First- if you are going to Disneyland you do not need to pay to take the shuttle from the hotel. Disneyland has a lot right across the street from the hotel that you can walk to and ride for free. We felt pretty stupid that when talking to someone at the hotel in trying to decide if we were going to drive to Disneyland and park there or take the shuttle that came to the hotel. It was the same price to drive and park or take the shuttle. This was our first trip to Disneyland and we are used to Disney World so we didn't know what to expect. So, we got our car and drove to Disneyland only to find that the parking signs led us pretty much right back to our hotel to park and then take the shuttle over. Why didn't they tell us the parking lot for Disney was right there- pretty much at the hotel. It prevented us from getting to the park when it opened which is a big deal when trying to get a fast pass for Cars. The next day when talking to an employee at the hotel and telling them we wished they had been more clear about the parking he told us you can actually walk to the lot and ride for free. So, take a right out of the hotel and cross the street at the red light and you will walk into the Woody lot and can grab a bus over to Disneyland without paying to park.
I was not in love with the rooms at the hotel. We got one of the bigger rooms. It had the same stuff as a smaller room only it was larger. I was surprised that it didn't even come with a chair in which to sit. It has a desk chair and that was it. The bathroom was small and with the toilet, shower, and sink being in the same room made it difficult for a family of 4 to get ready. The bathroom did have a lot of counter space which was nice.
The lobby was nice and they had a Wii available for kids to play and they had a tv with the Cars movie playing which my boys really liked.
We had great service from Mark and Adrian at the restaurant there at the hotel. When it came to the little things we needed they went above and beyond what they needed to do and it was greatly appreciated- especially with as tired as we were after a long day in the park. The food was very good too. I was also very impressed with the way Adrian handled and very difficult customer. They were both great!
Also, Ryan who checked us in was great. Not only was he great at check in but one night we had been gone all day and again were very tired so we picked up Outback on the way back to our hotel thinking we would eat it at the concierge lounge but it was closed. Since there was no extra seating in our room and we really didn't want to eat on our bed we asked Ryan where would be a good place to eat. He moved some chairs around in the lobby so we could sit a a bigger table and checked to make sure we had silverware and even got us some water to drink. This was greatly appreciated.
At 10:30 I was woken up by a group of kids at the pool. I went down to the front desk and let them know and it was taken care of right away.
Since I wasn't in love with the rooms I would look at other Marriotts in the area and might stay there but if I would look at staying here again.
Btw...the sausage in the concierge lounge is terrible. Stick with the bacon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim Marriott combines highly-appointed accommodations and superior service to rank among the best hotels in Anaheim. An ideal choice for a family trip, discover dream vacations made easy from one of the top hotels near Downtown Disney. Anaheim guest rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and upscale amenities. Unique among Anaheim hotels, experience nFuse, a stylish bar and restaurant offering fresh California cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, and an impressive wine list. For a quick lunch or snack, visit our on-site Marketplace or Starbucks. After a day of sightseeing or meetings, enjoy a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, soak up the sun at our resort-style pool, enjoy a snack on our dining deck or cozy up by the fire pit. Plan seamless business trips to our hotel near the Anaheim Convention Center. With over 100,000 square feet of event space, our hotel in Anaheim is perfect for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy an unforgettable Southern California stay at Anaheim Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anaheim Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Marriott California