“Take an overcoat !”

Upper Hutt
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take an overcoat !”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We visited tonight, and were seated directly underneath the air con vents. I informed the waitress I was frozen, but she said there wasn't much she could do about it. So I utilised the serviette to put around my neck, but I got goosebumps on my arms and legs while waiting for our food, and my hot tea went cold within 5 mins. My husband also asked to be moved, but was told there wasn't another table available. The food was very tasty, but we were both so very cold that we gave up and asked if it could be boxed so we could take it back to eat at our hotel room. As I stood and moved back from the vents towards the rest rooms, I noticed that there were empty tables OUTSIDE - which we could have been offered (after all the temp was in the 80's out there), and I hadn't realised or been told they had tables outside. All in all not a good experience at all, which is a shame because it was a very beautiful old building ! We are still here for another week, but needless to say we won't be back to this restaurant !

• Visited September 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great Service, Get There Early!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

If you get to the CF before 6PM, you will usually get a table where ever you want. We sat outside on the patio and had a great waiter. He was friendly, funny, and very helpful with our questions about the massive menu.
The portions are so large here, I wonder why they even bother with having cheesecake on site.

• Visited August 2014
Walla Walla, Washington
“Great Cheesecake”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We were there for dinner and it was great. The service was great and so was the food. We took cheesecake back to the room with us for a late night snack and went back the next night and got more cheesecake. Lots of different kinds to choose from. It's so good.

Federal Way, Washington
“Nice ambiance”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Great food, steak Diane was a little peppery, but the entire experience was nice. Parking was awesome.

Georgetown, Texas
“Still Too Many Choices and Not Many Hits”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Had a great lunch on 8/16 and a "just okay" dinner on 8/18. After perusing the voluminous lunch selection my sandwich was really well prepared and tasty. "Kathleen" was a great server - friendly, funny and prompt, she made the meal. On the 18th, there were 9 of us and poor "Arthur" was overwhelmed. Drink orders were needed fixes and the some dinner orders were tardy. my Caesar salad was tasteless and the bow tie pasta in my chicken with cream sauce was overcooked and somewhat dried out. They should have assisted Arthur with the orders, and not just with the order deliveries.