“Okay stay at the Marriott....”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,551 helpful votes
“Okay stay at the Marriott....”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed for two nights on business and had a pleasant stay. Check in was quick and the customer service was very good. The room was cozy with a nice firm bed and pillows that had some form to them and supported my neck. The fitness center was very nice with lots of treadmills, free weights, and machines. Fruit and water were included as well for a nice post workout snack. There are many restaurants within a short car ride. Disneyland is right across the street. I would stay here again.

2 Thank AlexanderDelarge
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
It's nice to hear that you'd stay with us again, I'm glad you had a pleasant stay.
~ Dan S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a nice, clean and relatively new property that is very convenient to the Anaheim convention center. I had an event at the Hilton and it was convenient to that as well. It's about a 15 minute walk to Disneyland Park.

There wasn't anything about this hotel that set it apart in my mind, but it was a good stay. They don't have a spa, but they do have a Starbucks :-)

2 Thank Allison R
Thank you for your review and for staying with us, I hope you'll return.
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here in May 2014. Check in: I asked the front desk gentleman for a room with a king bed and no ajoining doors, as we travel a lot and in these old hotels I am aware sound travels through the perimeter of the door. He stated he normally didn't work there and would have to ask another clerk for assistance. A woman approached and said the room she was giving me was a non ajoining room. The Bellman took me to the room and not only was it an ajoining room it was also a disabled room. I went back to the front desk and explained what had happened to another clerk who apologized and said he was now giving me a really good room. I get to that room and open the curtains to find I'm on the same level as the air conditioners, which are pretty loud. My husband goes down later to talk to the front desk and all they can say is well we gave u an upgrade that's a suite.... The room mind u is smaller still then most hotels I've stayed in and I'm still confused on what constitutes a suite to them. We stayed in the room as we needed to rest since we had come for the disneyland all night event. We had a difficult time with the noise from the air conditioners outside but dealt. We went to the park and came back with food around 4am. My husband and I were eating and casually talking normal when 5 mins later there's a knock at the door. I answer and it's security he states that they received a noise complaint, rudely. I stated that we were just eating and talking normally, he cut me off and rudely stated that I needed to keep it down & that he didn't want to have to tell me again or come back up here.....I felt like I was in third grade being reprimanded and the tone of his voice toward a woman was not ok with me. I understand the hotel is old and the walls paper thin. They knew people were staying for the all night event and would be coming in late. U would think they could have given a polite courtesy call instead of sending in thd intimidator to reprimand thief guest five minutes after they arrive back at the hotel. The next morning we asked to speak with the manager, irritated and looking to check out. I explained the situation to manager Cesar, who apologized and stated they would have a word with security, move us away from the air conditioning units, comp the first night, and give us comped breakfast the next morning. We moved into another room, still in the old building, still what they call a suite. The next morning guess what Cesar had noted nothing in the computer; no comped first night no breakfast. My husband spoke to another manager who corrected the issue and apologized. I was at the pool, it's hot I get in only to realize that the portion of the pool that is not covered is only 2feet deep???? Under the overhang the pool is 3.5 feet deep, not exactly relaxing. I decided I'd had enough of that dump and checked out early. We only stayed there because we thought it was close to the park but we ended up cabbing it anyway so we could have stayed anywhere. Two weeks go by and I notice the points for the one night we paid for did not show up on my marriott rewards account. I checked the receipt and it had my rewards number. My husband called the hotel and they apologized, which seems to be their thing, and had the points placed immediately along with some bonus points. Even if it was free I wouldn't stay there again. I can't speak of what they call the new tower "oasis", but it looks like it was built in the 80's from the outside. Hands down worst overall service experience! Although I will say the bellman had exceptional service.....he's working in the wrong hotel they don't deserve him.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank aninem
Thank you for staying with us, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience. We'll review with the internal team to assure this can be used as a teaching moment. I appreciate your comments.
Victorville
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have never been more disrespected by a hotel in my life. They not only treated my badly because I booked through a third party, which I usually do, but I had one girl straight out tell me they don't consider third party guest actual guests when it comes to accommodating us. I was so upset. On top of all the disrespectful I had to deal with, half the stuff in the hotel was closed and nutting was very clean. But the disrespect really did it for me. Especially after how much money I spent at there hotel to know that I wasn't even considered a guest to then.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Lmorales2399
Of course you are considered a guest! I'm sorry to hear about your experience and will be sending you a private message now as we don't tolerate this type of service. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I would never stay here again , very disappointed with Marriott all together. I also this for as offended I was there should have been more than sorry. Next time back to the Grand where you receive more than expected service from all .

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Allibugs
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I'm sorry to hear of your experience and would like to hear more, will send you a private message now.
Best,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Lobby & common areas updated & sleek. Room was comfortable but show some signs of wesr.pleasant pool which was often busy
Ate at casual restaurant decent selection . Best point is proximity to convention center

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us, I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay.
staatsburg
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are absolutely amazing. Very upbeat, energetic and clearly take their jobs seriously. From my check-in until my check-out 5 days later, I could not find a thing wrong. In addition to the staff, the hotel was clean and the food absolutely delicious. If I had to make a suggestion, it would simply be get more umbrellas for pool time. I made sure to find time even during work to spend time sitting out by the pool. Poolside service was great, lots of towels and food service awesome. Thank you Marriott for making another stay awesome.

Room Tip: get a room facing disneyland and you can see the fireworks from your balcony