“This place was a real find”
Review of Akua Motor Inn

Akua Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Akua Motor Inn
Ranked #90 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We were unsure of whether we would be able to spend time at Disneyland, so we made no reservations for Anaheim. A friend had given me a matchbook from this place 3 or 4 years ago. Checking the name on the internet, we found rooms at $38, $40 with refrigerator. We drove up, got a room for two nights -- room was good size; king bed was firm and comfortable; the table had two comfortable chairs; the soundproofing was very good. We had figured, at this price, we could just walk away from the second night if the place was terrible but, instead, we stayed both nights and would stay there again if in Anaheim. This place was doing a good business and with good reason.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jxw22

Reviewed 7 October 2011

While not the absolute best-ever lodging experience the Akua offers a nice clean restful environment. Owner is a great lady who'e run the place for many years and still acts as if she cares. Good place for business travelers even during the Obama years when there is little or no business! Dreat rates!

Room Tip: Front building...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank rickr442
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was the cheapest and closest hotel to where I was having a meeting in the morning and I was surprised that it was pretty nice. The rooms were clean (I was surprised to see the other review) - and I had a quiet sleep. They also had some cute landscaping around, something you wouldn't expect from a budget motel (you can't beat $40 a night). The staff were professional. Only drawback is that it is located in an industrial part of town although there are some restaurants close by.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My personal opinion of this motel is a F+++++++++++++++++ i stayed there many times before and air-conditioning never worked right it , and on my last stay when i was watching TV and relaxing i got bit tons by bed bugs. I notified management they saw it and then the manager on her cell phone offered me another room or to change the bedding. She got mean mouthed and said never come back. Trust me avoid this motel and go to motel 6 on state college its more expensive but worth it, they don't take pets at the akua and if you smoke they got few rooms for you hope you want bit and companion bed bugs at home now my house is showing signs of bedbugs and didn't before this stay at akua motor inn don't go there

Room Tip: Go to motel 6 on state college not akua inn
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank beavis7897899
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Holiday Inn Express Fullerton
Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton

Been to Akua Motor Inn? Share your experiences!