small was also the bathroom and had even no fan. We got room 711. Horrible was the constant noise of a running aircraft engine. Below our room was some kind of gigantic A/C power unit. A real good night sleep? No way.

And the door to the balcony could not be locked and due to the design of the balconies we felt not really safe to let our belongings in the hotel room, we put most of our luggage back in the car, at least there was it insured and protected.

Overall, when you can book a room here at a good price it may be okay to stay and you can oversee a lot of things, but when you have to pay the price for a 5+ room you expect something more than just 2 beds and a small bathroom...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Seamrog1337
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
I'm very disappointed to hear this and am sending you a private message now. Thanks you for bringing this to my attention.