“Good for leisure, not for business”
Review of Anaheim Marriott

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Good for leisure, not for business”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As an Elite Marriott member, I have to say that this property confuses me. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the variation for mood lightning is a really nice touch. The staff was friendly (albeit somewhat aloof) and the food in the restaurants was really good for "hotel food." Obviously, it's a great location if you have a conference at the convention center and there is a nice variety of restaurants within walking distance.

So why the 3 stars?

WiFi is horrific. They charge $12.95 a day for 4MBS wifi - to put that in layman's terms, it's terrible. The upgrade of $17 a day brings you to 12 MBS which is ok for email, but don't plan on streaming any media or Netlix. The signal was spotty as well - it made for an EXTREMELY difficult time to get any work done. I actually had to leave the property and found free wifi that was much more reliable at a local coffee shop. Still, charging $17 for unreliable wifi service is not appreciated.

Outside of that, I found the staff to be hit or miss. The service in the restaurants on my first day was terrific. The second day I found myself hunting down my waiter and after waiting for 15 minutes, I just went to the bar and ordered my food and drinks to bring back to my table.

The workout room provides some redemption for this location. The equipment is nice and plentiful and it is roomy and bright with lots of natural sunlight. I appreciated them putting in a facility like this.

As for the pool, it is much too small for a property of this size. Service was slow as well.

Was I miserable here? No. Would I return? No. Too many little things that added up to me being constantly inconvenienced the entire weekend.

A final tip - if you have an early flight out of LAX, talk to the overnight Valet guy - he knows what he's doing. The front desk will tell you that they always have cabs, but they don't.

2 Thank DanChicagoUSA
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, I'm sorry to hear that your accomodations did not meet your expectations. We'll review with the internal team to verify the highlighted opportunities. I appreciate your comments and we hope you'd give us another chance if your travels ever bring you back to the city of Anaheim.

~ Dan S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Marriott is our preferred hotel. The front desk is very nice and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite. Dare I say it was too big? No complaints here at all! There wasn't a robe in my room so my husband notified them and it was in my room before I finished dinner. To get to Dinsneyland, we took the shuttle. It's only $5 a day and right out front. Unfortunatley, the restaurant was closed since it was slow the night we ate in. We ate in the bar area. The atmosphere was great. The food is good.

Room Tip: A room by the pool isn't bad because most likely you are at the parks all day. The pool closes a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 26 May 2015
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write us a positive and honest review. We're pleased to hear that you didn't have any complaints while staying with us. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Best,
Dan
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I seriously have a problem every time I visit Anaheim to go to Disneyland trying to choose a place to stay that is decent, not too far from the parks and not going to break the bank. The options are so poor, and while I love staying at the Disney properties I cannot always afford to. Finding this place was a gem! This hotel is professional, clean, comfortable and close enough to Disney for my taste. You will NOT be disappointed. The staff was super friendly and professional. The room was very clean and a nice size.

A little tip, if you walk down the street to the parking lot for Disneyland, you can take the bus into the parks, very close walk!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KimiCoconuts
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share you positive experience with us. We're pleased to hear that our hotel met all of your standards. We hope you book another stay with us very soon!

Thanks,
Dan
Hughesville, Maryland
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for eight days and if there for a convention or Disney it's a great location The room was a corner room and we saw fireworks every evening from Disneyland . It was clean and modern but not the best we have stayed in. It was directly across from the Hilton and the convention center. We were there for both a convention and to go to Disneyland .The hotel provides a shutter to Disney which cost 5 dollars a person which is an excellent deal. It ran so frequently that both coming and going we didn't have to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes. You pay at the hotel not on the shuttle. There's a Starbucks, Pizza Hut, deli, two restaurants and room service. We ordered room service a few time but had most of our meals outside the hotel. Sadly I was disappointed each time. My only complaint is that the food options are limited due to the same menu in room and at the restaurant. I ate Baja Fresh and also the deli at the Hilton and was equally disappointed. I tried the breakfast at the hilton restaurant and left feeling like I should have just ate a banana instead of their 24 sausage, egg and potatoes breakfast. Luckily Morton, Pf Chang, Cheesecake Factory were all nearby and we enjoyed our meals outside the hotel. I'm sure we will be back next time we are in Anaheim.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Felicia W
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, I'm glad to hear that you will return next time you're in Anaheim.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the Marriott for a day-long conference. I did not anticipate staying at the hotel, but when I explained to the staff that I was a nursing mother with a newborn and inquired where I would be able to pump for the day, they offered me full-day complimentary use of one of their rooms.

Pros:

Rooms are clean and well appointed.

Staff are exceedingly friendly and helpful.

Good restaurant and cafe inside hotel.

Excellent location.

Cons:

None

My husband and I will be back to stay the weekend at this hotel - very impressed!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mh_traveler
Thank you for your review and for staying with us, I really appreciate your comments.
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,642 helpful votes
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed for two nights on business and had a pleasant stay. Check in was quick and the customer service was very good. The room was cozy with a nice firm bed and pillows that had some form to them and supported my neck. The fitness center was very nice with lots of treadmills, free weights, and machines. Fruit and water were included as well for a nice post workout snack. There are many restaurants within a short car ride. Disneyland is right across the street. I would stay here again.

2 Thank AlexanderDelarge
Dan S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
It's nice to hear that you'd stay with us again, I'm glad you had a pleasant stay.
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a nice, clean and relatively new property that is very convenient to the Anaheim convention center. I had an event at the Hilton and it was convenient to that as well. It's about a 15 minute walk to Disneyland Park.

There wasn't anything about this hotel that set it apart in my mind, but it was a good stay. They don't have a spa, but they do have a Starbucks :-)

2 Thank Allison R
Thank you for your review and for staying with us, I hope you'll return.