This was my second stay at this Anaheim Marriott (for a convention).
Traveling with a group, we always call ahead and make sure our keys are ready before arrival (which we did on this trip, about 2 hours prior to arriving at the Anaheim Marriott). However, the front desk didn't know where our keys were, leading to about 15 minutes of confusion and security threatening to tow our motorcoach (with ~50 people on board) unless we moved.
Once the keys were provided, we easily made our way to the rooms (LOVE the new elevator system).
The rooms are very well appointed - we had a Luxury Suite for our group and it was one of the nicer hospitality suites we've had at a Marriott property.
The one thing that erks me about this property is the number of fees charged for every small thing - I have stayed at a LOT of Marriott properties but have never once been charged for using a bellman to assist with luggage (tipping is expected, but never a fee).
Wifi is $12+ a day (I ended up having to use the hardwire ethernet cable because I couldn't get a signal for wireless). $17+ for "enhanced speed internet".
The restaurant prices were also high ($17 for a vegetarian pasta), although I will say the food was quite good.
The location is great if visiting Disneyland - you are far enough away yet within walking distance to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure).
*A hint for those visiting Disney* - if you walk down West Convention Way to the Toy Story Parking Lot, you can catch the free shuttle that drops you off by both park entrances. No need to pay for the ART bus or hotel shuttle to the parks.
Overall, the hotel is nice, but I'm turned off by the nickle-and-diming at every turn. There are other options in the area that offer similar quality at cheaper prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim Marriott combines highly-appointed accommodations and superior service to rank among the best hotels in Anaheim. An ideal choice for a family trip, discover dream vacations made easy from one of the top hotels near Downtown Disney. Anaheim guest rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and upscale amenities. Unique among Anaheim hotels, experience nFuse, a stylish bar and restaurant offering fresh California cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, and an impressive wine list. For a quick lunch or snack, visit our on-site Marketplace or Starbucks. After a day of sightseeing or meetings, enjoy a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, soak up the sun at our resort-style pool, enjoy a snack on our dining deck or cozy up by the fire pit. Plan seamless business trips to our hotel near the Anaheim Convention Center. With over 100,000 square feet of event space, our hotel in Anaheim is perfect for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy an unforgettable Southern California stay at Anaheim Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anaheim Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Marriott California