“Love Marriott” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Love Marriott”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Marriott is our preferred hotel. The front desk is very nice and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite. Dare I say it was too big? No complaints here at all! There wasn't a robe in my room so my husband notified them and it was in my room before I finished dinner. To get to Dinsneyland, we took the shuttle. It's only $5 a day and right out front. Unfortunatley, the restaurant was closed since it was slow the night we ate in. We ate in the bar area. The atmosphere was great. The food is good.

Room Tip: A room by the pool isn't bad because most likely you are at the parks all day. The pool closes a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 26 May 2015
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write us a positive and honest review. We're pleased to hear that you didn't have any complaints while staying with us. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Best,
Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I seriously have a problem every time I visit Anaheim to go to Disneyland trying to choose a place to stay that is decent, not too far from the parks and not going to break the bank. The options are so poor, and while I love staying at the Disney properties I cannot always afford to. Finding this place was a gem! This hotel is professional, clean, comfortable and close enough to Disney for my taste. You will NOT be disappointed. The staff was super friendly and professional. The room was very clean and a nice size.

A little tip, if you walk down the street to the parking lot for Disneyland, you can take the bus into the parks, very close walk!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KimiCoconuts
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share you positive experience with us. We're pleased to hear that our hotel met all of your standards. We hope you book another stay with us very soon!

Thanks,
Dan
Hughesville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for eight days and if there for a convention or Disney it's a great location The room was a corner room and we saw fireworks every evening from Disneyland . It was clean and modern but not the best we have stayed in. It was directly across from the Hilton and the convention center. We were there for both a convention and to go to Disneyland .The hotel provides a shutter to Disney which cost 5 dollars a person which is an excellent deal. It ran so frequently that both coming and going we didn't have to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes. You pay at the hotel not on the shuttle. There's a Starbucks, Pizza Hut, deli, two restaurants and room service. We ordered room service a few time but had most of our meals outside the hotel. Sadly I was disappointed each time. My only complaint is that the food options are limited due to the same menu in room and at the restaurant. I ate Baja Fresh and also the deli at the Hilton and was equally disappointed. I tried the breakfast at the hilton restaurant and left feeling like I should have just ate a banana instead of their 24 sausage, egg and potatoes breakfast. Luckily Morton, Pf Chang, Cheesecake Factory were all nearby and we enjoyed our meals outside the hotel. I'm sure we will be back next time we are in Anaheim.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Felicia W
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, I'm glad to hear that you will return next time you're in Anaheim.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the Marriott for a day-long conference. I did not anticipate staying at the hotel, but when I explained to the staff that I was a nursing mother with a newborn and inquired where I would be able to pump for the day, they offered me full-day complimentary use of one of their rooms.

Pros:

Rooms are clean and well appointed.

Staff are exceedingly friendly and helpful.

Good restaurant and cafe inside hotel.

Excellent location.

Cons:

None

My husband and I will be back to stay the weekend at this hotel - very impressed!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mh_traveler
Thank you for your review and for staying with us, I really appreciate your comments.
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,536 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed for two nights on business and had a pleasant stay. Check in was quick and the customer service was very good. The room was cozy with a nice firm bed and pillows that had some form to them and supported my neck. The fitness center was very nice with lots of treadmills, free weights, and machines. Fruit and water were included as well for a nice post workout snack. There are many restaurants within a short car ride. Disneyland is right across the street. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AlexanderDelarge
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
It's nice to hear that you'd stay with us again, I'm glad you had a pleasant stay.
San Carlos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a nice, clean and relatively new property that is very convenient to the Anaheim convention center. I had an event at the Hilton and it was convenient to that as well. It's about a 15 minute walk to Disneyland Park.

There wasn't anything about this hotel that set it apart in my mind, but it was a good stay. They don't have a spa, but they do have a Starbucks :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Allison R
Thank you for your review and for staying with us, I hope you'll return.
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here in May 2014. Check in: I asked the front desk gentleman for a room with a king bed and no ajoining doors, as we travel a lot and in these old hotels I am aware sound travels through the perimeter of the door. He stated he normally didn't work there and would have to ask another clerk for assistance. A woman approached and said the room she was giving me was a non ajoining room. The Bellman took me to the room and not only was it an ajoining room it was also a disabled room. I went back to the front desk and explained what had happened to another clerk who apologized and said he was now giving me a really good room. I get to that room and open the curtains to find I'm on the same level as the air conditioners, which are pretty loud. My husband goes down later to talk to the front desk and all they can say is well we gave u an upgrade that's a suite.... The room mind u is smaller still then most hotels I've stayed in and I'm still confused on what constitutes a suite to them. We stayed in the room as we needed to rest since we had come for the disneyland all night event. We had a difficult time with the noise from the air conditioners outside but dealt. We went to the park and came back with food around 4am. My husband and I were eating and casually talking normal when 5 mins later there's a knock at the door. I answer and it's security he states that they received a noise complaint, rudely. I stated that we were just eating and talking normally, he cut me off and rudely stated that I needed to keep it down & that he didn't want to have to tell me again or come back up here.....I felt like I was in third grade being reprimanded and the tone of his voice toward a woman was not ok with me. I understand the hotel is old and the walls paper thin. They knew people were staying for the all night event and would be coming in late. U would think they could have given a polite courtesy call instead of sending in thd intimidator to reprimand thief guest five minutes after they arrive back at the hotel. The next morning we asked to speak with the manager, irritated and looking to check out. I explained the situation to manager Cesar, who apologized and stated they would have a word with security, move us away from the air conditioning units, comp the first night, and give us comped breakfast the next morning. We moved into another room, still in the old building, still what they call a suite. The next morning guess what Cesar had noted nothing in the computer; no comped first night no breakfast. My husband spoke to another manager who corrected the issue and apologized. I was at the pool, it's hot I get in only to realize that the portion of the pool that is not covered is only 2feet deep???? Under the overhang the pool is 3.5 feet deep, not exactly relaxing. I decided I'd had enough of that dump and checked out early. We only stayed there because we thought it was close to the park but we ended up cabbing it anyway so we could have stayed anywhere. Two weeks go by and I notice the points for the one night we paid for did not show up on my marriott rewards account. I checked the receipt and it had my rewards number. My husband called the hotel and they apologized, which seems to be their thing, and had the points placed immediately along with some bonus points. Even if it was free I wouldn't stay there again. I can't speak of what they call the new tower "oasis", but it looks like it was built in the 80's from the outside. Hands down worst overall service experience! Although I will say the bellman had exceptional service.....he's working in the wrong hotel they don't deserve him.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aninem
Thank you for staying with us, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience. We'll review with the internal team to assure this can be used as a teaching moment. I appreciate your comments.
~ Dan S.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#6 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,684 reviews

Been to Anaheim Marriott? Share your experiences!