“Nice place to stay!”
Review of Polynesian Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Polynesian Motel
Ranked #114 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while our house was being worked on. The office was super friendly, the rooms were nice, the beds are really nice. It had direct tv and free wifi. I would recommend this motel to anyone. And the prices were really good! Cheaper than Motel 6.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Djennife
There are newer reviews for Polynesian Motel

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was in town with my family for a funeral and needed some where to stay. I called around and came upon Polynesian Motel and called to check availability. They only had a two bed smoking room left and I needed non smoking the clerk said he would save the room for me. When I arrived, he said I can check it out before I paid. He commented that he went in the room after I called and it smelled fine and there was no stench of smoke....he was right. The room was average but the service was GREAT

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank trey3157
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Looking for two rooms at a basic & inexpensive motel for a one-night stay near Disneyland, we selected the Polynesian from internet listings. Upon arrival we discovered it was indeed basic and (relatively) inexpensive, with an emphasis on the “basic”. After initially considering clicking "poor" I instead rated it "average" based on the price-to-value ratio.

The Polynesian is an older single-story bungalow style motel with rooms that were clean and appeared to have been rehabilitated at a fairly recent date. Plumbing was all in order, the A/C unit worked properly and the beds were adequately comfortable. Although located on a major street, it was quiet overnight.

As noted, this is definitely a “basic” motel. The rooms had TV and refrigerators and there is a soft-drink machine & ice maker outside the office, but that was about it. No coffee service (either in-room or at the office), no telephone or clock-radio, and although there was a swimming pool it was empty & appeared to be permanently out of service. Oh, and you get one towel & one washcloth per guest.

There is a decent family-run restaurant immediately across the street open B-L-D with reasonable prices.

I admit to not doing a price comparison before selecting the Polynesian, but I think the approximately $64 “true price” (all taxes & fees included) was reasonable for the Disneyland area. All in all we were satisfied with the motel for our one-night stay, although generally speaking I consider in-room coffee a basic standard no matter how basic the accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Socal Flyer
Reviewed 13 August 2011

BEWARE they have BED BUGGGGGSSSS!!!!! We were on our family vaction we stayed here our last night and at first we thought the rooms were ok just for us to sleep since we were leaving in the morning.The rooms didnt have a clock, the ac was old but worked had a old refrigarator,no microwave, the shower had no room to move.We got back to the room around 11 to sleep around 430am my sister calls me to tell me LETS GO THEY HAVE BEDBUGGS HERE!!!! We jumped out of bed got the kids up and i ckecked the kids bed and sure enough i found a bed bug! I went next door to my sisters room to c and they had about 3/4 bed buggs on the bed that they had killed,my sister called the office they didnt answer,we went to the office the guy came to the window we asked hem to come to the room and see the buggs that were in the bed he didnt want to he said" no its ok im not worried about it,we're going to remolde"we had this problem before they come from the Eurapenes!!! WTF R U SERIOUS!!!! We asked for a refund,we got a full refund for both rooms,Never once did he say sorry!!!!! Could u image waking up to this and having kids with u and have to go find another hotel room at 4 in the morning......BEWARE OF THE BEDBUGGS!!!!! And last but not least the maid needs to take cleaning lessons in my sisters room they looked under the bed and their was beer caps! Come on u mean to tell me she didnt see that! First time we exprienced this and its NASTY,NEVER WOULD I STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank meme r
Reviewed 26 July 2011

my kids were disappointed that the pool was not available to use... they said it was being worked on.. we never saw anyone working on it.. i liked that we had a fridge in the room.. but the shower sucked.. no room to move around. the price was a little high for what you got..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank anagirl
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We were looking for a place to spend the night and came across this place online. With only 1 review I was kind of unsure. We were in town for only 1 night because we wanted to spend at least 1 day visiting Disneyland. The motel is about 5-10mins away[depends on traffic]. The room is kind of old but it was clean. I only paid $58 for a night so I wasn't expecting much as far as 5star goes. There was a little fridge in there,but no microwave. The a/c worked fine. It was one of those wall units. There were cleans towels,sheets and cable tv. Quiet at night and a nice pool to enjoy. There were no insects or bedbugs from what I could see. The only problem I had at this place was the bed was a bit firm for me but other than that it was okay. You can park right in front of your room door and there is an ice machine by the office. Lots of stores around. The lady was real nice and helpful. When we go back we plan on staying here again. It beats paying $100 or more when all I want the room for is to sleep/shower in!

• Stayed: October 2010
5  Thank ddarkogirl
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We stayed on March 10th and 11th. The room was very clean and spacious. The room had a good size fridge. The manager was very friendly with excellent service. Anytime we needed towels he was on it. The pool was clean and a nice place to relax at.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple