“Good - not great”

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #33 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

stayed here for business. It was good. Liked the balconies in the room. Liked having a refrigerator in the room. That's about the best I can say. Having also stayed at the Hilton across the street - I would choose there over here assuming the price is close when visiting. It's not that the Marriott is bad - just I think the Hilton is better. While there is an inroom safe at the Marriott - it requires you to use a key (as opposed to a code) and also is 'vertical' as opposed to 'horizontal' which requires you to tip up your computer - it just didn't seem as convenient to me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VATLC23
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,174)

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Really near the Disney parks. Good bus service to the parks. Clean and friendly. Very helpful. Checked in for flight at the hotel which saved a great deal of time once that was done. Comfy bed. Good restaurant, good value. It's nice that there is a pizza hut in the hotel for a quick meal once back from the parks. It's good for a park trip when you need just somewhere to crash.

• Stayed: May 2013

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing us and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I tagged along with my husband who was attending a conference back in October (just getting around to this review...lol). This hotel is very nice and inviting. All the staff we encountered, from valet to restaurant servers, were all very professional and courteous. Our room was sufficient, nothing fancy, but enough and very clean. Our one complaint, if any, was that we booked a king suite, but got double beds. They were very busy due to several conferences taking place, so there were no king suites available. But we made do, it was actually nice and cozy. The location was perfect. While he was "working", I was able to sightsee and shop and it was also convenient to have the shuttle service, for a nominal fee, all day. Although the hotel was at capacity or almost, the staff was always very accommodating. This was a nice, comfortable place to stay for a quick getaway for us!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your stay. I'm so glad you found our staff to be accommodating and pleasant. I hope you and your husband will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Anaheim for a conference. I checked in extremely late, so much so that I was only charged 3 nights rather than 4. My room was sufficient albeit a little cold. I had to use the extra blanket in the closet.

The elevators were very fast and the front desk staff was friendly. We used valet parking and they were speedy. I did feel that things were pricey but I was expecting that for a conference hotel. Luckily my work paid for this trip.

The hotel does have a Starbucks. I also ate at the food court in the Hilton right across the street.

I'd stay here again if I was in town.

Room Tip: I had a room across from vending machines. I was worried it would be noisy but it wasn't.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I'm delighted to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. Thank you for you review. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was a great hotel with excellent staff.... From check in to check out, nothing was too much effort for them to make my stay better. They even sent nice messages to my room about meeting me. The room was high up and facing Disney, I could lay in bed and watch the fireworks show. It was also close to a 7/11 for cheap snacks to fill the fridge provided with.

The concierge were very helpful. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room facing Disney!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

I'm delighted to hear that our staff was able to make your stay so enjoyable. It's great that you had a room where you could see the fireworks, it's quite a show! Thank you.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Room was nice and large. The balcony is nice to have for sitting outside and watching the passing crowds. They have restaurants and bars downstairs in case you do not want to leave the hotel. Being a short walk to the convention center is key as driving and parking for trade shows is tedious and $20+ a day!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts. Im glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just want to say THANK YOU to Kosta at reservations, Kevin at Valet Parking and Cesar at the front desk for such a wonderful service from the minute we book our reservations to the minute we left, also the ladies that clean our rooms in the 7th floor were outstanding. This hotel personnel sure made our stay a very pleasant one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

I am very happy to hear about your pleasant stay at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments to all the staff. I'm glad they were able to provide you with excellent service. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future