“a bit disappointing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong
“a bit disappointing”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed in Marriott Anaheim for a conference at the Convention Centre from 10-15 Dec 2013.
The location is very convenient, particularly that I stayed at the Oasis Building which is the nearest block to the Convention Centre. And at the ground floor, there was a Starbucks and Market Place where you could buy food for breakfast and lunch.

The facilities in the room were very minimal. They've got you shampoo, shower gel, hair conditioner, a soap, body lotion. That's all. There was a coffee making, but no spoon for you. A fridge was in a cabinet under the TV set. The bottle of water was not complimentary but cost 3.5US. You can always buy cheaper water at 7-11 or ABC convenience store outside the hotel.

My flight was supposed to be at midnight, while their check-out time was noon. I asked if I could be given a late checkout. And I was offered that I could check out not later than 1p.m.! it's really a generous offer. So, they expected me to stay in the lobby or where else to kill the time, if I don't enter the Disneyland.

But my bad luck hadn't been over. I was later told by the airline company that the flight would further be delayed for 6 hours. I intended to ask the front dest and concierge to call to the airline company to help me to identify if there is another alternative flight. but the staff was simply ignorant about this, and was not willing to make a call for me. He just gave me a toll free number and asked me to call myself. Unfortunately there was no one answered because it was a Sunday.
So, what a good experiences in Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
I am disappointed in hearing about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sending you a private message right now.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Wonderful! My husband had business at the Convention Center. I had relaxation. Beautiful! Wonderful staff. Good food. I could walk to Downtown Disney to shop. It is a walk away from shopping areas. It is 1 block away from Morton's Steak House.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Debbie R
I am delighted to hear that you had a relaxing stay at our hotel. I certainly hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Angels Camp, California
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed here for four nights in early December. We were blown away by the incredible service we received from the employees at this hotel! From the first interaction with the valet, to the cheerful smile of the front desk receptionist (her name was London) and the incredibly friendly bellman (John). Warm, sincere greetings were everywhere.

We checked in later in the evening during a convention and we were given a complimentary upgrade to an executive king. When we got to the room, we noticed that we were on a lower level overlooking the convention center. The room was clean and spacious, and we went to sleep!

The next morning when I visited the lobby to see about moving rooms, I was greeted by a member of the front desk staff who was roaming the lobby checking on guests (his name was either Eric or Issac, both names come to mind for some reason). He assured me that he apologized, and arranged for our bags to be moved to our new room and promised that new keys would be waiting for us at the front desk when we returned from our day at Disneyland! Thank you so much! Not only did he move us, but he put us at the other end of the hotel with a beautiful view of Orange County.

Everywhere you look this property is impressive. Beautiful lobby, immaculate indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub, and a shiny convention center.

The only improvement that I would suggest: invest in the guest room bathrooms. The fixtures and tile in the main tower bathrooms are really starting to show their age.

We travel to this area often and we generally stay either here or the neighboring Hilton (which generally has a lower nightly rate), and we are always impressed with both!

We will be returning soon!

Room Tip: The main tower rooms have balconies, but the second tower has nicer bathrooms. Both towers are extre...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David W
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Our staff is a great point of pride and I am glad they were able to make your stay so pleasant. I certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We booked our vacation stay at this Marriott because of how close it is to Disney. We had a great stay the room were standard nothing special Two double beds because we had the kids with us. The room was cleaned every day and done well but my compliant is the pillows. Marriott has horrible pillows. Last time we stayed at the Marriott suits down the road the same thing. The comment we received from them last time was to call down to get new ones. So this time I did and they sent me up two more uncomfortable pillows. What can I say Bring your own pillow from home I guess.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for being a loyal guest and for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay and hope to see you again.
Boston
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed a few times for meetings held at convention center. Nice staff, good service. Due to the volume of meetings I get this sense that they don't have to "try" for lots of business and I feel that is why they don't have to go the true extra mile for rooms and comfort. It's nice, but I give it an average rating for the following:

For size it should have more than one on-site restaurant running.
Rooms are on the small size even for Marriott.
Really small bathrooms
Concierge lounge on small size --at it's busiest it can be cramped and hard to move around.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback. I hope you stay with us again in the future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great place to stay. We walked to Downtown Disney to gain access to the parks everyday and found the walk to be easy, took about 10 minutes. Room was spacious and very neat and clean. Staff were great, Karla was great at check in & check out - a credit to the Marriott and made the welcome and good bye more than the norm. Was great to be located close to several food places plus having a starbucks in the foyer was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trent911
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Our guests certainly enjoy being so close to Disneyland. I am so glad you felt welcomed will be sure let the staff know of your comments. I hope you stay with us again.
Davis, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I enjoyed my recent stay during a conference. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable, despite being placed near the elevator doors due to an alcove that I suspect mitigated noise. An array of services are available for business travelers and conference attenders, including a FedEx mini-store and business center, as well as other amenities like exercise facilities. Additionally, this hotel is within walking distance of Disneyland. If I ever travel to the area on business again, this Marriott will definitely rank high on the list of desirable options.

However, no inexpensive restaurants appear to be within easy reach of the Marriott, and the in-house options are either expensive, unappealing--like a Pizza Hut station--or both. Families visiting Disneyland, may want to explore other options.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
danomatic, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. As far as more affordable restaurants, there is a Denny’s a block away and a couple other reasonable options just north on Katella. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope to see you again.