As an Elite Marriott member, I have to say that this property confuses me. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the variation for mood lightning is a really nice touch. The staff was friendly (albeit somewhat aloof) and the food in the restaurants was really good for "hotel food." Obviously, it's a great location if you have a conference at the convention center and there is a nice variety of restaurants within walking distance.
So why the 3 stars?
WiFi is horrific. They charge $12.95 a day for 4MBS wifi - to put that in layman's terms, it's terrible. The upgrade of $17 a day brings you to 12 MBS which is ok for email, but don't plan on streaming any media or Netlix. The signal was spotty as well - it made for an EXTREMELY difficult time to get any work done. I actually had to leave the property and found free wifi that was much more reliable at a local coffee shop. Still, charging $17 for unreliable wifi service is not appreciated.
Outside of that, I found the staff to be hit or miss. The service in the restaurants on my first day was terrific. The second day I found myself hunting down my waiter and after waiting for 15 minutes, I just went to the bar and ordered my food and drinks to bring back to my table.
The workout room provides some redemption for this location. The equipment is nice and plentiful and it is roomy and bright with lots of natural sunlight. I appreciated them putting in a facility like this.
As for the pool, it is much too small for a property of this size. Service was slow as well.
Was I miserable here? No. Would I return? No. Too many little things that added up to me being constantly inconvenienced the entire weekend.
A final tip - if you have an early flight out of LAX, talk to the overnight Valet guy - he knows what he's doing. The front desk will tell you that they always have cabs, but they don't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim Marriott combines highly-appointed accommodations and superior service to rank among the best hotels in Anaheim. An ideal choice for a family trip, discover dream vacations made easy from one of the top hotels near Downtown Disney. Anaheim guest rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and upscale amenities. Unique among Anaheim hotels, experience nFuse, a stylish bar and restaurant offering fresh California cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, and an impressive wine list. For a quick lunch or snack, visit our on-site Marketplace or Starbucks. After a day of sightseeing or meetings, enjoy a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, soak up the sun at our resort-style pool, enjoy a snack on our dining deck or cozy up by the fire pit. Plan seamless business trips to our hotel near the Anaheim Convention Center. With over 100,000 square feet of event space, our hotel in Anaheim is perfect for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy an unforgettable Southern California stay at Anaheim Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anaheim Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Marriott California